Final Fantasy XIV Online.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya i'm also getting the collectors edition. I'm also having to buy a brand new computer just to run it. :rotfl

What sets this apart from other MMO's?

I've got a friend that's excited for it, but I'm not sure if I should even be interested.

Nothing really, its just another Final Fantasy but its online like 11 was which I played for years. 11 was fun but very hard and challenging. WoW is very easy compared to FF11 and I'm sure 14 will be as well. Best thing 14 has going for it is the job classes are gone and you now get to pick and choose all your abilities with the new class system. Its a hybrid of what 11 was.

You will either really like it or really hate it. There is no inbetween for these games.

Nothing really, its just another Final Fantasy but its online like 11 was which I played for years. 11 was fun but very hard and challenging. WoW is very easy compared to FF11 and I'm sure 14 will be as well. Best thing 14 has going for it is the job classes are gone and you now get to pick and choose all your abilities with the new class system. Its a hybrid of what 11 was.

You will either really like it or really hate it. There is no inbetween for these games.

you said it man.
ff online games are fun but really challenging. you need to work as a team. WOW is too dam easy. the moster models on 11 where amazing for it's time. can you Imagine what they are going to look now.
better get your comps upgraded.
I am ready for it.
Fileplanet has the benchmark for the game.
I got a good score.

you said it man.
ff online games are fun but really challenging. you need to work as a team. WOW is too dam easy. the moster models on 11 where amazing for it's time. can you Imagine what they are going to look now.
better get your comps upgraded.
I am ready for it.
Fileplanet has the benchmark for the game.
I got a good score.

lol I thought you didn't have time for online games anymore?

And for me, that's why WOW is my game. Because it's just so accessible and flows easy now, lots of ways to play. So when I'm busy, I can just jump in a 10 man, or go more hardcore with 25 man hard modes. It's got something for everyone and every schedule. It's NOT easy. Only if you want it to be easy. If you want to be hardcore and leet, there is alot more challenge that has to be done to earn that status.

I'm sure FF will be nice for the FF fans. I used to be a fan, but just not into that world or gameplay anymore, or at least at the moment.

I'll jump back into Cataclysm when the days get shorter, and the weather gets colder. Perfect timing.

On a side note, some people were wondering if they are rushing it out too quick, just to beat Cata to get some early sales.

Beta came to and end. I had preorder the game but not sure if I can play because of where I live ......

609962c6.jpg

b183cd49.jpg

cc6c0035.jpg

4ecda137.jpg

51885223.jpg

47959bf0.jpg

0461370f.jpg

046c345a.jpg

Man what is your computer specs like? Those graphics look nice. I was thinking about getting a Nvidia gtx 460 but not sure if that will make the graphics look that good. Interested to see what you are running this on.

The game is looking great, but I haven't the time or energy to start an MMO at the moment. It's a shame, because I'd be all over the limited edition.

Man what is your computer specs like? Those graphics look nice. I was thinking about getting a Nvidia gtx 460 but not sure if that will make the graphics look that good. Interested to see what you are running this on.

i5 760 3.15GHz / 460 1G RAM default setting / 4G DDR3 RAM / win7 32 bit / full HD full screen / everything on the highest with 4x AA, high shadow, OC and FD off. 60 ~ 100+ FPS, running really smooth. What funny is my FF XIV brenchmark were only 24xx ~29xx :lecture

I am surprised to see no new posts in this thread since the game has been out lol Really no is discussing the game or their experience? Or are they embarrassed they spent money on this game now? lol
That Gamespot review was, well....ouch!
But they should have known better. Come on, you are really going to try to put out a new mmo on the eve of Cataclysm's release?
Please... :rolleyes:

Back