Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Boromir my favorite SS LOTR 1/6 Maquette...nice details

Last edited:
Hi Adolfo. :wave

Congrats man :clap, did you try your Orc helms (from your GG Sam and Frodo busts) with them yet?

That sounded like a very nice idea to me - I would love to see how it looks. :)

How about some pics mate. :hi5:

Hellooooo...had no idea we were keeping track of edition numbers until recently :) Josh, I have my stuff in storage so I'll try to look up the numbers for my other LOTR stuff, but my Frodo and Sam EX is number 122/500.

Hellooooo...had no idea we were keeping track of edition numbers until recently :) Josh, I have my stuff in storage so I'll try to look up the numbers for my other LOTR stuff, but my Frodo and Sam EX is number 122/500.

Its all good. Post them when you can to one threads above. We have one for SS only stuff, SSW stuff, Weta only stuff, and Gentle Giant stuff. I'll add you to the list.

#169 in the house! :rock The sculpts and paint on this statue are just really superb. Its not the traditional look some wanted but its a damn good looking statue. :rock

#169 in the house! :rock The sculpts and paint on this statue are just really superb. Its not the traditional look some wanted but its a damn good looking statue. :rock

Congrats!! It is a great looking statue! I love the detail on the chainmail and I think they did a great job on the head sculpts. I just wish there was a way to turn it so that you can see both the faces together. Frodo's kinda hiding behind his arm :lol

Anyone else having a bit of trouble trying to fit Frodo's bare head in ?

I had to clean the hole on Sam's body a bit to make to close flush. There was a bit of residue in it that caused it to not sit the way I wanted.

Congrats!! It is a great looking statue! I love the detail on the chainmail and I think they did a great job on the head sculpts. I just wish there was a way to turn it so that you can see both the faces together. Frodo's kinda hiding behind his arm :lol

Thanks!! It is a great looking statue. The likenesses IMO are spot on to both actors. Funny enough I showed my mom the statue and she was really impressed with the chainmail. That is the one negative is displaying both equally is a difficult thing.

Great to see the first in-hand photos of this nice-looking statue! Thanks everyone for sharing their photos! :clap I will have mine Monday next week! Excited to receive it! :yess:

"I made a promise Mr. Frodo: 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee', and I don't mean to. I don't mean to."
"I couldn't have done it without you Sam"

dsc2496o.jpg

Frodo and Samwise EX 1:6 Statue 41/500 - Sideshow

Fianlly had time today to snap some pics. Great statue! The detail on the armor, fur and everything is astounding, the faces are very VERY well made. There's a very good flow to this statue, it really transports you to Mordor.
My personal preference is Frodo sans helm as I find his helmed head less nice and Sam with helm because I have a slight defect with his bare head (I do prefer the helmed head overall anyway so no biggie).
Overall a great addition to this great line!

dsc2495cu.jpg

dsc2497.jpg

dsc2498c.jpg

dsc2499i.jpg

dsc2500d.jpg

dsc2502qc.jpg

dsc2503pd.jpg

dsc2504.jpg

dsc2506e.jpg

What's the overall height of this statue? It looks small (I know they're hobbits). Can anyone take a pic of this statue together with one of the previous maquettes (Strider or Ringwraith or Witch King) for size comparison? Thanks!

Back