Finally built a detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuGz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

I managed to build up a detolf from ikea. Took some quick pictures. I'll sort out some better ones tomorrow.

Let me know what you think.

Bri

Nice one! I actually have the same cabinet for my figures.
Installed LED light strips yesterday. Have a look.....
photo-12.jpg

I saw those led strips. Are they easy to install? I bought a light that will mount in the hole at the top. Will be working on that this morning. :D

Bri

I had a single downlight at the top but didn't like how each shelf below would lose light being blocked from the figures above. I got these and am much happier. Very easy to install. Just used double sided tape and secured the cables to the frame inside. Going to try to hide them from the outside with some PVC angle. If it works I'll post photos. I'm not too unhappy with them the way they are now tho.

Thanks Optimus!!

Sounds like a good idea tenpacstan! I'll fart about with the lighting today and see how it goes. The led strips do look great though! !

Bri

Thanks mate! ! I missed out on catwoman! But the 3 guys look bad *** in there haha!!

Bri

That looks fantastic mate. Quite like this set up!! Shows off all the figures!

Bri

I've been trying to get more detolfs but they have been sold out for a while at the 2 ikeas in my area, might look at something different that ikea carries or just wait, nice set up anyways

I waited over a month to get mine. By the time I got there there was only a few left.
Just wish they could deliver.
And thanks. I'm still fiddling with the poses lol

Bri

I saw those led strips. Are they easy to install? I bought a light that will mount in the hole at the top. Will be working on that this morning. :D

Bri

Looks great man! Check out barlighting.com for the LED strips too

Thanks dude. Nice one. Will check them out!

Fitted the light. Not 100% happy with it. Lighting strips will be purchased me thinks lol

Cheers

Bri

Thanks guys! I've ordered up new lights from ikea so should have them next week and will update the thread. :D

Bri

Back