Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback on the wrist pegs. I knew that the hands wouldn't be "posable" in the way standard figures are, but wanted to keep the gloves from dropping off....they are a little finicky to twist the locking ring into a position where they will rest where you want.
Bravo on the monolith and base! I haven't displayed it yet as I only have Detolf cases which won't accept the size of the base. I/ve been searching online and have found a couple of options. What we go through for our "hobby"! LOL

Great to hear BBTS got theirs in late August, but when will Entertainment Earth get theirs? Still getting notices the item is still on pre-order (as I have for years), with an updated estimate of October.

I know ER is a SNAFU company, but this seems like a overlong wait - maybe an EE problem?

Great to hear BBTS got theirs in late August, but when will Entertainment Earth get theirs? Still getting notices the item is still on pre-order (as I have for years), with an updated estimate of October.

I know ER is a SNAFU company, but this seems like a overlong wait - maybe an EE problem?
Couldn’t you order from bbts or timewalker and cancel your existing order at ee? Btw, I’m not suggesting you do that, but just presenting an option if you can’t stand the ee wait.

For two+ years I've been on the Entertainment Earth treadmill of monthly e-mails saying my Clavius order is delayed, still coming. Meanwhile BBTS has had it in stock for a couple of months now. Exec Replicas is sold out.

EE was the least expensive option by $40, so I pre-ordered there even though I generally don't think they're a particularly well-run business. That said, getting antsy that one month thery'll say it's not coming and by that time it'll be sold out elsewhere.

What to do?

I just got the red suit from Timewalker Toys today and should have the Clavius suit either Saturday or Monday from Secret Compass. I may just have to pull the trigger on that painted Floyd head sculpt. I bought the yellow suit a while back along with the Monolith. Love'em. Anybody got any suggestions about head sculpts out there that would pass for Keir Dullea or Gary Lockwood?

I just got the red suit from Timewalker Toys today and should have the Clavius suit either Saturday or Monday from Secret Compass. I may just have to pull the trigger on that painted Floyd head sculpt. I bought the yellow suit a while back along with the Monolith. Love'em. Anybody got any suggestions about head sculpts out there that would pass for Keir Dullea or Gary Lockwood?
Great pickups jrice73. I have all 3 suits and they’re fantastic. I’ve already put my deposit in for the Floyd sculpt with Anthrapoid, definitely recommend you join! I too am interested in Bowman and Poole sculpts if anyone has any suggestions for what might work.

1C534703-CE30-40A5-B296-9E4721BF3743.jpeg
3CCED3A6-0217-4EEC-92B9-0AD63269FDA6.jpeg
0406B17B-4449-4225-B4A0-C7C122090A75.jpeg

Last edited:
7F0F53E0-8176-4198-B32E-AF4A833445AF.jpeg
00A02F42-ACB3-4124-AC4E-42E980138FC5.jpeg
515D37E9-F985-4EA0-90CE-25924FB36E39.jpeg

Had to get three generic head sculpts for these three 2001 figures. They don’t look bad and are passable. Thinking about ordering a second red suit astronaut so I can have it just in case an EVA Pod in 1:6 scale ever gets made.

I have finally been released from my oath of secrecy about upcoming Executive Replicas items. I have been doing research & design for two products for more than five years, so it's a relief to finally be able to announce that a 1/6th scale POD with internal cockpit and full lighting is coming, and a Moonwatcher figure too.
It might be six months or a year before the POD is released, then the Moonwatcher after that.

I am in regular consultation about both projects with ER and the factory, so I do have a lot of influence as to how the final products will turn out. The production of the POD has a L-O-N-G history behind it; I inherited a job that turned out to be a bit too much for previous entities to handle. But I'm setting the POD project on the road to recovery, and an eventual high-quality end result.

Now- while I have your attention, PLEASE get your Stage-2 payments in for the Heywood Floyd head sculpt asap. If you send your #2 payments now, that will allow a block of time before the $150 is due for the finished painted heads.
Thank you!

transmission concluded

I have finally been released from my oath of secrecy about upcoming Executive Replicas items. I have been doing research & design for two products for more than five years, so it's a relief to finally be able to announce that a 1/6th scale POD with internal cockpit and full lighting is coming, and a Moonwatcher figure too.
It might be six months or a year before the POD is released, then the Moonwatcher after that.

I am in regular consultation about both projects with ER and the factory, so I do have a lot of influence as to how the final products will turn out. The production of the POD has a L-O-N-G history behind it; I inherited a job that turned out to be a bit too much for previous entities to handle. But I'm setting the POD project on the road to recovery, and an eventual high-quality end result.

Now- while I have your attention, PLEASE get your Stage-2 payments in for the Heywood Floyd head sculpt asap. If you send your #2 payments now, that will allow a block of time before the $150 is due for the finished painted heads.
Thank you!

transmission concluded
I know I often say this but thank you again so much for your contribution. I’m really looking forward to both the pod and 1/6 scale moonwatcher. Do you know if moonwatcher will be furry or plastic like the action figure?

A big Thank You to you, Anthopoid, for your work on the Dr Floyd headsculpt . The separate headset plan is fantastic and I'm so looking forward to this.
On top of that your reveal of behind-the-scenes work on a Moonwatcher and Discovery Pod is a real shot in the arm for the fan/collectors.
We'll all look forward to updates as they become available.
Cheers!

How big is this pod going to be? Like Millennium Falcon cockpit big? 14" sphere? 16"?
It will be an accurate 1/6 scale. The filming prop was about 7 feet tall, (the debate among experts ranges between 6 feet 9 inches, to 7 feet) so the 1/6th POD will be about 14 inches tall.

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to the 1/6 scale moonwatcher. Every time I see this small figure I want to get it so much but I try to exclusively collect 1/6 scale.

2824F61B-B7AE-4ACC-9BA8-A53273AF64A0.jpeg

I will need to buy a few 1/6 scale versions to make custom figures.

Back