Statue Falcon (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked sideshow about falcon. They have no idea when it will arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With only 350 total units available that's a bit concerning.

Hopefully Sideshow receive their batch soon.

I'm currently waiting on War Machine to arrive in Australia/Popcultcha.

Did you get stuck with paying the deposit or did they refund it?

Stuck. But yah know, just have to suck it up. Terms of non-refundable are clear. Unhappy:(, but for me it was a better choice. Really appreciate you posting BTW. For me, it was just might as well tried to reach someone like Fantoy Collectibles in Brazil or looked for help on the statue forum.

But I think SC could re-design it's website for clarity in other areas. I knew they did some direct imports to customers, but didn't think the IS pieces were being handled that way. Thought SC was more or less matching SSC for these sales. Or that's what it seemed like to me at the time.

That'll teach me to sit around too long.:banghead I could have had a nice PO with SSC.:slap WITH a coupon.:(

I'd like to think most of the CW pieces would be in collector hands by SDCC, if IS is planning to be there. I mean, would you want irritated customers showing up, possibly, wanting to know what the problem is with this piece?

Contacted iron studios they said within a month falcon and Bucky should be shipping from sideshow

Contacted iron studios they said within a month falcon and Bucky should be shipping from sideshow

Thank you:)! Frankly i'd already resigned myself to having my WS delayed again (and maybe I would have Cap by the end of the year).

With only 350 total units available that's a bit concerning.

Hopefully Sideshow receive their batch soon.

I'm currently waiting on War Machine to arrive in Australia/Popcultcha.

Well, sometimes when you gamble? tho all things being equal, maybe Popcultcha isn't that much of a gamble except for being on the other side of the world:

Falcon1.jpg

Falcon2.jpg

About passed out when this showed up this morning:panic: - knew it was in the U.S. yesterday - all I have to say is way to go, Popcultcha!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap (Cannot believe the shipping speed!!!!)

Don't have time for more than a few pics - gotta snowstorm coming here - but, only flaw I have is a small missed unpainted area in the back wing (supposed to be silver and it's red) and a small place of unmolding error on a wing.

For me - for that area *shrug*. I can tidy up. The rest - HOLY *&&^%$$$$$:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:

He sits firmly. Wish the wings had longer pegs, but they seem to be firm too. Magnets re arms/head seem strong. Seems like flawless paint on body/head. OMG.

Know other folks are waiting so not tryin' to rub the salt in:( - opening the box I was pretty nervous, but IMO impressive packing. IS just seems to be knocking it out the park - not PERFECT, but pretty close to. Falcon is gorgeous - he looks like the prototype. It's unbelievable.:love:love:love:blissy

Their 1/4 movie is on a whole another level then sideshow movie stuff. It's so good

Despite the flaws on he wings, he's looking damn fine! I am impressed. That figure has such a presence, wow!

Better in my opinion than the Spider-Man they released which sorry was part garbage

Looks like mine has cleared customs and is at the main post office... hopefully will be here tomorrow or Monday. Pretty nervous... it had a long trip as it was direct shipped from Brazil. Hopefully it'll be all good. Glad I was able to get Cap and Winter Soldier pre-ordered from SS.

Looks like mine has cleared customs and is at the main post office... hopefully will be here tomorrow or Monday. Pretty nervous... it had a long trip as it was direct shipped from Brazil. Hopefully it'll be all good. Glad I was able to get Cap and Winter Soldier pre-ordered from SS.

Many many congrats! Fingers crossed for yah! And since I mentioned I "might have issues" it turned out I didn't. My OCD? or detail-mania kicked in...if you study the wings on the handle side very, very carefully you might notice some slight differences, right to left. Long story but the short version is I ended up corresponding w. IS by e-mail via website link.

First, I was impressed they answered - LOL think there was a bit of a language barrier (I was using Google translate as well as English and who knows what drivel I was saying:cuckoo::lol). Basically, IS was telling me that they work directly from files that Marvel provides. Given that the wings are CGI anyway I don't know what kind of files, but quote from IS:

Is very important to know that everything pass thru Marvel before released and I can say we never never change the original files, many companies do but we don’t, take a note and check the hulkbuster 1/6 lights we are the only company that did all the spot lights as the movie. So this is why the Marvel Studios feedback is always so important to us, we also always check the actual suit of the characters to bring the same texture to the fans. Is very important for us and this level of details is what we are looking for.

And this little tidbit for Ironman fans, since I suggested that IS might want to provide information re the lights:

About the rest of the Civil War we should do a movie very soon talking about it, the Iron Man has so many lights, ohh that is a huge amount of leds. They ll announce and show at the video.

I was a wreck opening my Falcon, but thought he was really well packed. So hope you are good!

Finally, I'll just say I freakin' (no pun intended) LOVE this Falcon:love. Folks including me complain about changes from prototype to production - well, IMO Falcon is UNREAL:clap:clap:clap. He's making me so happy I'd say he's absolutely worth the money if folks can do it.

There are so many great details - eyes are perfectly done under the goggles. The paint on his arms isn't a flat color; there's very very subtle speckling (like real skin) and subtle skin texture. Carefully made hands and fingernails (I hate blobby "afterthought" hands on figs.) If you run a finger over his knees it feels like metallic mesh. The wings were carefully painted and have shading along the struts. The metallic paint is so good I was tapping my nails on places trying to figure out if they used metal or not. His suit is full of details, textures, fabric movement. He looks great back, front, side. Paint is mind-blowingly clean.

The base seems to be mixed media - plastic and poly - and it's seamlessly done. Falcon himself is heavy - everything except wings poly. OK - I took a flashlight and looked:monkey3 - the wing posts socket into little metal tubes imbedded in the jetback, so they are firm and there's no scraping on poly when you put them in. No balance issues. Magnets are strong. It's unreal IMO how good he is. For an imported production piece not sure how you do better than this?:dunno

So far - I'd read about the Spidey problems, and some other stuff re IS, but none of that seems to be happening w. Falcon - and just sayin', yeah, the wings are plastic, and IMO owners should be happy about that re weight/balance of this piece. And IMO of the plastics used, nothing feels like cheesy plastic. The wings are strong and have weight - for me, if I wanted to break them, I'd have to use a hammer or a brick or something. The plates that make up the wings are thick plastic, like 1/4" at least from feeling them. IS didn't skimp here.

The only thing I hate LOL is that a perfect WS isn't here already:drool. Wouldn't mind owning another Falcon, that's how good I think he is. This IMO is an extraordinary piece and no regrets on this *pricey* purchase (whew!:horror) So really hope you can post re another great Falcon:)!

still waiting on sideshow for mine, been 3 months now since issue

Well, I gotta payment for Bucky coming up, no delay so far *crosses fingers*. And since a couple of Brazil stores just had a FB event I guess on the CW pieces (didn't see it and wouldn't have understood anyway) I gotta think they wouldn't do that unless the pieces were moving along. Hope so anyway. 'Coz I was thinking for Sideshow folks they'd ship new Falcons along with WS in April?

Falcon is on shipping soon page. But sideshow doesn't know anything when I contacted them

Falcon is on shipping soon page. But sideshow doesn't know anything when I contacted them

Sounds like BBTS when they explained manufacture companies often ship to them w. no notice, or last-minute notice (just got Thranduil fig after months on PO). At least BBTS was saying they are pretty much at the mercy of the companies who make these pieces.

Then there's all stuff about shipping containers being filled before shipping. Still wonder if Sideshow issues were shipper damage - PopCultcha flat-out told me they weren't aware of any problems w. their Falcon shipment.:dunno

Re: Falcon (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue - phone pics

Responding to my own post because comments are so long:google - anyway, a few more not-great cell phone pics:slap of Iron Studios Falcon.
But there doesn't seem to be that many in-hand pics around anyway. Not Falcon's final display - these were taken in a workroom - he's in a temporary "safe room" until WS gets here. Falcon is heavy and makes me nervous moving him:horror unless he's not assembled. I don't like taking figs apart too much (every time is a potential scratch etc.):horror

But thought folks waiting on shipping would like to see more pics.

Falcon_IronStudios_front.jpg

Falcon_IronStudios_side.jpg

Falcon_IronStudios_face.jpg

Falcon_IronStudios_boot_detail.jpg

Falcon_IronStudios_boot_detail2.jpg

Falcon_IronStudios_jetpack.jpg

Falcon_IronStudios.jpg

He's stunning:love plz let Cap and Bucky be this good!:pray:

Re: Falcon (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue - phone pics

Responding to my own post because comments are so long:google - anyway, a few more not-great cell phone pics:slap of Iron Studios Falcon.
But there doesn't seem to be that many in-hand pics around anyway. Not Falcon's final display - these were in a taken in a workroom - he's in a temporary "safe room" until WS gets here. Falcon is heavy and makes me nervous moving him:horror unless he's not assembled. I don't like taking figs apart too much (every time is a potential scratch etc.):horror

But thought folks waiting on shipping would like to see more pics.

View attachment 332085

View attachment 332086

View attachment 332087

View attachment 332088

View attachment 332089

View attachment 332092

View attachment 332093

He's stunning:love plz let Cap and Bucky be this good!:pray:

Congrats brother! That really does look boss! Too much great stuff coming out it's completely crazy. I still gotta have this piece. Well done to Iron Studios also

Congrats brother! That really does look boss! Too much great stuff coming out it's completely crazy. I still gotta have this piece. Well done to Iron Studios also

Thank you:)! Since I finally had some time to really look him over - just love this piece! All those little details like the dust on his boots and the "rebar" in the "rotting concrete" etc. IS needs to permanently keep whoever did the paint job!:love

For sure tho, seems like a flood of good stuff - IS' Vader, SSC's Thanos, XM seems like it released a lot OMG $$$$. Keep having to talk myself out of IS' 1/10 pieces as it is $$$$ 'coz I know I wouldn't stop at just one.:horror

Back