Force FX Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go: Bobodohn Tutorial

Its about 1/3 of the way down the page. Now I will warn you, you need to apply a lot of pressure when you stick these to the wall and let them cure for 24hrs. My Luke (knocks on wood) has never moved, but the Darth has fallen... never damaged, but I have textured walls which means the mounts don't work as well.

But its a great looking and very cost effective idea, vs spending $35 for vertical hangers.

Here ya go: Bobodohn Tutorial

Its about 1/3 of the way down the page. Now I will warn you, you need to apply a lot of pressure when you stick these to the wall and let them cure for 24hrs. My Luke (knocks on wood) has never moved, but the Darth has fallen... never damaged, but I have textured walls which means the mounts don't work as well.

But its a great looking and very cost effective idea, vs spending $35 for vertical hangers.

Thanks for the link! I just bought my first one from Adam and need to have it displayed vertically.
:D

EDIT: Ok, now that is just ****ing AWESOME.

fin_shelves.JPG

Thanks for the link! I just bought my first one from Adam and need to have it displayed vertically.
:D

EDIT: Ok, now that is just ****ing AWESOME.

fin_shelves.JPG

That's what my display cabinet will look like in the next few months, except way more sabers. The overhead lighting is the only way to go.

Yeah, that is a sick looking collection :rock

I did have a bit of trouble finding the right sized metal rings... I could never find a key ring in the right diameter, but eventually settled on a openning metal ring you use for paper.

There is a seller on ebay that sells horizontal hanger just for these sabers. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you the sellers name. I bought 5 from him and need to get 2 more. ( Luke needed batteries LOL )

DSC00298.jpg

Last edited:
I wondered if MR was still going to do that build your own FX saber since they were losing the Star Wars license. I can't wait to get one of those!

I dont see the big appeal of the make your own saber set. It's just dumbed down copies off of the various OT sabers that you can mix and match. How about some more original looking parts instead? :monkey4:monkey4

Our local area TRU just started carrying the FX sabers....

They also had a nice "try me" display with a saber in a clear plastic display.

The only ones that they had were Darth Vader and Yoda....and the Yoda ones were gone when I stopped back by the next day.

They're a little steep at $118, but if you've been looking to get one or add to your collection, give your local TRU a try...

True, original pieces would be much better than the mix and match ones, but I have to take what I can get. A couple summers ago I bought a bunch of the cheap plastic hasbro sabers (the ones that don't light up or make noise) and took them apart and put it together differently and painted it different. I'm rather proud of the outcome. :lol

Our local area TRU just started carrying the FX sabers....

They also had a nice "try me" display with a saber in a clear plastic display.

The only ones that they had were Darth Vader and Yoda....and the Yoda ones were gone when I stopped back by the next day.

They're a little steep at $118, but if you've been looking to get one or add to your collection, give your local TRU a try...

I've been keeping an eye open for them around St. Louis, but I don't get out to toy shops much. :( I guess I'll have to start making special trips.

Back