Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLIDSNAKE

Super Freak
Reaction score
OMG! I had no idea this game was coming out.
I played FF11 for years when it first came out.

If is as good as F11 I will be getting this for PC.

Last edited:
Much improved, though the character creation is still lacking. Still a very pretty game with solid gameplay. Server loads are ridiculous right now; so much so that they had to suspend digital sales a few hours ago as they rush to upgrade servers.

If you purchased the Collector's Edition previously, you'll get the additional in-game items from the new CE.

Much improved, though the character creation is still lacking. Still a very pretty game with solid gameplay. Server loads are ridiculous right now; so much so that they had to suspend digital sales a few hours ago as they rush to upgrade servers.

If you purchased the Collector's Edition previously, you'll get the additional in-game items from the new CE.

is it as good as FF11? I just went to my local store and he told me you cannot play till the 29th.

The game's official launch was the 27th. It's actually been active for the last few days as people who pre-ordered got early access. We were also able to carry over late beta characters as well, so you'll see a lot of people who've progressed pretty far already.

The only problem is that the game is more popular than anticipated. Which is not a bad thing in and of itself, but the servers haven't been coping well with the unexpectedly high traffic. They're upgrading to higher capacity servers globally so it's a bit of a cluster of ducks right now.

Still, if you buy an actual retail copy of the game, you should be able to play. I just tried logging on and everything seemed okay.

I would say it's better than FFXI. I only played a bit of XI early on, but couldn't get past the console formatted UI. Other than that, XI was great. Version 1 of FFXIV had the same problem (among many others that led to its demise), but they've addressed all that and the game is pretty good now, as far as MMO's are concerned. The first 10 levels or so are incredibly slow, but I have a feeling you'll like the class system and setting.

thanks so much brother ! I might be picking this up soon.
FF11 is still my fav MMO of all time.

I remember having great lan parties of 6 players full party.
it was such a great time.

Why can't Final Fantasy / MGS / ect just die already.
It's not fun anymore, just stupid and annoying.

I'm having a very good time with the game. The launch has been rough because they obviously have a lot more traffic than anticipated but it's a nice and gorgeous game.

My favorite part of it is how fun crafting is! It's very reminiscent of the crafting in Vanguard which I loved and it's about time we got something more involved than just queuing 50 items and going to pee.

In fact I'm off today and tomorrow and I'm going to play like a maniac. Lancer go go go!!

I'm having a very good time with the game. The launch has been rough because they obviously have a lot more traffic than anticipated but it's a nice and gorgeous game.

My favorite part of it is how fun crafting is! It's very reminiscent of the crafting in Vanguard which I loved and it's about time we got something more involved than just queuing 50 items and going to pee.

In fact I'm off today and tomorrow and I'm going to play like a maniac. Lancer go go go!!

I am going to wait for the IGN review.

I'm enjoying it so far. What server is everyone playing? I was thinking of starting a toy/collectibles themed linkshell group, as it seems to be the only topic I'm interested in :cuckoo: . Drop me a line if anyone is interested I'm on Faerie server :peace

I'm not having many issues anymore on my end. Played a good amount today and got Pugilist, Thaumaturge, Gladiator, Miner and Weaver all up to around 10.

I'm on EU Cerberus btw.

Looks good, though I'm wanting something more innovative in a next-gen mmo.

Everquest next looks like it might fit that bill nicely.

should be getting my copy for the PC in the mail today pretty excited i was just going to wait for the download to become available again but idk when that is going to happen. And all the physical copies are sold out all over town just got lucky and found it on gamestops website when it was available for like an hour.

What I love about the game is that there's lots to do (which I guess makes sense since it just launched) and from what I've heard the story is actually pretty cool. I've seen the lvl 15 cinematic and it's pure FF.

My favorite part though is how involved the crafts are. I've always loved crafting and found it dismal in a bunch of MMOs I played. My favorite was Vanguard and the system here is fairly similar, simple enough to not be difficult but complex enough to not be boring.

Speaking of I found a nice little primer if anyone has questions about fishing.

What I love about the game is that there's lots to do (which I guess makes sense since it just launched) and from what I've heard the story is actually pretty cool. I've seen the lvl 15 cinematic and it's pure FF.

My favorite part though is how involved the crafts are. I've always loved crafting and found it dismal in a bunch of MMOs I played. My favorite was Vanguard and the system here is fairly similar, simple enough to not be difficult but complex enough to not be boring.

Speaking of I found a nice little primer if anyone has questions about fishing.

loving this game !! was so pissed they had maintenance last night.
lvl 16 mining lvl 7 blacksmith Gladiator 20

Back