Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what you want. He's in Dissidia on the ps4. It's a starting point at least.

Ugh please no. PS4 Dissidia had the worst looking faces. I don’t see SE doing a remake or follow up to FF8, so the sculptor will have to take some artistic liberties with squall’s CG cinematic face.

Honestly it doesn’t seem too difficult IMO.

IMG_1543.jpeg

IMG_1544.jpeg

Did anybody ever make shinra soldiers in 1/6th, I've been gone for a long time

some kind of fibre material that resemble the looks of leather /pleather. so it wont tear like pleather nor the thickness of real leather that causes the cloths look bloated.
Walter, can you confirm if FFVIIR Sephiroth ended up using this material or if he has pleather? It says genuine in the description. I remember some guy here sold his Sephiroth out of fear of pleather.

Last edited:
Ugh please no. PS4 Dissidia had the worst looking faces. I don’t see SE doing a remake or follow up to FF8, so the sculptor will have to take some artistic liberties with squall’s CG cinematic face.

Honestly it doesn’t seem too difficult IMO.

View attachment 684204
View attachment 684205

Whilst not perfect, I do have this guy coming in the next few days (just a sculpt I found browsing eBay so apologies to the original sculptor - it was not mentioned). Will need some good paint apps to make convincing but seems it's the closest we'll have for a while 🥴🪦

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.57.41.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.57.41.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.59.49.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.59.49.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.59.41.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.59.41.png
  • Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.59.34.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.59.34.png
I'm so happy to see so much love for Squall. Him & Tidus would be grails in 1/6. I wonder if GT boss even played FFVIII or FFX, though... Maybe he doesn't have a connection to the characters.
Yeah it makes me sad, because FF8 was actually my first Final Fantasy. I get FF7 is the better game and has more popular characters, but I wish there was abit more variety and love for the other series 😭

I'd love to see a figure of Squall with his Kingdom Hearts (Leon) look. My all time favorite look for the character, with the longer hair and no fur in his jacket.
latest

I'm also interested in original outfit for Lightning. I love that game.
I actually preordered that Swtoys Lightning that dropped a couple weeks ago, but honestly think Gametoys would do it better. Hopefully some residual holds on the Swtoys one in case I want to sell it and swap. :) Not sure what kind of value usually holds for these things.

Happy to know Lightning is in the works and hope its the Guardian Corp outfit it looks way more iconic in my opinion and looking forward to when its teased :) hope Squall gets made as well someday.

Whilst not perfect, I do have this guy coming in the next few days (just a sculpt I found browsing eBay so apologies to the original sculptor - it was not mentioned). Will need some good paint apps to make convincing but seems it's the closest we'll have for a while 🥴🪦
A lot of those sculpts on eBay are using the xnalara files smoothened up and in the case of squall, they actually took the time to sculpt the hair unlike Biggs, etc. Xnalara for those who do not know are ripped game models so this squall would be the dissidia model. Hair fibers from the actual game can't be printed which is why a lot of these heads are bald.

Hi! Could anyone please help me out? I'm kinda new to collecting figures and I want to buy a Play Arts Kai Tifa one that is releasing in the end of this month in Japan. The question is, will they leave the same face sculpt people were complaining about, or would they change it to the updated one they used in dress-up versions (Purple dress and cheongsam)?

A lot of those sculpts on eBay are using the xnalara files smoothened up and in the case of squall, they actually took the time to sculpt the hair unlike Biggs, etc. Xnalara for those who do not know are ripped game models so this squall would be the dissidia model. Hair fibers from the actual game can't be printed which is why a lot of these heads are bald.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I feel compelled to correct this minor incorrect jargon. Xnalara is a posing and rendering software popular on Deviantart (and basically nowhere else lol), so if you're downloading game model rips off there, they'll likely be in that weird proprietary xnalara format and require another conversion step to get it into real 3D software. But the game files themselves are not native to that format and ripping models directly from Unreal Engine titles is relatively easy, since the format is the same for all UE games and the tools have existed for years. I have basically every named character from VII-R ripped and saved in a standard, useable-in-any-3D-software FBX format, so I can 3D print things here and there.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I feel compelled to correct this minor incorrect jargon. Xnalara is a posing and rendering software popular on Deviantart (and basically nowhere else lol), so if you're downloading game model rips off there, they'll likely be in that weird proprietary xnalara format and require another conversion step to get it into real 3D software. But the game files themselves are not native to that format and ripping models directly from Unreal Engine titles is relatively easy, since the format is the same for all UE games and the tools have existed for years. I have basically every named character from VII-R ripped and saved in a standard, useable-in-any-3D-software FBX format, so I can 3D print things here and there.
You can still 3d print the heads after dynamesh, smoothening it, etc. Then add skin texture back in and add new eyeballs. I did it for Nero from dmc5. I simply opened in blender, deleted everything but the head, exported as obj and open in zbrush. This isn't a resin print, but a cheap fdm one just to see if it worked. I'm making my own Nero head, but it's definitely a great reference. Limtoys themselves even said they used the model for Joel and Nathan Drake and even provided proof on Kit's page on a post about Joel if you'd like to check

Attachments

• PXL_20240120_060855809.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240120_060855809.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi! Could anyone please help me out? I'm kinda new to collecting figures and I want to buy a Play Arts Kai Tifa one that is releasing in the end of this month in Japan. The question is, will they leave the same face sculpt people were complaining about, or would they change it to the updated one they used in dress-up versions (Purple dress and cheongsam)?
I believe they will be the same with the Tifa Dress versions which look good! Maybe, the best thing to do--to be sure, is to maybe wait for when someone uploads actual pics of the re-released Tifa PAK, if you're up to it?

I believe they will be the same with the Tifa Dress versions which look good! Maybe, the best thing to do--to be sure, is to maybe wait for when someone uploads actual pics of the re-released Tifa PAK, if you're up to it?
Don't think inventory will be a problem?

I saw a picture somewhere online where someone had used heat shrink tubing on their PAK Tifa to hide the seams. Looked pretty neat.

Back