FMLes Fully repainted HT AVP-R WOLF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thou shall not be jealous of anothers possessions

But Les makes it sooooo hard. can't... stop... looking..
Wolfie017.jpg

Unreal. What else is there to say really? I'm starting to want my P2 Elder back. Guess I'll buy another one... :monkey1

You mean you had the elder predator and you sell it?!?!?!?

:horse

:lol

Why did you sell poor Elder...:confused:

Because it was 100% trash. At least mine was. Almost none of the pieces fit right. The leather chest strap snapped because it was manufactured almost a half inch too small, (can't blow dry that) as was all the other pieces. I've built three of these guys so far. (AVP Asian Ancient, P2 Elder, and Wolf) The P2 Elder although yes very nice headsculpt, was the biggest piece of sh__ I have yet to lay my hands on. I'll assume I got a "dud" last time, and hope for the best with the next one. My girlfriend just bought me a P2 Pred for my birthday and it came in today! :monkey5 Looking forward to building him tomorrow!!

Because it was 100% trash. At least mine was. Almost none of the pieces fit right. The leather chest strap snapped because it was manufactured almost a half inch too small, (can't blow dry that) as was all the other pieces. I've built three of these guys so far. (AVP Asian Ancient, P2 Elder, and Wolf) The P2 Elder although yes very nice headsculpt, was the biggest piece of sh__ I have yet to lay my hands on. I'll assume I got a "dud" last time, and hope for the best with the next one. My girlfriend just bought me a P2 Pred for my birthday and it came in today! :monkey5 Looking forward to building him tomorrow!!

Wow that sucks!!!

At least you are getting P2 Pred :chew post some pics later if you can :D

That would be interesting! I'd only be able to paint a very few though. :D

Here ya go!

Wolfie017.jpg

Wolfie021.jpg

Wolfie018.jpg

Note, very silvered up Wolf mask. Looks just right in dark, shaded lighting, like in the AVP-R movie.

Cheers Les, looks even better than I thought it would, those mask mods to the paint really bring it alive.
Amazing as always!

rockin!!! :joy:joy:joy
glad you've managed to fix the shoulder cannons! i always like how this simple mod really enhances the look of the figure...
What kind of glue did you use for the cannon modification?:confused: If I modify my cannons, I want to make sure they don't fall off with the slightest touch.:eek: It's all good cause I have a second Wolf coming from SS.:D Hopefully:eek:

Woahh!!! Beautifull paintjob! This is how HT Wolf should looks like. This is 10000 times better then HT version!!!! (Anyway the HT Prototype looks so much better and much more detailed than the final relased Wolf) The standart HT Wolf looks like an action figure with bad paintjob.( I love HT anyway i have the P2 HT PRedator, but Wolf is...well...:monkey2)

The standart HT Wolf looks like an action figure with bad paintjob.( I love HT anyway i have the P2 HT PRedator, but Wolf is...well...:monkey2)

I will pretend I didn't read that, HT wolf is no where near NECA's bad quality.
Action figure? well The Wolf is seeing alot of action, people are going nuts waiting to get their HT Wolf.

Just to set the record straight and give Les some more props. I Love Your Work Bro :chew

Thanks everyone!
And thanks Dark Blade Clan. Means a ton from you hardcore Pred fans. I am becoming one, if you hadn't noticed! :lol

And Wookster, glad you liked the pics. I think I'll do more in sunlight when I can. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for how I did my gun redo, here is my formula, based on what LoneWolf started...

I cut the joint right at the points where they attach to the pivot point.
I then drilled into both halves of the cut, making a 1/8 " hole in each part. I then prepared a tight fitting piece of 1/4" brass rod, that one half fit in one part, and the other in the other. Then repainted the guns in proper colors, then reglued them using superglue gel (Bondini is the best!) onto my cut/rod connect.
I did think about substituting a small ball joint there, but didn't have one that would work. That would really make it something, but I thought it would be ok for me, as it is, so I went with it.
I suggest the more adventurous out there, try to sub a ball joint at that post.

Anyway, superglue gel and a small length of brass rod is all you need to make it strong enough to hold well after the cuts.

JUST AMAZING !!

man when I get mine can you paint it for me :lol :lol
I got my notice today. Be here is 20 days.

I was actually thinking of canceling but after i saw your pics
He has potential after all.

he looks so life like man !!

congratz

Thanks guys! :monkey2

And yeah, after my break, I'll repaint any that want it done. Email me in April about it. Just if you are getting it repainted, don't glue anything on it! :lol I can fix him up proper if I do paint him up. I can build him too, so let me know.

I love this figure. Not nuts about the legs, but he's ok. Now, on to the inevitable P1! :rock

Thanks guys! :monkey2

And yeah, after my break, I'll repaint any that want it done. Email me in April about it. Just if you are getting it repainted, don't glue anything on it! :lol I can fix him up proper if I do paint him up. I can build him too, so let me know.

I love this figure. Not nuts about the legs, but he's ok. Now, on to the inevitable P1! :rock

You know mine's ready for your brushes Les! :rock:rock

Wolfie017.jpg

Mabey it's just my sharp eye for detail or everyone else just over looked it with the stunning, all-around quality of a FML repaint.
Somewhere in between his repaints Les added a Tri-Laser sight to the P2 Elder's plasma canon.
Outstanding movie accuracy Les, now what poor predator is without a laser sight? :p

Back