FENG's Studio - Albert Einstein sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried removing the head from my H2W version, but the wrists suggest it's a modified Medicom. If so, a head swap won't be simple unless Feng's head has a Medicom mount, and he has suggested the Ignite fat body as a replacement. The Ignite will take a standard Dragon-style mount. Since its wrists look better and it has well-sculpted hands, I'd suggest looking for one. They're older and so not too pricey.

I haven't tried removing the head from my H2W version, but the wrists suggest it's a modified Medicom. If so, a head swap won't be simple unless Feng's head has a Medicom mount, and he has suggested the Ignite fat body as a replacement. The Ignite will take a standard Dragon-style mount. Since its wrists look better and it has well-sculpted hands, I'd suggest looking for one. They're older and so not too pricey.

Although the first post does say:

"Suggested body to use for this head sculpt IGNITE's chubby body or original body (Medicom one) supplied by How2Work"

..so I'm hoping it'll be a hassle-free swap.
i know this is s longshot but here it goes... I needed to pay property taxes , so didnt have the cash. If ANYONE bought another V.1 sculpt, please let me know. I can pay, trade. etc... please PM me.

thanks

siquisiri

It's not too late to secure one from Feng via Xeno?

Re: How2Work's Einstein:

The neck post snaps onto a ball joint that looks to me like a standard TT ball.

The head is simply friction-fit to the neck post, and held firm with a blob of silicon glue. No ball-and-socket connection - even though the head has the female connection, the neck post doesn't have the male connection.

The hands snap onto a HT-looking wrist peg (sorry no pics of these, infant daughter bumming my photo shoot).

img2864lowres.jpg

img2863lowres.jpg

img2861lowres.jpg

img2859lowres.jpg

img2854lowres.jpg

Wow...thanks for sharing that. I haven't had the guts to try to force that head, because Medicom heads can tear. That is a hybrid body. That's not the Medi neck mount at all. I'm wondering about the torso shell -- it seems too large and dumpling-like to me. If I make a body swap, removing that sweater without stretching it will be a challenge. But I'll finally see the shell.

While I'm staring at the neck -- which does look like Hot Toys to me, too -- I might mention that I think the one place the H2W costume missed it is the shirt collar. In all the photos I've seen lately, he wore a wing collar. A tux shirt. It would help hide the neck seam. I picked up a loose Godfather shirt many months ago for this purpose. I wonder where it's gotten to...

Wow...thanks for sharing that. I haven't had the guts to try to force that head, because Medicom heads can tear. That is a hybrid body. That's not the Medi neck mount at all. I'm wondering about the torso shell -- it seems too large and dumpling-like to me. If I make a body swap, removing that sweater without stretching it will be a challenge. But I'll finally see the shell.

While I'm staring at the neck -- which does look like Hot Toys to me, too -- I might mention that I think the one place the H2W costume missed it is the shirt collar. In all the photos I've seen lately, he wore a wing collar. A tux shirt. It would help hide the neck seam. I picked up a loose Godfather shirt many months ago for this purpose. I wonder where it's gotten to...

If I'd known that I might not have tried it :lol

I know what you mean about the sweater stretching with any attempt to remove it from the body, I'm not game to try it just yet - but I'm happy with the body for now - it is solid, joints are tight enough and it seems to pose well (though I haven't done much with him - I'll have a more committed play once Feng's head arrives).

Einstein certainly did favour the tux shirt when he was wearing a suit - but I can't find many shots of him in a sweater, much less the sweater shipped with the figure.

einstein500x600.jpg

albert_einstein_2.jpg

Also, if I can spare the 70-odd bucks, I'm thinking about getting DID's 'Pierre' bicycle to recreate this shot:

einstein-on-bikes.jpg

Yeah, i think it may be too late..

:monkey2:monkey2

That is a right bummer - I hope one can be found for you. Surely there must be more being made than the few being ordered through this site?

I settled for a Schwinn.

Only discovered these today! They look great, I love the dragsters. But I hope this doesn't start yet another line of collecting...

Those Schwinns will not survive a shelf dive -- they're made of pot metal, and are brittle.

I'm looking at the photos again and the light is dawning: the H2W is on different bodies. I'm going to have to strip mine down and see what's what. But mine has Medicom hands, complete with the ugly metal grommet in the wrist. That one does appear to have Hot Toys wrist pegs. Hmmmm...

That's right - looking at the figure in the first post, the hands are medi-style, whereas mine are HT-style. I might strip mine down too, see what's going on :)

Very many thanks for posting those "head off" pics. It's going to make things so much easier for the swap!

Has anyone received their Feng head yet?

Just got mine today- Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that I didnt miss this. I have allot of really cool sculpts but this one may be the best.

Thanks Feng, you did an amazing job and thanks Jack for making it happen.

Just got mine today- Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that I didnt miss this. I have allot of really cool sculpts but this one may be the best.

Thanks Feng, you did an amazing job and thanks Jack for making it happen.

Glad you like the sculpt! :)

2011-04-26154024.jpg

Spent quite a few hours to pack them... now im tired~
Start shipping tomorrow...

Mine arrived today, thanks Xeno! It really is a fantastic sculpt and the paint app is strong. This figure (ie Feng HS with How2Work body) easily holds up next to my other high end figures, and as usual the in-hand product is not done justice by the pics on this thread.

:lecture Just don't try to apply any pressure on the head in fitting it to the H2W neck post. I broke a small shard off the base of the HS, so take my word for it fellows: the H2W neck post IS NOT COMPATIBLE with this HS, it's TOO broad in diameter.

I've done an easy superglue fix on the broken part, no drama there apart from the sacrificed Mintiness :monkey2 I've got a neck post arriving in the mail, I could see if that one is a better fit. Otherwise I was just going to get the jewelery files out and file down the H2W neck post.

I was hoping to post pics as soon as I got the HS, but it'll have to wait until I've solved the neck issue. It is interesting to compare the two sculpts, as this is my first custom purchase. The differences are small but significant, they make all the difference between high-end and middle-of-the-road:

* paint app is superior, better toned and detailed
* eyes are more realistic - they are kinda cartoony on H2W's version
* moustache is better detailed and 'sits' better - H2W's version is a bit like (in Xeno's words I think) a furry caterpillar.
* Hair has far more character

Can't wait to have this figure on its feet! Thanks again Xeno for making this awesome Feng sculpt available to the freaks :clap

I received my Feng sculpt and love it! I too am having trouble figuring out what neck post to use, but I'm glad I secured Feng's sculpt instead of settling for H2W's included head. It certainly does make all the difference in the world.

So what did you all end up using for your neck post? Any easy ordering / eBay auction(s) I should use to pick up one that fits inside the head nicely AND fits onto the ball post on the body?