Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really, really damn good considering most companies give you 70% of what they show in their promo shots.

A little bit of eyeliner is nothing, that's an incredible release.

Not interested in him though, just really want to see Tifa and Aerith on PO though!
I honestly think even the hair sculpt is SHARPER than what it was on the prototype. Usually we get downgrade and softness with hair sculpts but GameToys goes the other way. The minor difference in eyeliner is nothing considering the quality of the sculpt overall. Very impressive.

Boss read this post and now Zack is delayed to October....2023
well-this-escalated-25v93y.jpg

In retrospect, I could see GT Boss thinking the sharp angular face on the prototype looked a little too much like Reno. I’m also excited to see Zack in a range of lighting tho!! Though my display lights are Mako Green so I’ll have no idea what he’ll look like in my display until I get him either way lol

Nah he’s not a character or figure I felt I ever needed in the collection. Design wise, he’s a carbon copy of Cloud but with a different sculpt and weapon. I like him but as a figure, he’s just not interesting enough to have. Blends way too much with Cloud. I just need the core team + Sephiroth. I’m past the point where I just pick up every figure or character willy nilly just because they look cool. Need to be more selective with what I have on display.
I’m also pining for the core team. I’ve spent the past year greatly thinning down my collection of stuff, which includes graphic novels and action figures. A quick inventory shows I have 10 figures (including pre-orders), down from the 16 or so I had. I’m also being more selective with purchases. Even though we have a larger than average home, I’m trying to have a more clutter free living space so a lot of boxes/packaging are going straight in the bin as well. Trying to steer away from this “keep for resell value later” malarkey! In hindsight, I think some or my past purchases were definitely about the hype as well, my mark 4 and mark 6 Iron Man figures being examples.

The latest update in my saga, KGHobby responded and asked me to return GT-002, they've reimbursed me for the return shipping cost, and will ship me GT-004 when they receive GT-002 in their warehouse. Apparently, they have a US warehouse in Oregon. So it's not like I'll need to ship it back overseas.

Naturally, I'd prefer not to wait for the replacement, but I understand the arrangement. As they've already sent me the money to ship back GT-002, I see it as a show of good faith. The communication has been prompt and courteous at this stage, so that deserves credit. It at least makes me optimistic that I will receive the proper GT-004 within the next week or so.

Anyone else feel that though this Zack is obviously leagues better than the PAK version that the actual face still isn’t there ? Cloud looked one to one Sephiroth a little off could have had more shadows on his eyes but something about Zack doesn’t scream one to one to the CC or Remake versions

I'm so happy seeing these pictures! Ever since Crisis Core, Zack is my preferred character from Final Fantasy VII world... And with the remaster on it's way (if you haven't played the original, give it a chance), I think some people will regret not buying him now...

Anyone else feel that though this Zack is obviously leagues better than the PAK version that the actual face still isn’t there ? Cloud looked one to one Sephiroth a little off could have had more shadows on his eyes but something about Zack doesn’t scream one to one to the CC or Remake versions
I think the 1st class sculpt is somewhere in between the remake model and the CC render. For me its the jaw line that's a little off, but the 2nd class HS on the other hand is absolutely perfect imo.

I think the 1st class sculpt is somewhere in between the remake model and the CC render. For me its the jaw line that's a little off, but the 2nd class HS on the other hand is absolutely perfect imo.
And they gave him sanpaku eyes on his 1st sculpt when he didn't have that in the proto. But regardless of all this, he still looks amazing.

And they gave him sanpaku eyes on his 1st sculpt when he didn't have that in the proto. But regardless of all this, he still looks amazing.
Agreed, I think I like the promo pics better for the eyes and face. Not sure what it was at first glance but the eyes did seem off compared to what was shown in the promo pics. Could also be the lighting too, as others have stated.

Agreed, I think I like the promo pics better for the eyes and face. Not sure what it was at first glance but the eyes did seem off compared to what was shown in the promo pics. Could also be the lighting too, as others have stated.
It seems the angles, too. They're going for a certain facial expression/look with this sculpt, it seems. I think he looks pretty good from this angle. Still wonder why he's the only GT figure with sanpaku eyes, though.
Screenshot_20220713-101121_Gallery.jpg

It seems the angles, too. They're going for a certain facial expression/look with this sculpt, it seems. I think he looks pretty good from this angle. Still wonder why he's the only GT figure with sanpaku eyes, though.
View attachment 588271

Thats true, it does look better from that angle. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the first promo pics of remake cloud have sanpaku eyes too? And then when they released him they got rid of those eyes? Or was it that he had those puffy bags under his eyes?

In retrospect, I could see GT Boss thinking the sharp angular face on the prototype looked a little too much like Reno. I’m also excited to see Zack in a range of lighting tho!! Though my display lights are Mako Green so I’ll have no idea what he’ll look like in my display until I get him either way lol
Mako Green, is this right?
7D0F5C30-3919-476D-B364-F4568B14A80A.jpeg

Design wise, he’s a carbon copy of Cloud but with a different sculpt and weapon. I like him but as a figure, he’s just not interesting enough to have. Blends way too much with Cloud.
It is kind of the point, but Zack has a lot of little differences, one being he's taller and more muscular, the other being his armor is more complete and accurate to soldiers of his class, or was before the remake.

I've simply never been fussed about Zack as a character enough to ever own any merch of him either. Cloud is the face of FF7 to me, and like has been said, having another character that looks so similar to him would detract from the composition of any display I'd elect to have.

Very happy for everyone that wants a Zack though, the GT figure looks about as good as you could possibly ask for. The only drawbacks really are price and availability, and one of those is honestly largely subjective.

It is kind of the point, but Zack has a lot of little differences, one being he's taller and more muscular, the other being his armor is more complete and accurate to soldiers of his class, or was before the remake.
I know but for me, he just doesn't make a visually interesting enough figure for me to buy when I have Cloud already. He would just sort of be there on the shelf with Cloud sharing the same outfit and visual identity. He kind of takes away from Cloud while they're on the shelf together, at least for me. Will admire him from afar when everyone gets their copies.

Just aiming for the core team and whatever interesting stuff GT does. I'm past the point where I buy every single figure for every single side character out there. Focusing my collection down has done wonders over the years. Quality over quantity.

Personally I’m really happy for people who don’t feel like they HAVE to have every figure even if it’s one they don’t particular care for. Good for them, knowing what will make the collector in them happiest!

I think if you didn’t already want the Zack now, you’re not going to miss him no matter what happens in the trilogy, because it’s the personality you fall for more than their role in the story.

Celebrate the break for your wallets! Lol I sure hope I get one soon

I know but for me, he just doesn't make a visually interesting enough figure for me to buy when I have Cloud already. He would just sort of be there on the shelf with Cloud sharing the same outfit and visual identity. He kind of takes away from Cloud while they're on the shelf together, at least for me. Will admire him from afar when everyone gets their copies.
It's different for me, he was do or die for Cloud, his best friend, so seeing them together on the shelf is cathartic for me since he never got to live that mercenary life striking back at shinra that he wanted. They were together on a bike once or twice in the same outfits but Cloud was braindead for the time. I do wonder if that'll change with the next few parts.

Exactly why I plan to have him on his own shelf, with Aerith. :love

Back