Everything Transformers that isn't G1 sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the most part, the Classics are actually must better representations of the cartoon designs than the G1 figures. But for me, they just can't compete with the awesomeness of the Alts/Binaltechs. Those are just great, high quality, sophisticated updates for grown-ups.

Having said that, the Classics Starscream is really what got me back into toys as an older fella. The design was so spot-on, and a quantum leap from the original toy.

I also really dig that Skyfire/Jetfire. When he first came out, I couldn't believe that Hasbro was able to do the cartoon incarnation such justice.

I hear you on the BT front, someday I will go back and pick all of them up. I still have a BT Dead End, he is the cat's pajamas. Need me a Jazz too, have the Alt but you can't go wrong with Die-Cast. :hi5:

Alts/Binaltech and Classics/Henkiei are my fave figs along with Gen 1 !!

Don't rule out Classics due to their size, they are some of the best TF's ever made. I am a sucker for the better paint aps and chrome on henkei though!
I agree with Deak that Sunstreaker is awsome. Probably my fave of the lot and I actually prefer him to the binaltech figure!

Picture026.jpg

Bob

I agree about Sunstreaker. The proportions and head on the Classics version is better. Some alts have better robot modes than others, though. The Silverstreak and Jazz bodies look fantastic as robots, IMO.

Bob, great set-up, btw. Do you have the WST Sideswipe?

Yeah, the vipers are good but lack articulation in their legs which hurt them a little.
I still think Jazz/Shockwave is the best Alt/BT mold.

Yeah, I have a WST Sidey in my display (just not that pic) I would kill for one of the garage companies to make me a WST Sunny, but can't see it happening :(

Bob

Alts/Binaltech and Classics/Henkiei are my fave figs along with Gen 1 !!

Don't rule out Classics due to their size, they are some of the best TF's ever made. I am a sucker for the better paint aps and chrome on henkei though!
I agree with Deak that Sunstreaker is awsome. Probably my fave of the lot and I actually prefer him to the binaltech figure!

Picture026.jpg

Bob

So Bob. Are those Alts/Binaltech on the left and right side of that pic?

Both the bot modes are the Alternators.
Both the car modes are the Binaltech's.
The Sunnstreaker Alternator has black racing stripes down the middle of the car mode. Wich doesn't work so much for me. Sunny wouldn't have that messing with his look :lol

Bob

It really is a matter of opinion, but personally I would have to say Binaltech. I'm a sucker for diecast though and think the added weight just makes them feel more impressive in hand.
However you do run the risk of paint chipping in places and they do cost quite a lot more.
Having said that I don't think you can go wrong with either !!!

Bob

Got the first part of my CrazyDevy upgrade today, the second release of the legs (silver instead of purple). Waiting on the head and hands from TFsource now :)
Expensive but well worth it to improve my fave combiner !!!!

DSCI0003-16.jpg

DSCI0005-12.jpg

Bob

This is great, two of my favorite things...Transformers and DAFT PUNK!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BCElWmA_2tY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BCElWmA_2tY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Mash potatoes is your friend!!!!!!

DARE TO BE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S LIKE BUYING ONE TO GET ONE FREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARE TO BE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back