Statue Falcon (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool about the live show. Do you know if that will be on their website or Facebook?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:monkey3

LOL I would debate that WS is the best of this diorama, because IMO Iron Studios managed to pull off some difficult stuff 1) dynamic sculpt w. "street clothes" character; 2) awesome full face sculpt/paint in production work.:love

But since WS is my fav MCU character:monkey3 I am too biased anyway (like some FB post said "plz don't mess WS up, plz don't mess WS up":panic:) Both Falcon and Bucky are posed in ways that awe me:clap - e.g., the engineering. Especially Falcon - he's set at this angle and completely stable!

So for me can't say of the 3 pieces I own which is best, really. Just so d@mn happy I took the plunge on these pieces and IS has been completely delivering so far.:thud:

Well WS also looks amazing to me also. An even more a fierce character that iron Studios nailed. I can't really disagree with you. It's done really well. I think it's those wings and the pose that gives Falcon the edge not the actual paint and materials because WS looks just as good if not slightly better. All I can say both are a win win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:monkey3

LOL I would debate that WS is the best of this diorama, because IMO Iron Studios managed to pull off some difficult stuff 1) dynamic sculpt w. "street clothes" character; 2) awesome full face sculpt/paint in production work.:love

But since WS is my fav MCU character:monkey3 I am too biased anyway (like some FB post said "plz don't mess WS up, plz don't mess WS up":panic:) Both Falcon and Bucky are posed in ways that awe me:clap - e.g., the engineering. Especially Falcon - he's set at this angle and completely stable!

So for me can't say of the 3 pieces I own which is best, really. Just so d@mn happy I took the plunge on these pieces and IS has been completely delivering so far.:thud:

Well WS also looks amazing to me also. An even more a fierce character that iron Studios nailed. I can't really disagree with you. It's done really well. I think it's those wings and the pose that gives Falcon the edge not the actual paint and materials because WS looks just as good if not slightly better. All I can say both are a win win!

Nicely said :clap. And I CAN see where Falcon would get an edge - for one thing, looks like there's a terrific sculpt of Anthony Mackie under those goggles:love and I get impressed when every detail is looked after - e.g., IMO there might have been some fudging there, but there is none. Plus, while Bucky looks pretty dynamic pose-wise, Falcon blows me away because IMO that balance HAD to be perfect. I'm not worried about any leaning issues at all. Then there's Falcon's complex costume.

Maybe Iron Man will be the "best of the best"? in the end - full sculpt, elaborate costume, using car paints, multiple lights. (Still on the fence about Iron Man - maybe the live show, if I see it, will help:panic:). For now I just need to get my Cap display set up so I can put Bucky and Falcon side by side, just like IS' original Insta pic from last summer - IMO, the way things were meant to be. Nice to know in-hand came out so well vs. these first protos!:clap (even if there was a delay *cough* :cool:)

IS_Bucky.jpg

Can't believe I own this *badassery* :yess:

Nicely said :clap. And I CAN see where Falcon would get an edge - for one thing, looks like there's a terrific sculpt of Anthony Mackie under those goggles:love and I get impressed when every detail is looked after - e.g., IMO there might have been some fudging there, but there is none. Plus, while Bucky looks pretty dynamic pose-wise, Falcon blows me away because IMO that balance HAD to be perfect. I'm not worried about any leaning issues at all. Then there's Falcon's complex costume.

Maybe Iron Man will be the "best of the best"? in the end - full sculpt, elaborate costume, using car paints, multiple lights. (Still on the fence about Iron Man - maybe the live show, if I see it, will help:panic:). For now I just need to get my Cap display set up so I can put Bucky and Falcon side by side, just like IS' original Insta pic from last summer - IMO, the way things were meant to be. Nice to know in-hand came out so well vs. these first protos!:clap (even if there was a delay *cough* :cool:)

View attachment 340260

Can't believe I own this *badassery* :yess:

That Bucky piece got me saying omg get him you fool. So bam ordered. Will pair him with Falcon. You convinced me even though my pockets were screaming blood. Well a few more drops won't be so bad. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That Bucky piece got me saying omg get him you fool. So bam ordered. Will pair him with Falcon. You convinced me even though my pockets were screaming blood. Well a few more drops won't be so bad. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ouch. I know $$$$:(:(:(. Especially when I splurged on BP too - totally unplanned. It gets HARSH:(. It's a strain, sometimes. Especially w. such low edition sizes. But honestly I wouldn't be so enthusiastic if I hadn't received so much better than expected. Such CLEAN paint for one thing. Since I've had Falcon and Bucky for a bit and stare at them a lot being above the computer desk for the moment - all I can say is I am real happy I have them both. I hope you will be too:), even if it's cheap eats for a while.:monkey2

Pics don't lie...tried to get some close-ups w. phone re all that *perfection* :lol $$$$ IMO worth it....gloves have inner padding, sculpted fingernails - IMO awesomeness:cool:

IronStudios_wintersoldier_armdetail.jpg

E.g. tiny rivets between upper arm plates!

IronStudios_wintersoldier_gundetail.jpg

Carefully done hands - IS covered every detail (and awesome rifle!):clap

IronStudios_wintersoldier_face.jpg

IronStudios_Falcon_face.jpg

IronStudios_Falcon_sidedetail.jpg

IronStudios_Falcon_boots.jpg

:clap

Mine arrived yesterday, lucky I got no damage parts.
But he is huge, I have to rethink the posing. The wing's need to much space

Oooh, another beautiful Falcon. I know the wings take up some space - especially with the slight back angle - but the effect is so spectacular.
Hope you are as happy as I am with mine!

For anyone that has this Falcon statue...I know the wings from end to end are 31". But, what is the width of just the base itself?

Thanks.

For anyone that has this Falcon statue...I know the wings from end to end are 31". But, what is the width of just the base itself?

Thanks.

I know this isn't going to help, but for the sake of replying, it looks pretty similar in width to Bucky's.

Thanks.

If I remember when I get home from work, I'll put up the dimensions.

But I'm quite sure I posted all the various dimensions previously, with and without wings, attachments etc.

Just received and unboxed the Falcon a couple of days ago, and wow--this is incredible in person. Could possibly be the best statue I own--it's that impressive.

I really like the options--you can pose with or without wings...with the arm holding the gun or the outstretched arm. I always like variety.

I was really impressed with the head sculpt. I figured since his eyes were behind the goggles, maybe they wouldn't have put as much detail there, but they did. I also like the red translucent material for the glasses. Really gives off a great realistic feeling to me.

Also really impressed by the gloves/gauntlets on the hands. Lots of great weathering. Love how you can notice his fingernails too. Only nitpick I'd say is that, at least for me, the paint they used for the fingernails kind of blends into the paint they used for the fingers. And so, some of his fingers are sort of a pale, fingernail looking color rather than brown.

Of the three 1/4's I have from Iron Studios, I think this is my favorite base. More great weathering....I like the dent in metal where his left foot is, I like the "Caution" sign in the back, and I like how the base is tall, which makes a flying character seem more in the air or in motion that a lower base would.

Unfortunately, when I went to move him, I broke off a small part of the base next to the piping. It's very small and I honestly probably would've ever noticed had I not been the one who did it. So, I'll have to glue it back. When I looked that area over, some of the area around one of the pipes had been chipped away--perhaps it fell into the box when in transit. Not a huge deal for me, personally. Again, it would be hard to notice if I wasn't intentionally looking for it.

All in all, love the statue, and am posing him with the extended arm because I really like being able to see his face when I view him from the side. Both arms are great. Clothing is incredible (is there anyone else in the game who does clothing better than Iron Studios?), and overall, the Falcon just really has a very cool costume in these movies.

I've been thinking about these statues, and to me, they sort of remind me of maybe what an effects company--like Legacy Effects or ILM--might create to give the filmmakers a physical example of what a character will look like on-screen and in-costume once the movie is completed. These statues seem like something you'd see lying in the background when you watched a behind-the-scenes documentary of Civil War.

I've added a few photos below. Funny enough, even though I bought Cap and Falcon at two different times, from two different sites, and from two different countries, they both are #106. Crazy.

36631767192_abdf15f9dd_c.jpg

36802461025_24e1790139_c.jpg

36802291465_89c3c0c8e9_c.jpg

36802383985_0bcc90147f_c.jpg

35992896783_0bc0f68800_c.jpg

36662765881_5313c8a942_c.jpg

36802315345_d553347d7c_c.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you're happy with your piece.

It was the first statue that I bought a duplicate for, as I was extremely happy with it and wanted to display him in my statue room and my study as well.

And regarding breaking a piece next to the pipes. Let me guess, it was the pipe's release handle? I broke it myself as well.:slap

That's EXACTLY the part I broke! Went to pick up the base and just placed my hand around that area, and eventually heard it snap and fall to the floor.

Could've been a whole lost worse, I guess.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Back