Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never in my life have I encountered an instance where I thought there was any real reason to use something other than PVC. Cheaper, paint apps for it tend to be more colorful, quality is much better because of how refined the sculpts can be, and the quality control seems to be more straight forward. All the other stuff is just heavier and...yeah that's it.

Jerry Macaluso from PCS explained this once. He believes that PVC is a superior material. It gives better details. The biggest advantage is that since all pieces come from the mold exactly like each other they can use copper paint masks on the figures instead of having a person paint every detail.

The reason they often have a plastic look is that instead of using paint for skintones or whatever the predominant color is they usually inject that color into the mold.

The downside according to him however was that for anything over 12 inches, the price for the molds quickly skyrocket making in infeasible for 1:4 scale pieces.

So it really does boil down to non Japanese companies being too cheap to bother then. I expected as much since 1/4 polystone stuff never impresses me in hand.

It also blows people's argument out of the water about PVC being a cheaper material :lol Assuming what you said is true at least.

I'll admit I'm just a little confused... :cuckoo:

If most new 1/8 scale PVCs are retailing between $100-175 and FREEing is able to pop these 1/4 scale PVCs out between $160 and $200 a pop, where are the infeasible skyrocketing costs? And how are non-Japanese companies being "cheap" by not using this infeasibly high cost PVC process when FREEing is obviously able to pay so little for it?

The downside according to him however was that for anything over 12 inches, the price for the molds quickly skyrocket making in infeasible for 1:4 scale pieces.

PVC IS a lot cheaper. A lot of things change and fast ;p Also in the past PVC statues tended to not last too long (they sag very quickly, also get this weird only film on them) but stuff has progressed and they could be a much better option in the near future.

From Gaming Heads Facebook page:

Capture.PNG

I receveid my statue today and i'm very happy with her. At first, i was a little scared but finally it's not that bad. I'm at work, so i will take photo later. But, she's good.

Where do you live?

I preordered mine at the Tomb Raider Store... And there I found the Information, that she will shipped at 30. september....

mine just got shipped today to my house from a store called secret compass, they have them inb stock in the states

Sorry, here the pictures
DSCF0201 (2).jpg DSCF0202 (2).jpg DSCF0203 (2).jpg DSCF0207.jpg DSCF0210.jpg DSCF0212.jpg DSCF0213.jpg

I'm not a pro of the photography, so sorry again.
But to me, once in front of you she's not that bad. I'm very happy :clap

Thanks for the pictures Spadey. She doesn’t look quite like the prototype but I like her. She'll look good next to my Lara Croft PF.

Still unsure if I should cancel my preorder... Seeing the result, the price does not seem entirely fair compared to what they falsely advertised.

dunno.gif

Back