Experimental Hot Air Balloon out of control with a 6 year old inside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question, how would (if indeed this happened) the balloon drop AFTER the boy drops out? How would losing 65lbs of weight bring the balloon down? Wouldn't it be the other way around?

It actually went up really high after it happened, to 5500 feet, then at that altitude, the balloon would expand and at that point, could crack and start to lose altitude.

Oh okay so they assume the boy fell out in the early stages then?

Yea and after he fell, it would have been why the balloon was tilting at that angle etc, because it lost its point of balance. But it was still high from the pic CNN just showed, if that was the basket falling and not a bird or something, it was about 1000 feet.

So he was never in the balloon? :confused:

Either way, I'm glad to hear that he's safe.

No, and even given all the initial information anyone that believed that would have to have almost half a brain. Just because his name is falcon doesn't mean he can master gravity. :lol

I had a feeling the kid was hiding somewhere. I think someone should spank the kid and the parents for wasting everyones time and resources. Brat!!!!

Its not this kids fault, punish the brother who said he got into the balloon.

I say we actually put the brother in a real balloon tommorow and do it all again. :lol

At least he's alive and you can't say that it didn't make for an interesting story on an otherwise ho hum Thursday.

Think about it though, during a war, one of the biggest economic crisis ever, etc, we watched a balloon float around for 3 hours on the 3 major networks. :monkey5

Ah. Got it. Now why is this in Movies/TV discussions? Is it because it is currently on tv?

I was in shock when I was posting the thread and made the mistake of putting it in TV and Movies.

This family seem very fame hungry and I feel they duped most of us into another publicity scam.
I mean for the two hours the balloon was up there, nobody thought to check the whole house to see if he was hiding inside?

Back