Finally Got Married!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planning My Wedding

Is this a same sex marriage? If so i won't give any advice as i don't believe in that sort of thing. (not a religious dealio either. If it is don't get all ________,) If not i can let me know.

Yes, same sex marriage.

I appreciate it Shropt. I didn't see what was said, so maybe I should be thankful!

And also, you're right. Having a good dj is important. Since we are hiring a band, we are going to choose a band that we know personally as we really want to be sure it goes smoothly. There is so much to plan I feel like my head is going to explode.

I appreciate it Shropt. I didn't see what was said, so maybe I should be thankful!

And also, you're right. Having a good dj is important. Since we are hiring a band, we are going to choose a band that we know personally as we really want to be sure it goes smoothly. There is so much to plan I feel like my head is going to explode.

I always wanted to go to a wedding that had a live band, that will be awesome.

Hello all. I'm back! You probably thought I gave up on this whole wedding thing!! Well, we haven't and we're actually starting to plan this a little more seriously.

We've decided on NY for a legal wedding as that is very important to us. We want it to count on paper.

We have a lot of freaks that live in NY and surrounding areas that we would love to have join us on such a special day.

We are of course going to keep it casual, and cheap. We believe that our money is best spent on our future home and the cost of them rugrats we plan to have. ;)

We do however want to keep it slightly chic, and allow ourselves the chance to dance to our favorite songs, dance with our fathers and allow everyone else to boogie down, as well.

I have been searching all day for great locations and I may have found 1 that is at the top so far.

Here's where I could use fellow NY'ers help.

Photographers, hair and makeup. If anyone knows anything that could be helpful then that would be amazing!!!

That's our start and let's hope we can get to the finish before long. May is the planned month. We'll be setting an actual date this week.

WOW.

Re: Finally Getting Married

Hello everyone. Just an update, we set a date!!!!!!!

March 22nd is FINALLY the day. We've been together almost 6 years and we will have been engaged almost 3.

We took some of your advice. We decided to go very, very, very small. Buying the house and putting in the upgrades has been more important than putting money into a one day event.

Anyways, just wanted to share that since I started this thread a while ago.

Re: Finally Getting Married

Hello everyone. Just an update, we set a date!!!!!!!

March 22nd is FINALLY the day. We've been together almost 6 years and we will have been engaged almost 3.

We took some of your advice. We decided to go very, very, very small. Buying the house and putting in the upgrades has been more important than putting money into a one day event.

Anyways, just wanted to share that since I started this thread a while ago.

Congratulations in your upcoming wedding! My wife and I were married on March 20th. We had a beautiful wedding but definitely cut out a lot of unnecessary costs so we could have a nice honeymoon and save for a house. Our wedding cost around $10k for everything but looked like we spent a lot more.

The only downside I've found to getting married around that time of year (and by no means is this a reason to not get married then) is that our anniversary falls on Spring Break. We didn't think anything of it when we were planning the wedding, but we've learned that it's difficult for us to take a trip on our actual anniversary day to celebrate because we have to deal with higher travel costs (even a week before or after is still expensive). This year we splurged and are going to New York the week of our anniversary to see friends. I can't wait to go but it is a little irritating to see the higher airfare. This is the first year we will actually celebrate our anniversary in another city ON our anniversary.

Back