Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh...what could have been. At the very least an exploration of them crossing paths or working together in her solo film would have been cool. I always thought the Russos made it seem as if she wasn't telling the whole truth to Steve at the hospital with Nick Fury. Or when she asked for Barnes to recognize her in Civil War.

For some reason I'm kinda tempted to still pick up bucky from this show, but yikes was he a wasted character in this. Well acted, but pretty wasted.

There's still little unexplained things too, like when T'challa was fighting Bucky in Civil War, he seemed to expect his ring to do something to Bucky's metal arm, and is shocked when it doesn't. There were all kinds of discussions at the time over the kinds of vibranium, and whether Hydra had used it in Bucky's arm.

Also, in the comics, the arm is a lot more than detachable, it's semi-sentient. Thought the show might explore some of that, but nope.

At least the show gave some kind of explanation of why Bucky is able to move around freely (pardoned) and a decent nod to something reasonable (having to do therapy; IMO that started well). Also, I did like the interactions with Ayo; which was a good tie-back to someone who had spent time in Wakanda for a while, even picking up the language, apparently.

I might pick Bucky up on a really good sale. 50% off, or something.

Ayo would make an excellent figure. Her costume would be very impressive in 1/6. And if they included a 2nd head sculpt of another member of the Dora Milaje, like Yamma (the one who picked up the shield) that would encourage troop building to make 2 figures. Then once they make Okoye (because we still need her and Valkyrie to complete the girl squad scene) people would be more inclined to pick her up because we would have 3 Dora Milaje figures.

BP_Ayo.jpg
Yeah the Dora Milaje would make for great figures; if there were to be a third figure from this season and not just Bucky and Sam, I feel like it should be Ayo. I know Zemo is a fan-favorite but Ayo has a beautiful vibrant costume and weapons so...

Yeah the Dora Milaje would make for great figures; if there were to be a third figure from this season and not just Bucky and Sam, I feel like it should be Ayo. I know Zemo is a fan-favorite but Ayo has a beautiful vibrant costume and weapons so...

I'd buy Ayo in a nanosecond! She just has PRESENCE, all the way back to Civil War. Her appearance was one of the coolest moments in the show.

I'd buy Ayo in a nanosecond! She just has PRESENCE, all the way back to Civil War. Her appearance was one of the coolest moments in the show.
Also, those outfits would look AMAZING in 1/6 scale. I kitbashed a king T'Challa and would love to have them nearby.

I guess the upside with Bucky is with Cap 4 already announced and it the figure not due until late 2022, we have some time to see what crops up for the Winter Soldier next before anyone really has to pull the trigger on it.

There's still little unexplained things too, like when T'challa was fighting Bucky in Civil War, he seemed to expect his ring to do something to Bucky's metal arm, and is shocked when it doesn't. There were all kinds of discussions at the time over the kinds of vibranium, and whether Hydra had used it in Bucky's arm.

Also, in the comics, the arm is a lot more than detachable, it's semi-sentient. Thought the show might explore some of that, but nope.

At least the show gave some kind of explanation of why Bucky is able to move around freely (pardoned) and a decent nod to something reasonable (having to do therapy; IMO that started well). Also, I did like the interactions with Ayo; which was a good tie-back to someone who had spent time in Wakanda for a while, even picking up the language, apparently.

Hahaha Sassafras, just go ahead and admit to yourself that you are going to buy this deep discount or not ...it is Bucky after all, you will not be able to resist indefinitely :)

Hahaha Sassafras, just go ahead and admit to yourself that you are going to buy this deep discount or not ...it is Bucky after all, you will not be able to resist indefinitely :)

Lol. But really I don't plan to. IMO it's an open question too that HT might - tho think it's a long shot - upgrade and re-release a TWS version. For me, I could put a KO on one of my IW Buckys, source some 1/6 jacket, and call it a day.

If HT had worked harder - maybe. There's no pistol or switchout jacket.

Lol. But really I don't plan to. IMO it's an open question too that HT might - tho think it's a long shot - upgrade and re-release a TWS version. For me, I could put a KO on one of my IW Buckys, source some 1/6 jacket, and call it a day.

If HT had worked harder - maybe. There's no pistol or switchout jacket.

Yeah I hear you, this Bucky is a pretty “bare bones” release. That’s said I do rather like the jacket and the sculpt ...but certainly not enough to break my one figure per character rule, I can’t imagine getting rid of my Infinity War Bucky.

However, if Hot Toys did rerelease TWS Bucky I don’t think I could pass that up.

Yeah I hear you, this Bucky is a pretty ?bare bones? release. That?s said I do rather like the jacket and the sculpt ...but certainly not enough to break my one figure per character rule, I can?t imagine getting rid of my Infinity War Bucky.

However, if Hot Toys did rerelease TWS Bucky I don?t think I could pass that up.

Yeah, and I already own more than one TWS Bucky.:monkey3

Personally I wouldn't switch out IW Bucky for this one; just like the IW look better, but I always liked this character more feral.

HT_IWBucky.jpg

I'd get him if I knew I was getting Falcon tho, but don't plan that either.
Just Zemo:pray:

Yeah, and I already own more than one TWS Bucky.:monkey3

Personally I wouldn't switch out IW Bucky for this one; just like the IW look better, but I always liked this character more feral.

View attachment 511924

I'd get him if I knew I was getting Falcon tho, but don't plan that either.
Just Zemo:pray:

Love this pic, IW Bucky is great!

Yeah from this recent show my only certain purchase would be Zemo (please make him HT) and possibly US Agent depending on how he looks.

Btw I’m looking forward to seeing the great photos you will take of your FWS Bucky :) :) :)

Love this pic, IW Bucky is great!

Yeah from this recent show my only certain purchase would be Zemo (please make him HT) and possibly US Agent depending on how he looks.

Btw I’m looking forward to seeing the great photos you will take of your FWS Bucky :) :) :)

Thank you! Just a quick one with the old Predator stand I use; tho suppose some the SW Endor stands would work as well, for a jungle effect.

But that's the thing, they could have at least given this Bucky a dio stand; maybe with the Brass Monkey sign.

Definitely US Agent for me. His helmet fits him a lot better. Guess the theory they designed his Cap helmet to purposefully make him look goofy was true?

Back