Female Predator Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ME WANT MOVIE NOW!!! :monkey2

Seriously though, after waiting soooooo long since the official press release this movie was going to happen, this is the BEST Christmas present EVER.... be even better if Hot Toys sent out those figures EARLY!

I'm confused... what is this about a punk era thing? I'm a punk, and I don't wear nets, and neither do any of my friends, or the old 80's punks I've crashed with. Now, if Preds started having tall neon spikey dreadlocked hair, then sure.

...about the netting being for heating, if they prefer to hunt in hot conditions, and their planet is supposed to be hot (see books, comics, and the still screen cap for AVP:R, which makes it look hotter than hell), why would they want to cool down? Especially with the team we saw in Antarctica?

Personally, if the netting has nothing to do with the cloaking, I'd assume the wrist computer, once activated would cloak the wearer, and the rest of the items on him. I don't know, all I know is that I can't wait and see Wolf **** up some bugs.

The punk thing was a joke. Johnny Rotten used to wear netted shirts, maybe it is for heating. Pretty damn cold in England.

Why would they want to cool down?? Well Earth would be classed as a cool planet, maybe, but whatever, it gets hot here too. so turn on the air. Their planet being hot doesn't mean they like it hot, maybe just used to it being hot. They might hunt on planets like Mercury, where it might be much hotter than their own planet. Maybe the netting could be like a thermos flask and keep things either hot or cold. But how does it know? Another joke.

It could be a stabilising garment, set to the aliens accustomed conditions. As you can see, I'm not up with all their history and who invented it, doesn't mean I can't question their veracity. That the new Pred fig has no netting on his legs might mean he likes to be more comfortable, sort of like Predator shorts.

Their wrist device would seem to be the obvious answer to any questions that may leave the originators off guard. I'm with you on that one. Computers can do anything.

All i know is man i was hyped for the first AVP then i was crushed, hopefully this time its not a fiasco

Thus far, it's practically a dream movie to me. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when it got pushed from a summer release to Christmas.

Creecher, I think the best idea about the netting suit is both of them, perhaps it regulates temperature, on either spectrum, cool or hot. Hell, if that's the case each one is probably differing from Predator to Predator, like a comfort level. I actually really do like that idea, a lot.

Gotcha on the punk joke, it just threw me for a loop before, lol.

No worries AdamB. You know heaps more than me about this stuff. Knowing nothing make me feel like a cretin. I do speak tripe, but I learn from people correcting me all the time. :eek:

Who knows, there may be a tribe of spikey dreaded Predators, from a neighbouring planet, coming to wreak a tribal onslaught here, soon enough.

Everything I know is somewhat on a constant level... the novels all tie in pretty well, but the comics not so much.

A lot of the comics show the Predators as a vicious, mean, blood thirsty *******. While a lot of others, show the codes they live by, and the honor they have. - It can be confusing as hell, especially when you're new to all of it.

I read some a LONG time ago when I was a kid, and basically forgot em, then I started hunting them down, and there are some inconsistencies that make AVP look like a big hunk of gold. But, I just take it with a grain of salt and think to myself, "gee, I'm glad Steve Perry explained a caste system with their society in his novels, and explained every clan differs from one another."

But hey, as long as they keep writing stories and movies that are entertaining and stay true to the core of what the franchise is, I'm perfectly happy. I just hope John Shirley never writes another Predator novel again, AWEFUL.

-February Darkhorse is releasing Steve Perry's new Predator novel called "Turnabout," and sometime soon after that another author is releasing a book called "South China Seas."

Interesting points and observations by all regarding the mesh suit, but I still like the idea it's part of the cloaking field generator. I liked the suggestion that the field is conducted through the Predator's armour and/or clothing, which would take care of the bare spots mentioned. Like the mesh suit is needed to keep the field stabilized and concentrated over the major parts of the Predator's body, and once fully activated, the field is then powerful enough to cloak any bare areas on the limbs, the head, and any hand-held weapons. I also like thinking it has more than one function, like the communicator/detonator/suit control gauntlet does. It's stuff like that which makes the Predator's such fascinating characters.

I know for a fact that the net is part of the Predators cloaking field, im gonna have to try and remember now where i came across this information

If you can dig that up again I'd really like to know where you found that info. I seem to have a lurking recollection of reading that somewhere too, but it most likely was some time ago and I don't remember where. Be sure to let us know if you think of it. :cool:

I know for a fact it was either mentioned in AVP: Hunter's Planet or AVP: War... both which are novels.

If you want, I'll skim through them and find out which one FOR SURE it is.

I know for a fact it was either mentioned in AVP: Hunter's Planet or AVP: War... both which are novels.

If you want, I'll skim through them and find out which one FOR SURE it is.

That would be great. If you could also post the ISBN and publisher, I'd really appreciate it. Any other recommended titles, too. Thanks, bro! :cool:

Back