Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headsculpt could have been nicer and more realistic, but that's why there's a helmet. Everything else looks very good.

Headsculpt could have been nicer and more realistic, but that's why there's a helmet. Everything else looks very good.
Yeah, the head looks a bit like a caricature. On the other hand, at least that caricature IS Keir Dullea, instead of looking like someone else. I think if we repaint the eyebrows and tone them down, it will improve the likeness a lot.

This is going to be outstanding.

Any chance that the helmet itself can clip or (even better) screw onto the suit in some way that keeps it attached with a strong connection?

The size and shape of it make it a little awkward if it just sets or balances there. (Based on other suits/figures like this that exist)

I have no idea about the helmet connection... If I had my way, it would connect with small neodymium magnets. If it screwed on, even just with a half-turn, it would eventually ruin the metallic finish on both contact surfaces.

That's a great point.

Magnets would be ideal. Can you pass that word along?

I have no idea about the helmet connection... If I had my way, it would connect with small neodymium magnets. If it screwed on, even just with a half-turn, it would eventually ruin the metallic finish on both contact surfaces.

That's a great point.

Magnets would be ideal. Can you pass that word along?
It's too late- the active production run began two days ago.
I have some super-tiny neodymium magnets, and it might be a really easy modification to do if needed. It might only require gluing about four tiny magnets up into the inside of the helmet, which would be attracted to the lower neck ring- assuming the lower ring is a magnet-friendly metal.

The photo below shows there are four metal tabs built into the ring; maybe a very slight turn locks the helmet on.
RED p2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great- some inaccuracies that are minor(arm patch looks too large and color?) . Detailing looks great.
HS is very very crude but not expecting HT quality.
Waiting to see Poole next. Hope they are here in Sept!

The figure outfit and gear look amazing. The head sculpt is not to the same level and those eyes could use some toning down.

But the positives outweigh the negatives significantly.

I really can't decide whether to get this figure or not, at present I've only collected Hot Toys and I'm not sure whether I want to spend £300 on this due to the head sculpt. Ideally I would wait until it is released and check out some reviews but I'm worried the price will sky rocket once it's released! What do you guys think?

I really can't decide whether to get this figure or not, at present I've only collected Hot Toys and I'm not sure whether I want to spend £300 on this due to the head sculpt. Ideally I would wait until it is released and check out some reviews but I'm worried the price will sky rocket once it's released! What do you guys think?
The production run is based upon the number of pre-orders. I can tell you that the number of units produced is going to be very limited, probably in the low hundreds. Once they are sold out, the aftermarket price will double... then in a few years, triple... then you won't be able to get one at any price.
With a good repaint, I think the head sculpt could look fine. (I'll be displaying mine with the helmet on most of the time anyway.) With the help of my research, they have improved the accuracy of the suits far more than I expected. Also, they might improve the paint on the head before release.

Good point. Just pre-ordered mine �� thanks for the advice.
My pleasure. I'm making installment payments on Dave Bowman, and getting Frank Poole from the company as compensation for my research. (and maybe the empty blue suit too) Otherwise I would never be able to afford more than one, and having to choose would be difficult.

The production run is based upon the number of pre-orders. I can tell you that the number of units produced is going to be very limited, probably in the low hundreds. Once they are sold out, the aftermarket price will double... then in a few years, triple... then you won't be able to get one at any price.
With a good repaint, I think the head sculpt could look fine. (I'll be displaying mine with the helmet on most of the time anyway.) With the help of my research, they have improved the accuracy of the suits far more than I expected. Also, they might improve the paint on the head before release.

This is what made me preorder. Thanks.

Back