Premium Format Freddy Krueger - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the boiler room base for my exclusive Freddy PF signed by Heather Langenkamp and Robert Englund at the Sci-Fi convention in Malmø Sweden. Awesome! I grew up with this movie so it was kind of a surreal experience meeting them but also such a great experience! plus Heather and Robert are so great down to earth persons. A pleasure to talk to. Heather was very surprised that statues like this were even made. She had never signed anything like that before. Funny:)

Thanks Heather and Robert:wave
Do you realize you probably just doubled the value of your Freddy statue already? Damn! Hope they come to my city.

1, 2, Freddy's coming for you, 3, 4, lock your door, 5, 6, grab your crucifix, 7, 8, better stay up late, 9, 10, never sleep again...

v42rty.jpg

19um1l.jpg

141eo1.jpg

2h4jec9.jpg

1r2k90.jpg

2mjtc5.jpg

wtvddv.jpg

90cdpz.jpg

11m80wk.jpg

eqcewx.jpg

I mentioned a few pages back, that this was my first PF all my other stuff is Hot Toys which I store in 2 IKEA Detolfs. Just wondering what would be the best way to display a single PF like the Freddy one here would be? Are their any single plastic or acrylic clear cases for these? I don't want to display this in one of my Detolfs, because I would have to remove a shelf. If so would very much appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction, and if anyone has their Freddy PF displayed in one please post pics! Thanks and happy collecting everyone!

Last edited:
Do you realize you probably just doubled the value of your Freddy statue already? Damn! Hope they come to my city.

Yeah I did think about that. In ten years maybe, when it's completely sold out, I might consider selling it if the price is right of course. But for now this is definitely one of my grail pieces:yess: Hope they come to your city. They are very nice people.

I'm taking a break from SS and collecting. Ordered a Freddy Reg and when he arrived his foot wouldn't go into the base all the way (he just floats) and there was a glob of glue which at first I thought was a scratch on the top of his fedora. Not happy right now. Bought him from a Canadian ebay store and the seller is being awesome about it. Aside from that, the piece was absolutely beautiful but I had to send him back for a refund. I didn't want to force Freddy down into his base for fear I would crack it. Also, those hand pegs are brutal. I could see them splitting at some point....? Maybe I'm being dramatic 'cause of the let down but I feel like throwing in the towel on collecting, selling everything, and just keeping my Bride and Franky on duo base 'cause they're my favorite PFs I own. Maybe I will calm down but I feel like this happens too often, at least, to me. :( anyway, congrats to all of you that got a great Freddy, he's pretty sick looking. Having a rough day lol I guess. There are far bigger problems in the world but these PFs cost a small fortune and QC should be consistent.

I'm taking a break from SS and collecting. Ordered a Freddy Reg and when he arrived his foot wouldn't go into the base all the way (he just floats) and there was a glob of glue which at first I thought was a scratch on the top of his fedora. Not happy right now. Bought him from a Canadian ebay store and the seller is being awesome about it. Aside from that, the piece was absolutely beautiful but I had to send him back for a refund. I didn't want to force Freddy down into his base for fear I would crack it. Also, those hand pegs are brutal. I could see them splitting at some point....? Maybe I'm being dramatic 'cause of the let down but I feel like throwing in the towel on collecting, selling everything, and just keeping my Bride and Franky on duo base 'cause they're my favorite PFs I own. Maybe I will calm down but I feel like this happens too often, at least, to me. :( anyway, congrats to all of you that got a great Freddy, he's pretty sick looking. Having a rough day lol I guess. There are far bigger problems in the world but these PFs cost a small fortune and QC should be consistent.

Dude that sucks, sorry to hear it. I know the feeling. I've gotten quite a few lemons, not so much as far as statues, but electronics and other things. Bad luck I guess. Are you getting a replacement then? Or just a refund?

Yeah, those peg arms suck. Dont like that at all. Though it was my only complaint really and of course everybody got them. I've noticed a decrease in QC too. I really only collect from movies I absolutely loved as it seems to help in keeping the disappointment level down on account of buying less. 2012 was a busy year however, so I'm looking forward to a break myself right after the droids and Chewie.

Yeah, those peg arms suck. Dont like that at all. Though it was my only complaint really and of course everybody got them. I've noticed a decrease in QC too. I really only collect from movies I absolutely loved as it seems to help in keeping the disappointment level down on account of buying less. 2012 was a busy year however, so I'm looking forward to a break myself right after the droids and Chewie.

I hear ya man although my issue was with a different collectible the Hot Toys DX12 Batman. He was pricey for a 1/6 scale fig. and took me quite a long time to get him looking exactly the way I wanted (The Cape was a major pain in the ***). When I was done futzing him to perfection he ended up being an EPIC figure, but I asked myself is this even worth all the time and $ we put into our collecting? So I took around a 2 1/2 month break, and decided to Jump back in with oddly enough this Freddy PF, it will be my 1st PF and will be here via SS on Monday, hope I don't have the issues you have. Sometimesthough we all need a break whether for financial reasons or otherwise, I hope after you have yours you are able to come back to and enjoy a hobby you clearly love. In the meantime enjoy your hiatus brother, and comeback to the board as much as you can!-Brad

Thanks for the support Patriot, V8, and Devil. Yeah I'm just bummed about the situation and not sure what to do. Tonight I feel like taking a break from collecting, who knows. The Freddy PF is amazing sculpt-wise but I just feel like SS is losing it when it comes to QC. Maybe it's just my bad luck with them sometimes. If I were to buy direct to replace him, I would get hit with import fees, shipping, etc. Already had to return him once to the ebay dealer and who knows if my second Freddy would arrive from SS without a problem. I just don't feel like spending almost $500 on a PF that may have problems now or in the future (especially with the hand pegs holding up...?) Thanks for the support and it's cool to know you guys understand what it feels like when this happens. Sucks!!!! V8, awesome Freddy PF Youtube review BTW.

Last edited:
Thanks man. You're in Canada too?

Downtown Toronto. So I'm tempted to order this again from SS but still thinking on it. Not too thrilled about what happened but oh well. He looked pretty awesome other than the flaws and Freddy was my favorite movie killer growing up. We shall see I guess. :panic: :rotfl

Cool. I lived in Toronto for a time. Does Silver Snail carry Sideshow products or are they too jacked up in price I guess. It's good if you can inspect something before you buy it but of course that's not always an option with these things. Anyway good luck in the future. I'm sure you'll get a perfect Freddy eventually.

Just opened up my Freddy PF from Sideshow and one of the Claws was broken in the box before I ever touched it. I called Sideshow left a voicemail (because it is after hours and they are closed) and sent them an email with pics. I love this figure, and absolutely want a replacement. Is SideShow pretty good when it comes to these types of things? Just wondering whats the turn around time on getting a replacement Because I have never had to return something to them.

Back