Flu Shots!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creature4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Who here has gotten their 2008/2009 Flu Shots???

Do you bet your life on them.. or don't believe in them????

:sick

I'm on the fence, every time I get a Flu Shot, I get the Flu. Every Time I don't the shot....I get the Flu! In other words, I have an annual date with the Flu regardless!

I'm the opposite.. if I get a shot I don't get the flu and if I don't get the shot I don't get the flu. So I guess it doesn't matter for me.

I got a flu shot once, and I got VERY sick that year, missed several days of work. Will probably never do it again.

I'm on the fence, every time I get a Flu Shot, I get the Flu. Every Time I don't the shot....I get the Flu! In other words, I have an annual date with the Flu regardless!

:lol Sorry to laugh but thats funny.. but true.

I get a bit of the flu almost every year.. shot or not. But can't help to think if it would be worse without the shot.

It is normal to get sick after you get the flu shot. You are practically being injected with the flu so that your body will produce antibodies if you have never been exposed to that specific flu virus.

Yup. It is normal to get sick after you get the flu shot. You are practically being injected with the flu so that your body will produce antibodies if you have never been exposed to that specific flu virus.

Not to mention the fact that it may not even be the correct strain. You could technically get infected with a new strain and still not be protected by the shot.

got one last week.
Was told theyre using dead spores now, so the likelihood of getting the flu from the shot is much less .... but I dont know. First flu shot Ive ever gotten. So we'll see ...

I don't believe in them. They may serve their purpose with the very young and very old, but I think the majority of healthy people should just let their own immune systems try to fight sickness off. I feel the same way about all these anti-bacterial soaps. People are so worried about killing every little bug out there that their immune sytems get weak, and then when they do come across a germ or sickness it hits them that much harder. I have never had a flu shot and have only had the flu once in 40 years.

I don't believe in them. They may serve their purpose with the very young and very old, but I think the majority of healthy people should just let their own immune systems try to fight sickness off. I feel the same way about all these anti-bacterial soaps. People are so worried about killing every little bug out there that their immune sytems get weak, and then when they do come across a germ or sickness it hits them that much harder.

:lecture

This is also why I eat food off the floor, seldom ever shower and never wash my hands. I am simply building my immune system.

Back