Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way ebay (and Paypal) work in this case:
1. statue arrived damaged
2. you should open a case with ebay and click on "not received as described"
3. ebay will open and case and send it to the Seller to respond. He can either (a) offer you partial refund if you want to keep the statue, (b) offer full refund after receiving statue, or (c) dispute your claim. Unless you open a case with ebay, you can't go through their process. Doesn't matter if the guy says he doesn't accept returns.
4. If you don't want to keep the damaged item at whatever discount he's willing to offer, you have to return it. Make sure that you buy tracking information and signature confirmation. As soon as it arrives, he is required to refund you the amount in full including original shipping. The Seller will have to collect from the shipping company himself. That has nothing to do with you. Also, he doesn't have to pay any Seller fees until the next monthly invoice. So he hasn't actually paid anything to date.

Thank you lamt, this is a great explanation. Now I'm more sure of myself to challenge him.

I started the return process with eBay, look what seller answer me...

Seller
The buyer is aware that I have started a claim with canadapost for shipping insurance. The buyer needs to be patient and assist them with all their questions. I will not refund any money until the claim process is finished, at which point I will happily accept a return and award him with the money that canadapost refunds to me.

Does he have the right to refund me only the money that Canada post refund to him?

I started the return process with eBay, look what seller answer me...

Seller
The buyer is aware that I have started a claim with canadapost for shipping insurance. The buyer needs to be patient and assist them with all their questions. I will not refund any money until the claim process is finished, at which point I will happily accept a return and award him with the money that canadapost refunds to me.

Does he have the right to refund me only the money that Canada post refund to him?

He might as anything other than what he insured the package for would come out of his own pocket, on top of eBay & Paypal fees.
Did you ask him what the insured amount was?

Back