Fallout 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The missile launcher is great on the big mutants.
You should run into some of The Brotherhood of Steel on your way to the radio station - they will help you fight the mutants. (It seems like forever since I finished this - so maybe I'm wrong about the Brotherhood - but I don't think I am. :eek:) Some of the mutants carry mulchers (they aren't called mulchers in this game - but you know what I mean) and you can pick those up after you kill them and use those as well.

I seen some guys walking in the steel uniforms but they called me names and made fun of me. :monkey2:lol

I seen some guys walking in the steel uniforms but they called me names and made fun of me. :monkey2:lol
Go talk to them...eventually you will find one that says you can tag along with them - just stay out of their way. :lol :lol They kill most of the mutants - you can hang back and let them do all the killing or go in and join them if you want. Like I said, if you have a missile launcher, killing them is easy.

Go talk to them...eventually you will find one that says you can tag along with them - just stay out of their way. :lol :lol They kill most of the mutants - you can hang back and let them do all the killing or go in and join them if you want. Like I said, if you have a missile launcher, killing them is easy.

I don't think I can afford a Missle Launcher. I only have like 200 caps. Spent all my money on ammo for my pea shooters. :lol

I don't think I can afford a Missle Launcher. I only have like 200 caps. Spent all my money on ammo for my pea shooters. :lol
I never bought one - just found them. Either got them off of dead mutants/raiders or found them in buildings. If you go to a Food Factory (can't remember the name) you can find a couple there - but be prepared - you have a lot of Chinese militants to kill.

You need to go exploring more - I rarely ever had to buy ammo or weapons.

I never bought one - just found them. Either got them off of dead mutants/raiders or found them in buildings. If you go to a Food Factory (can't remember the name) you can find a couple there - but be prepared - you have a lot of Chinese militants to kill.

You need to go exploring more - I rarely ever had to buy ammo or weapons.

Will try that. Thanks!

yeah if you havent finished the GNR building part yet make sure you grab the Fat Man off the dead BOS guy thats laying in the fountain. One shot with it will kill the behemoth when he busts through the buses.

Will try that. Thanks!

Let me know how it goes....I mostly spent my caps on health stuff and repairing my gear.....once I got enough points with the repair skill I was able to do all my own repairs which saved me a bit. If you make it to a hospital, you can get a TON of free health kits (can't remember what they are called) Med X, Rad X, plus the one that you don't become addicted too......getting out of the hospital is a ^^^^^ though - I believe the only way is out is through a walkway that takes you to a hotel. That place was a nightmare and took me forever to figure out how to get the hell out......ended up having to use a lot of the health packs I scored in the hospital.

check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyPJ0kHmszU

Can someone tell me why my tenpenny suite doesnt look like that. i dont have a metal table near the bed, seating area, computers(or those large things on the wall) or posters hanging over the workbench, is this another difference between LE and non or something?

Last edited:
check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyPJ0kHmszU

Can someone tell me why my tenpenny suite doesnt look like that. i dont have a metal table near the bed, seating area, computers(or those large things on the wall) or posters hanging over the workbench, is this another difference between LE and non or something?

You need to buy the house themes... the guy is using the Vault Theme.

You can buy it at the boutique on the ground floor of the tower lobby.

You need to buy the house themes... the guy is using the Vault Theme.

You can buy it at the boutique on the ground floor of the tower lobby.

uhhhhh...i can only buy the house objects from her, nowhere in her inventory does it say house theme..or theme for that matter

Ok i looked with one of my other characters who has all the house objects and the goul(cause i let them in) would sell me a theme....so do you have to have all the objects first?

Last edited:
uhhhhh...i can only buy the house objects from her, nowhere in her inventory does it say house theme..or theme for that matter

Ok i looked with one of my other characters who has all the house objects and the goul(cause i let them in) would sell me a theme....so do you have to have all the objects first?

I got the Pre-war house theme before getting the Jukebox... so i'm pretty sure you don't need to get everything.

You could try selecting the speech option regarding house themes.. maybe it might activate the themes...

Or your game might be bugged ... I wouldn't be suprised if it was. This game is pretty buggy.

Does anyone know if there is a bug that makes the water processing operator in Megaton disappear? This guy told me to bring him any scrap metal I find and he will buy it from me. I now have a whole lot of scrap metal, but alas, I cannot find this geezer! And I need some caps to liven up my digs at Megaton.

Does anyone know if there is a bug that makes the water processing operator in Megaton disappear?
Yep, same happened to me. I searched forever and finally found him lying on the ground near the bomb, dead. Maybe he tipped over the railing while smoking.:banghead
If you haven't already you will find someone who will buy your scrap metal later in the game (Underworld).

Yep, same happened to me. I searched forever and finally found him lying on the ground near the bomb, dead. Maybe he tipped over the railing while smoking.:banghead
If you haven't already you will find someone who will buy your scrap metal later in the game (Underworld).

:lol

He's dead in my game too! Laying next to the bomb. Well, thanks for the advice on underworld, I guess I'll head that way. Even though I hate navigating those damn tunnels!

That's correct, but who needs caps anyway? ;) If you are not rushing through this game you will have more than enough.
Btw, another option is to go to Fort Independence. There you can trade your scrap metal for ammunition.

I bought this game and played it twice. I think I must have missed the fun. Its now on ebay.

I'm actually a little mad since all of the magazines are saying this is the game of the season. :(

Wow. I'm surprised to hear that. I LOVE this game and easily consider it the best of the year. Hell, I beat it once with a very heroic character (150+ hours of gameplay, completing nearly every side quest and exploring like crazy...and still not seeing everything) and then went through withdrawal, so I decided to play through again, this time as an extremely evil character. The replay value is amazing. I feel like I'm experiencing a different game this time through based on my character's actions and choices. Sorry it's not your thing, dude, but I can't put my controller down.

Back