Games you never get tired of

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battlefield 2 (the original, not BC)
Half-Life 2
Ghostbusters : The Video Game
Bioshock
Doom 3
Alien Swarm
Defcon

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

1. Grand Theft Auto IV

also a very underated game i love is Far Cry 2 .... you can make your own maps and play them online ( multiplayer download) awesome game

i need to pick us and old Playstation 2 so i can play all my old games , my 60g PS3 broke :monkey2 backwards compatability

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Assassin's Creed 2

See the pattern? :lol

Seriously though, I love stealth games...

What's the length of play required to know if you'll never tire of a game? Out of all the games listed here by various people, how many of you actually played more than a dozen or couple dozen hours of that game? I think a very large amount of time spent must be a requisite in calling a game one that you could never tire of. Putting a sum of hours into a game and then coming back to it a few years later doesn't count. By then you'll think it's a fresh experience.

Although I've been playing games since the days of the NES (or maybe even before then), I can't say that there are many games that I could keep playing.

I've probably played a combined 300+ hours of Phantasy Star Online (2000, Dreamcast) and I never tired of it. Still have it in my collection.

I'm also surprised no one here listed any MMORPG of any sort. That's the true test of love and persistence.

Rock Band
Madden football

I need to buy another Wii (sold mine). I miss buying the NES classics from the Wii store and playing them on there (Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros. , Metroid, etc.)

Ace Combat 5
Mass Effect 2
SW KotOR 1 & 2
Final Fantasy XII
Resident Evil 4 & 5
Mech Commander 1 & 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Fallout 3 & NV
Dragon Age : Origins

I tire of all games eventually. But a few single-player games I've spent over 200 hours on are:

Ninja Gaiden Black
Morrowind

And then there's online multi:

Diablo II + LOD
Starcraft + BW
DOTA (WCIIIFT)
COD4 (I think I've spent 35 days on this... 800+ hours....)

What's the length of play required to know if you'll never tire of a game? Out of all the games listed here by various people, how many of you actually played more than a dozen or couple dozen hours of that game? I think a very large amount of time spent must be a requisite in calling a game one that you could never tire of. Putting a sum of hours into a game and then coming back to it a few years later doesn't count. By then you'll think it's a fresh experience.

I don't think there should be a requisite for a number of playthroughs or hours spent playing. This is all subjective so one person could have their own definition for "never getting tired of a game."

For me anyways, I played through Onimusha a good 20 times. Then I bought Genma Onimusha for the Xbox and repeated it too many times to count. I still pop it in the PS3 from time to time and play through it.

Same with MGS 3. I haven't kept count of my exact number of playthroughs, but it's enough to say that I'm not tired of playing it. I try to do it every couple of months or so, and it's still as much fun as the first time. MGS 3 is one of those games I really want an HD remake for and I'm sure I'm not the only person that would buy it.

You had to suck all the fun out of this didn't you :pfft::lol

I don't think there should be a requisite for a number of playthroughs or hours spent playing. This is all subjective so one person could have their own definition for "never getting tired of a game."

For me anyways, I played through Onimusha a good 20 times. Then I bought Genma Onimusha for the Xbox and repeated it too many times to count. I still pop it in the PS3 from time to time and play through it.

Same with MGS 3. I haven't kept count of my exact number of playthroughs, but it's enough to say that I'm not tired of playing it. I try to do it every couple of months or so, and it's still as much fun as the first time. MGS 3 is one of those games I really want an HD remake for and I'm sure I'm not the only person that would buy it.

You are right. I just wanted to poke at people who listed games that aren't even a few years old.

Hey, you're still having fun.

No matter how much I play, I can never get tired of Earth Defense Force 2017 on the Xbox 360. It's a low-budget, guilty pleasure.

Gears of war.
Street fighter alpha 3 and third strike.
Mario cart.
power stone 2.
Sonic the hedgehog 1.
Doom.
Mortal kombat 1 and 2.
Advance wars.
Smash tv.

Attachments

• CapMoto2.jpg
    CapMoto2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
  • CapMoto5.jpg
    CapMoto5.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CapMoto4.jpg
    CapMoto4.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 10
Pretty much all my games have been listed....If I were to pick an ALL-TIME FAVORITE, it would be

Zelda: A Link To The Past.....awesome gameplay, bosses, levels, and MOST of all Music

Back