Statue Falcon (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My flex was delayed until April :( Guess the issues are pretty substantial.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well, assuming it was wing breakage, and the wings are vinyl/plastic - re posts on the statue forum about Spidey, when he was remade it was supposed to take 6 months. Tho sounds as tho people who received the remade Spideys are happy. It kind of makes sense if they are manufacturing in China - there's the holiday shutdowns and then dealing with the factory, then packing and shipping and more QC.

But IS really has to get its act together, if they really plan on doing SDCC, and one of their showpieces is in chaos re production.

My flex was delayed until April :( Guess the issues are pretty substantial.

Is that Sideshow ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given CupcakeMcGraw mentioned flex payments, probably means Sideshow.

Given Sideshows decision to hold off on shipping the piece, I was a bit hesitant in paying off my preorder with Popcultcha, but after getting the Falcon in hand I decided I liked the piece so much I bought another one!

But because I did, I'm thinking the issue with the wings is that on the wings (particularly the left one) either the peg hole in the body isn't deeper enough, or that the metal peg on the wing is too long.

My first statue I used a dremmel to make the peg hole a bit deeper, and on my second I haven't bothered.

IMG_0218.jpg After using the dremmel the gap here is only about 1 to 1.5mm. Which given that it's on the back of the statue I'm okay with.

IMG_0219.jpg Here where I haven't yet done anything the gap is about 4 to 5mm.

IMG_0176.jpg But in both cases I feel that the wings are held tightly and will hold :pray: At least I hope so.

Given CupcakeMcGraw mentioned flex payments, probably means Sideshow.

Given Sideshows decision to hold off on shipping the piece, I was a bit hesitant in paying off my preorder with Popcultcha, but after getting the Falcon in hand I decided I liked the piece so much I bought another one!

But because I did, I'm thinking the issue with the wings is that on the wings (particularly the left one) either the peg hole in the body isn't deeper enough, or that the metal peg on the wing is too long.

My first statue I used a dremmel to make the peg hole a bit deeper, and on my second I haven't bothered.

Think it says a lot that you bought a second Falcon:clap - I buy seconds (when I can) for very certain key pieces. Partly because I like a piece so much and have display options, and partly because if it's a key piece it's like an insurance policy in case the very worst (breakage) happens. If WS comes out well (esp. face) am already thinking about a second - think he'll be great paired w. a different Cap, or if a 1/4 "assassin" WS ever gets made (thought Sideshow had one planned, but their Cap seems to have had some issues along the way...)

Also w. so many Infinity War characters, who knows what IS may do in the future. And companies up and quit, too. Don't think IS plans that, but companies are run by people - LOL, I think I am about to quote Cap here.....:lol

Anyway, are there any "nooks and crannies" w. Falcon where maybe a little museum putty or small rare earth magnets could be added? I remember some mods that were done with SSC's Kier when the arm was falling off. Something non-obtrusive that doesn't ruin the piece, besides drilling? One good thing - you haven't mentioned any Falcon potential balance issues, even w. the wingspan.

Frankly it's a bit maddening that apparently the U.S. Falcon shipment was a problem - but not other countries??? :( - and they didn't even make that many! Makes me wonder if it wasn't an IS problem at all, but a shipping company problem....
Oh, well. :impatient:

Sounds like more of a shipping problem, my Falcon via Popcultcha is amazing. I still get blown away by the size. You've got to see him in person to fully appreciate. Starting to feel a bit intimidated by the full dio but it's going to look incredible.
57abacb3c2d5ab444971a0c5bf6588c8.jpg

Sounds like more of a shipping problem, my Falcon via Popcultcha is amazing. I still get blown away by the size. You've got to see him in person to fully appreciate. Starting to feel a bit intimidated by the full dio but it's going to look incredible.

LOL - stahp!!!:cool: Seeing these Popcultcha pics makes me want to run off and order from THEM:lol. But w. my luck - and the apparent? issues shipping issues here (tho I haven't had a problem getting stuff shipped here before) there'd be SOMETHING and Australia is so far away.:(
Tell myself to be patient and use some common sense.:chug

Your Falcon looks spectacular:clap. Can understand about the full dio display but always admired re the design how "compact" IS kept things, really. The figs aren't sprawling all over, and for me I think I might be able to use some "vertical space" as well - shelving. IMO the pieces look so good I'd get them in and worry about final displays later:cool:, tho have some ideas and furniture that will work. Hard for me to tell without having in hand.

Just "scares" me with these guys - low editions - when they're gone they're gone. When I look at Ultron Cap now he is PRICEY.:horror

Not sure if anyone is still looking for this figure, but Secret Compass appears to have some more available.

Capture.jpg

Thanks for the heads up OG! This was the only one I didn't have pre-ordered from SS and since it is now on waitlist, I didn't want to chance it.

Yeah, the thing w. SSC seemed so muddled, not sure whether they pulled Falcon re issues and called it "waitlisting" or he really sold out and THEN they waitlisted him - so I PO'd w. Secret Compass too. They're not making that many of this guy, and Secret Compass seems comfortable dealing on an international level (e.g. sells XM and all that). I'll miss the points I would have gotten, but it's not worth not having a Falcon from this line IMO.

So, just got the invoice from Secret Compass. I was expecting free shipping since that is what was advertised, but the invoice says it is shipping direct from Brazil and wants 299.10 for shipping. I want this statue pretty bad, but I'm not sure if I want it bad enough to pay an extra $300 that I wasn't planning on. Need to decide if I want to press my luck and hope my Sideshow waitlist converts or bite the bullet and pay up. Just not sure how I feel going from free shipping to $300... that's a pretty big swing in price. What do the other folks ordering from Secret Compass think?

So, just got the invoice from Secret Compass. I was expecting free shipping since that is what was advertised, but the invoice says it is shipping direct from Brazil and wants 299.10 for shipping. I want this statue pretty bad, but I'm not sure if I want it bad enough to pay an extra $300 that I wasn't planning on. Need to decide if I want to press my luck and hope my Sideshow waitlist converts or bite the bullet and pay up. Just not sure how I feel going from free shipping to $300... that's a pretty big swing in price. What do the other folks ordering from Secret Compass think?

That's the issue when ordering things like IS from SC. They're a great company don't get me wrong but the IS items ship directly from Brazil to you. Not like ordering from SS where they distribute themselves.

Dang... didn't realize that. Wish they would make that more clear on their website. Thanks for the info.

You could always try Popcultcha (Australia). They still have like 9 pieces or so of the Falcon. Though I have no idea how much shipping would be.

That's the issue when ordering things like IS from SC. They're a great company don't get me wrong but the IS items ship directly from Brazil to you. Not like ordering from SS where they distribute themselves.

Is that confirmed? Why would they want to ship the bulk supply from China to Brazil, then from Brazil to US? I thought the allocation for SS went straight from China to Sideshow's US warehouse, that's why SS was able to offer normal US shipping prices vs much more expensive shipping from Brazil.

I think I am unhappy and better check my mail. I thought it was free shipping as well, as SC was already higher than SSC. That's a huge jump IMO. And not comfortable with an original PO price comparable to SSC with "free shipping" on SC, now Falcon is $1200 with "free shipping" but the "shipping" isn't free at all - I might as well have called Brazil myself.

Need to rethink this, but leaning towards cancelling. Just not comfortable.:(

Damn Secret Compass really charge a premium don't they.

At Popcultcha it's $1,199.99 AUD including 10% GST.

So that's about $820 USD plus shipping. And I had enough reward points for an additional 10% off, with the usual free local shipping.

Is that confirmed? Why would they want to ship the bulk supply from China to Brazil, then from Brazil to US? I thought the allocation for SS went straight from China to Sideshow's US warehouse, that's why SS was able to offer normal US shipping prices vs much more expensive shipping from Brazil.
He's not talking about ordering with Sideshow. He's talking about ordering via secret compass.

Damn Secret Compass really charge a premium don't they.

At Popcultcha it's $1,199.99 AUD including 10% GST.

So that's about $820 USD plus shipping. And I had enough reward points for an additional 10% off, with the usual free local shipping.

Yeah, and I don't mind if I think I know what's going on ahead of time - and not saying SC is "nefarious" or anything, but the ordering/price situation isn't as I originally interpreted. I'd order from SC again, depending. I've run into higher prices before w. smaller sellers who basically are doing all the work for a hard-to-get item.

But this was too much of a surprise (or potential sticker-shock un-fun surprise) :( - cancelled. Hafta think about what I will do next. But for me I just couldn't do a shipping cost that's 1/3 of the item cost - guess I just got to feel like, for a bit, what Europeans? go through re the VAT etc? Guess you just end up buying a whole lot less.:dunno

Back