FMLes Fully repainted HT AVP-R WOLF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rockin!!! :joy:joy:joy
glad you've managed to fix the shoulder cannons! i always like how this simple mod really enhances the look of the figure...

Arghhhh!! Now my mask is too dark!!
Your mask is perfect.
And you painted the shoulder cannons too.....mine are now stupid plastic cannons. :monkey2
Mine was so cool just minutes ago....:monkey4

Oh yeah great job :D

Top job Les, been waiting eagerly to see what mods you'd make, and as usual you don't disapoint.
I'd love to see some pics in brighter natural daylight.

What you did with the mask is much more evident on your video. Really looks so much nicer with a metallic paint scheme. Hot Toys chose to paint it almost black for some reason :monkey2
Sadly I'm not much of a customizer so a black mask will have to do.

p.s. Cool how you have the targeting lasers painted on as well.

Last edited:
Top job Les, been waiting eagerly to see what mods you'd make, and as usual you don't disapoint.

Good idea! I have had a couple of comments saying he looks green. Nope, he's just the same as most other Preds. That light creamy color with browns and blacks. The left side of his face, that Two-Face effect side, is greenish, so that puts all that in there. There is yellow in his skin, and when it's photographed dark, it mixes with black to look greenish.
And thanks all about the mask. I promise it is bright silver with some dirtiness to it, in the movie, but the way it's lit, in shadow and all, in the movie, you'd never know. Hence my paint scheme for mine. I think Hot Toys simply painted it to look as it does in the movie, to the eye, rather than how it was.

No biggie, as long as it looks cool. I am perturbed as to why HT skimped on the guns though. Both placement and arrangement, and colors. Why just dirtied grey plastic? Not even metallized. Weird. Anyway, thanks all.

And again, thanks LoneWolf. Your solution IS the solution for the guns. :joy

I feel that the quality of Hot Toys paint ups is starting to decrease, or mabey I'm just getting the bad ones painted on friday afternoon.

With your outstanding repaints Les, Hot Toys should have you on their pay roll, Exclusive edition predators- painted by the figure master himself.

Feel like moving to china? :rotfl

That would be interesting! I'd only be able to paint a very few though. :D

Here ya go!

Outside shots! Vid to come!

Wolfie017.jpg

Wolfie021.jpg

Wolfie018.jpg

Couldn't pass up the op to shoot my P2 Elder with him. THOSE are the colors! At least I now know how to get the right colors with the lighting now. Note that the Wolf is not too green as other photos make him look. His shade is about Predator standard. The Elder is actually darker. I painted him to look a bit faded out. Older. I hope.

Note, very silvered up Wolf mask. Looks just right in dark, shaded lighting, like in the AVP-R movie.

New daylight vid. SHAKEY! What is it with me and vids? Either too dark, too shakey, too blurry...probably due to me alone, holding the camera and trying to do it all. Camera is too small....

At least you can see these two Preds, the Wolf and P2 Elder in true color now. And a bit better focused. I hope...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/O6XXus1x44I"> </param> <embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/O6XXus1x44I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

New daylight vid. SHAKEY! What is it with me and vids? Either too dark, too shakey, too blurry...probably due to me alone, holding the camera and trying to do it all. Camera is too small....

Maybe putting the cam on a stand? if youre going to film from a certain hight?

The Wolf is nice, but that Elder is OUTSTANDING!!! Honestly, seriously looks like a guy in a suit!! Wow!!! Wow... wow... :drool

Those are the best pix I've seen from you Les. Great work!
Nice Vid too. Thanks. :cool:

I hope to see lots more like them.
As for the shaking...that's why I don't make Vids. (Same issue) :eek:

I hope you know..... now we'll crave more daylight shots of your work & collection. :lol
Oh, I don't know, of your ALIENS series perhaps? :D

awesome work les! i like every of your repaints, so cool

i have a question for you, i have only tamiya acrylics , i have over 100 of them, are they good for such repaints?
are goods as testor acrylics?

Back