First Look At DST Buffyverse Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we'll just have to see. I know that Monsters are the 'main fare' for many general toy collectors so maybe they'll produce a few new monster types.

This is the difference you see between the hard core fans of Buffy and Angel shows who are only fans of certain characters/actors/actress's and who want to collect everything to do with their favorite one, compared to those who are in it just for the creatures. Me, I'm not so much into the creature side of things anymore.

One thing I do know is that from where I'm sitting that if companies such as DST keep producing good likenesses of certain characters such as Spike and Angel I'll keep buying them.

Trouble is judging by that ridiculusly out of scale flame coming from his Zippo god only knows what the rest of it is going to look like!!

sueworld said:
Well we'll just have to see. I know that Monsters are the 'main fare' for many general toy collectors so maybe they'll produce a few new monster types.

This is the difference you see between the hard core fans of Buffy and Angel shows who are only fans of certain characters/actors/actress's and who want to collect everything to do with their favorite one, compared to those who are in it just for the creatures. Me, I'm not so much into the creature side of things anymore.

One thing I do know is that from where I'm sitting that if companies such as DST keep producing good likenesses of certain characters such as Spike and Angel I'll keep buying them.

Trouble is judging by that ridiculusly out of scale flame coming from his Zippo god only knows what the rest of it is going to look like!!

Yeah that flame scale from the lighter makes me cringe too.

Judge, Moloch, Sweet, Adam, Glory (yes she is having a few figures made), the Gentlemen (yet both Sideshow and DST made figures of them, and statues, AND BUSTS! Odd!), and the Mayor.

and SKIP!!!!

Oh quit it with the Skip stuff! C'mon tell me you wouldn't be into buying that stuff!

You're no fun! I am going home! Gah, I am home! Well I am going to bed. I am moody. *stomps off*

I consider myself a pretty hardcore BtVS fan: I watch it in syndication, daily, while I'm on the treadmill; All seven seasons are in constant rotation on my DVD player and I watch two or three episodes every day while I work; I have all of the Sideshow figures, the PALz mini-figures, and a smattering of DST's busts, Willow statues and figures, along with some other miscellaneous Buffyabilia from other manufacturers. And, I'm really looking forward to Electric Tiki's "Tooned-up" treatments.

If I have a favorite character, it's Willow but, to me, what made the show so great and why it still resonates with me after so many years of repeated viewings is the incredible ensemble of slayers, vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and other assorted gods and monsters.

The creatures are literally Buffy's raison d'être and again, to me, any collection of Buffy figures that does not contain a healthy dose of Big and Little Bads, simply lacks context and is not at all representative of the Buffyverse at large.

I've stated this before, but it bears repeating: I'd love to see Sideshow produce some "Buffy Vs," statues. :stake Mmmm. So many possibilities, so much of my disposable income to donate to the cause.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

Bah! You don't know me! I AM NOT MOODY! I AMNOT MOODY I TELL YOU!!!!

I AM NOT MOODY! *pouts*

Nah, I am all good. See, even FrankenFan sees my way, but that's because he has a great vision. Great minds think alike.

Back