Favoirte Film of 2008!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best and favorite movie of 2008: The Dark Knight

The most fun and the one I'll probably watch the most: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I haven't seen Wall E yet.

The Dark Knight of course

Really enjoyed Tropic Thunder also
Iron Man
Hope to see Benjamin Button soon, but it's getting lower ratings than I thought so it might not be the big Oscar picture everyone thought it'd be.

Iron Man was originally my favourite of the year, but then I grew to love TDK more.

Hellboy 2, Quantum of Solace, KOTCS and Tropic Thunder were also my faves.

TDK without question but I also enjoyed Tropic Thunder.

I too am anticipating Grand Torino and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

The Dark Knight is tops
Wall-e for animation
Appaloosa just because I loves me some Viggo! :D

It was a good year for big budget action popcorn flicks, but very few actually quality movies. sadly there was no 'No Country For Old Men' and 'The Road' got pushed to next year. Off the top of my head I'd pick Benjamin Button. Haven't seen The Wrestler yet, but it looks great.

edit: Burn After Reading was fun too.

Personally I thought No Country and There Will be Blood were overrated last year. This year right now we have Slumdog Millionaire and Frost/Nixon, both of which are "important" as well as very entertaining. I haven't seen The Wrestler, Button or some other contenders yet - but I think this year has been really great for movies.

I couldn't really pick a favorite though - Wall-E, TDK and Iron Man are all in the running for me.

Personally I thought No Country and There Will be Blood were overrated last year. This year right now we have Slumdog Millionaire and Frost/Nixon, both of which are "important" as well as very entertaining. I haven't seen The Wrestler, Button or some other contenders yet - but I think this year has been really great for movies.

I couldn't really pick a favorite though - Wall-E, TDK and Iron Man are all in the running for me.

Dave you fool, There will be Blood was amazing.

I'm a sucker for Cormac McCarthy and the Coen bros. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed No Country the film as much if not for the book. Too bad some of the best bits didn't make it into the film.

It's good, but I actually think Slumdog is a bit overrated this year. I still need to see Frost/Nixon.

The Dark Knight.
I was highly sceptical as to whether Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker would live up to the ridiculous amount of hype following his death but I was pleasantly suprised that it did and the rest of the cast were all great as well.

Iron man. TDK 2nd.
No 1 has mentioned The day the earth stood still, I haven't seen it only coz'
it hasn't been released in Australia yet. Was it no good???

Back