Excl. Dead 805

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fauk that, he is still green. PASS. Should have got the skin color right to start with.

Funny thing is, that line isnt really good..everybody jumped on the Dead bandwagon and created a hype, but that line is getting really boring..The ironic thing is, out of the whole bunch , only Patient Zero is worth getting and its the one people will mostly not have in their collection...They should have end the line after PZ.

I wouldn't say that. The security guard and doctor are awesome figures. The tacticle guy they dropped the ball on.

Part of the complaints after the original 805 was revealed to be green were that the skin and clothes were too close in color. I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attempt to cater to that.

Maybe this will keep people from tempering their complaints in the future. Instead of, "I don't mind the fact that the production paint ruined the prototype, but the matching colors are boring", people will stick to, "green zombies are stupid."

What is the difference between these and the Grey Hulk PF, Grey Hulk VS Spider-Man dio, Darla Exclusive Blue, Spider-Man Retro, Spider-Man Negative Zone and probably a few others I am forgetting? All of these were just a "color" change. And yes, the Hulks and Spider-Mans may have had a basis for the the different versions in the comics, but we don't know the whole story behind the Dead yet, so they could have an explanation down the road... just askin'! :D

I don't think there is a way to explain that there are 3 duplicate zombies with the exact same damage and look in any story. With Darla, that was another lame exclusive. At least the Hulk and Spidey had a comic basis for the idea and that is also why they sold so well. And the Classic monsters can have the SSE versions, that is also cool. But this doesn't work for me.

Not to attack anyone who wants it, but I think it's kinda weak.

Funny thing is, that line isnt really good..everybody jumped on the Dead bandwagon and created a hype, but that line is getting really boring..The ironic thing is, out of the whole bunch , only Patient Zero is worth getting and its the one people will mostly not have in their collection...They should have end the line after PZ.

A little history lesson...

One thing that is cool with Patient Zero and people who have him is that he will always be the first in the Dead line, the originator, the one who spread the Zombie disease in the Sideshow universe...which is kinda cool...if they do one per year , this one will always be the most valuable...check this year Subject 5 s' Edition size: 1000...Patient zero was only 300 !!!!

Just received my Patient Zero today !!!!! What can I say....he is everything that I 've expected and more....A masterpiece !!!

Another happy member of the Patient Zero fan club !!!! I never heard someone who got this figure saying anything bad about him...He's indeed perfect...

Depends of what you collect and what do you like the most...Patient Zero is like a Perfect figure for me,therefore I know I will never sell him...And yeah,keeping this figure MISB keeps you from enjoying how good he is... For me Horror figures comes wayyyyyyyyyy before SW & LOTR stuff ( in fact, I will never buy some LOTR figures..THEY are boring...YOU HEAR ME LOTR fans...??? Those figures are B-O-R-I-N-G....LOLLOLLLL Patient Zero will eat some elves flesh......MWHAHAHAHA....

Guys....thrust me, Patient Zero is overated...If you thought the figure was so awesome, you would have bought it when it first got out...for the whole first year it came out ,he only sold for 65-100$ on the bay...Its the collector in you that says you really need him...resist the urge..Dont let yourself fool by his popularity....if it wasnt so popular and limited,it wouldnt even be in your top 10 figures.I owned one, paid 140$ for it,and everyone knows that I'm a big horror fan...I sold it one month later.

And just for some fun, a post from Dave way back from 2006...

Now wait for this year's SDCC be Patient One which is just Patient Zero in a different outfit...

:lol

Just kidding...

Kinda weak? Yes. Low ES? Obviously. The thing is for a completist its a necessary evil. Nuff' Said.

but we don't know the whole story behind the Dead yet, so they could have an explanation down the road... just askin'! :D

That the virus seems to attack twins at a disproportionate rate :lol They are just variants plane and simple. But I just would like the option to pick one at the outset rather than wait and see what the more limited release will look like.

Like a dumbass I didn't start with the dead right away. Then I won subject 5 during Spooktacular and grabbed the corporate spokesman variant because I missed the regular version so for me the exclusive worked out.
I wish they would just announce them together so you could choose.

That the virus seems to attack twins at a disproportionate rate :lol They are just variants plane and simple. But I just would like the option to pick one at the outset rather than wait and see what the more limited release will look like.

Oh, I definitely agree... I've never liked these "late" exclusives.

With Darla, that was another lame exclusive. At least the Hulk and Spidey had a comic basis for the idea and that is also why they sold so well. And the Classic monsters can have the SSE versions, that is also cool. But this doesn't work for me.

Darla did wear both colors in BTVS though. The Blue is her traditional outfit, the red is from the episode "Angel".

She is waaay hot, I totally agree. I still wish they would have done a non vamped out version, for her AND Drusilla. :drool

Im still pissed about that. Ive been thinking of sculpting my own, but I already have a long list of things to sculpt already. If I ever get around to them it will probably be the victorian era versions. Liam looks out of place.

Funny story I forgot my name when I met Julie Benz. :lol

Meh.

This does not kill the line for me at all, but I don't care to purchase a variant of the same headsculpt without a significant change in the deco. This went for the doctor and the PR weasel. I don't need twin zombies.

Not that they wuld do this, but I'd totally buy a containment guy with a different headsculpt.

Well now that we have the Exc. 805 out of the way, it seems more likely the SDCC Exc. will be a variant of the baby sitter.

I'm feeling a "Goth" version baby sitter on the way.

Back