Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Cronenberg Scanners/The Fly influences are all over the strong first and second acts of the film. Doom literally makes people's heads explode at one point inside Area 57 leaving a massive blood trail. Its good stuff.

Yup, what's there is good, the problem is they rushed right through it and skip a year ahead. If they would have focused on that and the four of them actually interacting, learning how to use their powers and possibly bonding through their mutation, the movie would have been turned out great, and I believe thats what Trank's original script was about. There's some great stuff in the movie for sure though, I just can't see the comic book community accepting it because it doesn't fit with the F4 they read.

The scene with Doom killing everyone was amazing. Everyone in my theater was actually gasping during that scene.

This movie is obviously a train wreck as myself and many many others predicted between bad casting and from story elements leaked.. It's fine that there are those that seemed to somewhat enjoy it, but please stop defending it. Just admit you like crap movies. There are plenty of movies I liked that people hated, but I just laugh about and don't try to defend them. There's not 1 positive review of this movie in existence so far... Not 1!!! I usually don't listen to or recommend reading reviews, but come on now. It's pretty much unanimous that this just plain sucks! I never had any intention of EVER seeing this, but now I actually kinda want to to see if I can pee my pants from laughing so hard!! :rotfl And stop comparing it to other successful Marvel movies that YOU didn't like, cause clearly MANY people did. Hardly anyone likes this, so telling millions of people their idiots is pretty dumb while defending this turd. I hated what they did to the Mandarin in IM3, but at least he looked like the Mandarin! Doom is just no excuse to have gotten him so wrong twice. There was literally no respect shown by anyone from Fox for the characters and history of the FF here. It was clearly a movie made just to spite Marvel and retain the rights to characters they've butchered twice now (and I somewhat enjoyed the previous 2 FF movies, I am a big Silver Surfer fan).

But seriously, for anyone trying to defend this have you ever even read a Fantastic Four comic or understand what it's about?? (I've been been a Marvel and DC fan since the 80's) Or are you few just fans of gritty and realistic and don't like to smile and have fun with a movie that is based entirely on fiction? This is not a horror genre. I'm confused how any one that would ever consider themselves an FF fan could like or defend this?? :dunno

And even if Trank got to release his superior movie, it still would've blown and not been a good FF movie.. There's a reason why people make fun that The Incredibles is the best FF movie, because it is!! It's clearly based on the same light hearted family dynamic that the FF is/was known for!

And even if Trank got to release his superior movie, it still would've blown and not been a good FF movie.. There's a reason why people make fun that The Incredibles is the best FF movie, because it is!! It's clearly based on the same light hearted family dynamic that the FF is/was known for!

... I need to watch Incredibles again :lol

This movie is obviously a train wreck as myself and many many others predicted between bad casting and from story elements leaked.. It's fine that there are those that seemed to somewhat enjoy it, but please stop defending it. Just admit you like crap movies.

I don't like crap movies and this isn't one.

There's not 1 positive review of this movie in existence so far... Not 1!!!

Wrong. There are 13 right now, including two from top critics. Check RT.

For anyone trying to defend this have you ever even read a Fantastic Four comic or understand what it's about??

I've read and own hundreds.

Early on Trank spoke about Thing being able to switch back and forth, in the movie he's Thing throughout, They pretty much scrapped everything Trank originally intended to do with Doom (the hacker being named Domashev stuff ) and basically throw him in and kill him in about 15 minutes and a fight scene that makes absolutely no sense.

I think once this comes out on cable and most of you guys finally watch it you'll see what I'm talking about :lol

I don't think the hacker stuff was ever in it. Trank spoke about it in that interview with Kevin Smith I posted a while back. According to Trank, Doom was always von Doom.

Lots of whiny directors this summer. Whedon crying that Disney didn't allow him to have a 30 minute Thor hot tub scene, Genisys guy whining about the spoilers in the trailers, and now Trank topping them all.

Fincher watched Fox butcher Alien 3 and took it like a man and just made the best of it, took it as a learning experience, and carved a kickass career for himself. He didn't burn any bridges as he was able to work with Fox off and on from Fight Club to Gone Girl. Not even Lucas publicly whined about studios until AFTER he established himself as an independent juggernaut.

Wrong. There are 13 right now, including two from top critics. Check RT.

I'll have to check out those reviews then.

I've read and own hundreds.

If you've read so how many, how can you say this is an accurate portrayal of the FF? It would be like trying to reboot the chipmunks and turn it into a horror franchise. Just doesn't make sense to lose your core audience and or fan base!

I would say I'm a F4 fan, this movie is based on the Ultimates version and the first hour is pretty faithful to those comics.

Even in the comics the F4 have been written dark at times, then you have writers that have done their own version of the F4 and other superheroes, people are upset Johnny Storm is black, yet Nick Fury was turned black in the ultimate comics and nobody cared, now that version is being used in the movies. There is so many different versions of characters in comics which is now why we have different universes in the comics, like Noir and Marvel Zombies. I don't think comic book movies or their characters are exclusive to happy popcorn movies. The light fun F4 movies were made twice before this and they got horrible reviews as well.

This wasn't a rush job to retain the FF. That rights grab shtick was anti-Fox propaganda generated by Disney fanboys the moment the reboot went into production.

58321-Louis-CK-nope-gif-uvTq.gif

We're entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts:

"They need to begin filming a new Fantastic Four movie within 7 years after the last Fantastic Four movie was released. Meaning that they have until about early Fall 2014 to start filming. Once they begin filming, there are other dates that they have to meet. They can't just take 5 years to film the movie. However, the actual time that they have to release the film after filming begins remains a guarded secret by those in the know.
Fox can change the release date. They aren't locked into March 2015. However, what they must do is to begin filming within 7 years after the last FF film was released. Announcing release dates, changing release dates, announcing directors, or anything similar will not stop the FF from reverting. The only thing that will stop the clock is for filming to begin by Fall of 2014."

source: FOX Has Until Fall 2014 to Film 'The Fantastic Four' Before it Reverts ~ Superhero Movie News | Comic Book Movie News 24/7

Fox was up against the clock. Period.
(but by all means cash your Fox PR check now!)

Its good stuff.

Maybe for a corny Cronenberg knock-off, but not for an actual FF movie.

I think once this comes out on cable and most of you guys finally watch it you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cable? Uh, you do realize it's 2015? :lol
I streamed this film last night. It's utterly cringeworthy. From start to finish.
The first act sucks and the suckage increases until its merciful ending.
It's FINO: Fantastic in name only.
Doom looks like a crash test dummy covered with Predator ejaculate.
Other than the character's names and powers, this film could've been any SyFy abortion of the week.
Fox wanted to retain the film rights.
Nuff said!

___

13 positive, out of 150 or so total reviews... is still not good.

eager to see what monday holds for this film, as well as the next few months...

Though, i do expect Fox to give it up and let it go back to marvel, after what appears to be a critical/commercial/financial failure.,

those of you that like it, look on the bright side, you'll get to own it on blu-ray sooner, and watch it whenever you like.

Nothing wrong with liking bad films. I enjoy the SW PT, but that dosn't make em good.

The casting seemed positive at the time but the young ages they were shooting for revealed that this would be a pre family unit.

Trank obviously focussed on their physical body changes as the gateway to creating a Cronenberg style horror movie.

Trank must've known that his concept and deviation from the source material would be controversial but somehow he got Fox to subscribe to his vision.

Then he found pot.

Who knows, maybe Singer was the one who sabotaged this movie. :lol

I would say I'm a F4 fan, this movie is based on the Ultimates version and the first hour is pretty faithful to those comics.

I have read quite a few people say that, but to my knowledge (never read any Ultimate stuff except for Spidey)the Ultimate FF was the worst received and lowest sold of the Ultimate Universe. Why would you base a new movie franchise on some of the worst storytelling in a 60 year + history of comics??

Fincher watched Fox butcher Alien 3 and took it like a man and just made the best of it, took it as a learning experience, and carved a kickass career for himself. He didn't burn any bridges as he was able to work with Fox off and on from Fight Club to Gone Girl. Not even Lucas publicly whined about studios until AFTER he established himself as an independent juggernaut.

That's a really good point, all the crazy things that Trank has been doing to try to save his 'reputation' has really just put him in a really, really bad position.

I have read quite a few people say that, but to my knowledge (never read any Ultimate stuff except for Spidey)the Ultimate FF was the worst received and lowest sold of the Ultimate Universe. Why would you base a new movie franchise on some of the worst storytelling in a 60 year + history of comics??

I agree with you, well said.

But it's Hollywall Street we're talking about here, their decision makes perfect sense to me. :lol

Early on Trank spoke about Thing being able to switch back and forth, in the movie he's Thing throughout, They pretty much scrapped everything Trank originally intended to do with Doom (the hacker being named Domashev stuff ) and basically throw him in and kill him in about 15 minutes and a fight scene that makes absolutely no sense.

I think once this comes out on cable and most of you guys finally watch it you'll see what I'm talking about :lol
I kinda want to stream it to see it for myself, but I hate cam footage, even for bad movies, but yeah, it does sound like there was a major sudden involvement from the studio at some point in production.

The Cronenberg Scanners/The Fly influences are all over the strong first and second acts of the film. Doom literally makes people's heads explode at one point inside Area 57 leaving a massive blood trail. Its good stuff.
I saw that clip, I liked it completely out of context, it's clear they turned Doom into Tetsuo, that's why I liked it :lol

For some reason they deleted that clip, anyone has a link or something?

Mark Millar's run on Ultimate FF was pretty good.

Back