Forbidden Planet London- Any good?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt83

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm off to London in a few weeks for the weekend and thought I'd drop in to Forbidden Planet, and I was just wondering if it's worth it? Do they have much in stock in terms of figures? Also are there any more places worth going?

Forbidden Planet London is a great store, probably the best comic book/movie/sci-fi/pop culture store in London. The entire ground floor is full of merchandise, t-shirts, toys, statues, collectibles etc. from movies, video games, TV shows, comic books, anime, and more. The entire basement is then full of comic books, graphic novels, magazines, 'making of' and 'art of' books, novels, fantasy novels, and a whole lot more.

Gasdoc is right in saying that it is overpriced. It is extremely expensive in there. But in terms of physical stock and stock variety, there is no better place. I always go there to check out products, and then normally order online. Graphic Novels alone can be 20-30% cheaper on Amazon.

You should also check out The Cinema Store on Upper St Martin's Lane and Orbital Comics on Great Newport Street.

It used to be the only place in London you can get hold of anything Japanese, they are priced in pounds, and they do have that 17% VAT on top of it, so yes price will be very high compared to Online shops, but taking into account the high rental cost & high labor cost to keep the shop running i'm guessing it's still acceptable for most folks over there that has no internet connection or those that prefer to get their stuffs ASAP or impulse buyers or those that simply prefer shopping in physical shops.

But they do have great deals when clearing old stocks, i got my Giant Robot there before. That was before all the online shop boom & ebay started booming.

I wonder if there's any Chinese from Hong Kong or China setting up shops in Chinatown selling collectibles nowadays?

I actually agree with Dark Knight. It is full of great stuff but I would actually just window shop there generally and then buy online. As potato says it was possible to find statues in clearance in the good old days of say a decade ago lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back