Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the eyes and eyebrows.

so why did they post this early??? Are they actually listening to us and didn't want to wait till tomorrow??? Whats this trickery of theirs???

Isn't it a bit unusual that they release the 360° before the item is up for order?

I don't dig her fully, but I welcome the character choice SSC has made. Even tough that didn't seam to hard... with only three main heroines in the entire LotR saga, we might see PF's of Arwen and Eowyn in a couple of years anyway...

the outfit is freaking amazing though... but it doesn't really look anything like her.

I still think it's a april fools joke!

Sculpt wise its a pretty darn close exact replica of Cate. Even painted it still looks very good. The clothing is just outstanding as this line should be as they have some of the best costumes ever. Having said all this despite SS doing a great job. I shall pass.

I guess part of it as well is Galadriel isn't a character I've ever wanted a figure of. Obviously important and a visually interesting one, but nothing that would get me chomping at the bit.

Whereas Lurtz, less important, has a badass factor that helps go a long way.

I just don't see Cate's likeness. I think the nose looks too large in every one of those photos.

The nose looks large in the dissolve because of the brightness of the light in the photo. The sculpt is aligned almost perfectly with the photo.

Wow--this is an amazing PF! I LOVE the base, and the costuming is superb in every regard. I just wish they would pull the hair out and let it fall over the robe and hood instead of it being stuck behind it; that would improve the look of the piece a hundred fold.

032608gala01.jpg

Thats how the hair needs to be, not held under the cloak like the statue. Tho my biggest worry is that there isn't all that much hair on the statue, sure you won't see a lot of it due to the cloak, but I still think a fair bit needs to be there (like a pretty full head of hair), to fill out the back of the cloak a bit and especially fill in the sides that you can see looking between her head and the hood.

But I maybe wrong, in which case great if it has enough hair to adjust and pose right.

Still not seeing it at all and i doubt that will change but we'll see. :)

I think because of SS achieving such a high standard on many of their products that when they fail to reach that level it brings greater disappointment and in turn harsher criticism.:D

Last edited:
I think it turned out rather nice, but it's just not a character I'm interested in having in PF. I think it's on par with Gandalf. Aragorn and Lurtz are still the best in the line.

I'm about 90% sold on the face -- full-on, it does look exactly like Cate, but it's the profile that's apparently the problem.

(I wish the new site would offer downloadable QTVRs like the old one did -- those were larger and more detailed anyway).

I'm not entirely sold on her outstretched arm. It's not truly graceful, as it should be.

But it's a very good representation of Galadriel from a pivotal point in the story for her, and the costuming and the base are amazing, so I'll get this one.

Any idea on a possible exclusive, or can I go to bed before 3 AM?

While I love the character of Galadriel, no more PF's for me until armored ones start being produced. Like a Prologue Elven Warrior, Eomer, Theoden or a Fountain Guard.

I'm about 90% sold on the face -- full-on, it does look exactly like Cate, but it's the profile that's apparently the problem.

(I wish the new site would offer downloadable QTVRs like the old one did -- those were larger and more detailed anyway).

I'm not entirely sold on her outstretched arm. It's not truly graceful, as it should be.

But it's a very good representation of Galadriel from a pivotal point in the story for her, and the costuming and the base are amazing, so I'll get this one.

Any idea on a possible exclusive, or can I go to bed before 3 AM?

Ha ha Seretur I am with you there, there's only 5 being made and they'll go up "sometime" overnight ha ha, Ok I won't start all that again. Lets hope if there is an exclusive that they will still be around tomorrow morning when I get up early for work!!! All you folk in the EU sleep well now..........:rotfl

While I love the character of Galadriel, no more PF's for me until armored ones start being produced. Like a Prologue Elven Warrior, Eomer, Theoden or a Fountain Guard.

While I love Galadriel and will be grabbing this one up, Bring on the rest of those, too while their at it!!!

Back