Gamorrean Executioner Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got mine in today. The open mouth head doesn't sit right, it leaves a gap between the head and body. That's a shame too, because that's definitely the head to display imo. Though the other head does look great too. The base is pathetic though. The sides of the base are missing a lot of paint here and there. It's really bad. I already sent in my replacement request to SSC. This is only my second item from them, it's a shame.

No wonder I can't raise SS on the chat function today. :lol

Everything is falling apart with their QC procedures, or something...

I just went over and switched to my "non-fitting" snarling portrait. I love it, and it works okay for me, since I have the piece perched so high in my display right now. I'm not chancing even trying for a replacement head.

Yeah, my main concern is about the base, it's really bad. The head I can live with, but it'd be nice to get replacement. Worst case scenario and I get denied a replacement, I suppose I could always paint the base. I'd rather not though.

Just went to give my base a once over again. No problems there thank goodness. It really is hit or miss with these Sideshow pieces nowadays. I'm gonna stick with just the Mythos line, and focus the rest of my collection energy elsewhere from now on.

Lomrokk sure dose have a huge cod piece. :horror

Great pics Nerdgasm! Yours seems close to perfect.

After leaving a second voicemail to SSC today I finally got a call back to talk over the return form I filled out 2 weeks ago and to let me know they'd contact me in a few days.....
Frustrating but I'm crossing fingers.

Great pics Nerdgasm! Yours seems close to perfect.

After leaving a second voicemail to SSC today I finally got a call back to talk over the return form I filled out 2 weeks ago and to let me know they'd contact me in a few days.....
Frustrating but I'm crossing fingers.

sounds like i better start painting my base

So today they had a disscount at my LCS...I couldn't resist :dunno

DSC_0360_zpsf682e4b6.jpg

DSC_0368-1_zps13851659.jpg

Maybe I´ll take some nice pics tomorrow

Congrats! :D

When you say discount, what do you mean? I'm trying to make this line somewhat affordable to me, but it's hard because they are primarily only offered through Sideshow directly. Your shop gets them because you are in Mexico, right?

Thanks.

Congrats! :D

When you say discount, what do you mean? I'm trying to make this line somewhat affordable to me, but it's hard because they are primarily only offered through Sideshow directly. Your shop gets them because you are in Mexico, right?

Thanks.

Yeah I guess that's the case, sideshow doesn't ship to Mexico so that's the only way we can get them here. My LCS had a promotion, april 30 is the "National Kids Day" so if I donated a toy they would give 15% off on anything in the store. I had been hesitant on buying Gammy because I´m going through college and I only have a part time job and as you say these is an expensive line, but I gave in thanks to the 15% off.

Even with the 15% off I ended paying around $475 bucks, so that isn't nowhere near a bargain but for Mexico it's a decent price :monkey2, even more when there are only 2 stores that sell SS statues (And I believe one is the distributor of the other lol).

I bought Maul directly from SS and had it delivered to a friend's house, then my girlfriend went on vacation and got it back, but the hassle of getting Maul back (Excess baggage, airport security opened the box and didn't treated it nicely etc.) made realize that the money I was "saving" wasn't worth the trouble and I say "saving" because I had to pay the excess luggage ($50) and then I had to invite my GF an expensive dinner as a "thank you" :slap.

Sorry if I dragged to much, I had to let all that frustration out :rotfl

That is a terrible situation. I'm sorry that it is so difficult for you to collect Sideshow. I have no reason to complain about my situation with SS after seeing what you go through.

Yeah it´s a drag, but I´m happy because in the end I can get these amazing statues :) . Awesome forum (community) by the way, everybody is always nice and helpful.

Still no feed back regarding my body replacement request :( hope they have a good news after all this delay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Still no feed back regarding my body replacement request :( hope they have a good news after all this delay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

did you call or email them? I only ask because calling almost always leads to a better and faster response.

I got a response, sent them an "Return" email only a few days ago. I'm missing the COA/Back Story Card. They want me to send Pics. WTF? Should I just take a pic of my wall or something. Or an empty box. Guess I'm going have to call them, again.

did you call or email them? I only ask because calling almost always leads to a better and faster response.

I sent them email more than two weeks & followed up by chat last week. I got an answer for Kenobi which also reported at the same day. seems they r taking their time with this one.

I sent my replacement form on 03/27, left 2 voicemails and was finally called back last week saying they would let me know "soon" tm

I have the same issue with the snarling head not fitting in perfectly, but its not really noticeable. Other than that, I have to say this is an outstanding piece:clap

8659902995_d54d35186e.jpg

I have the same issue with the snarling head not fitting in perfectly, but its not really noticeable. Other than that, I have to say this is an outstanding piece:clap

8659902995_d54d35186e.jpg

Congrats mate :) I am still waiting to hear back about a replacement for mine :(

Back