Everything Transformers that isn't G1 sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread gets The ill Jedi Seal of Approval...

Prime_Thumbsup.jpg

...and for anyone who says otherwise...

optimus_liberal-1.jpg

You're just saying that because it actually had balls in it.

Right. That's good. :rolleyes:

yeah, giant transforming robots killing eachother and hot chicks are ____ing stupid.

You two guys are funny, seriously though, if you were honest with yourselves you'd know it to be true. The 2nd movie was ass. Yes there were good parts but at it's core, pure ____. I think that puts this argument to bed. :lol "nerds" bonus points for the Ogre reference.

If you didn't grow up watching G1 Transformers as a kid and remember being ":google" over them on the shelves of your Toys-R-Us......

GTFO!!!​

Um... I don't think Transformers was around in the 40's (checked your profile) :D.

You're just saying that because it actually had balls in it.

:rock

As if anyone frequenting these forums is not a nerd :D

I saw that Springer, and am tempted by it. But what I'm really interested in is the Fansproject Bruticus, that I actually just found out about a couple days ago. Problem is, it will end up being pretty pricey to buy all the parts. Not that I mind shelling out the money, I'm just not sure that the final product is worth the cost (I figure this is what a "Classics" combiner is supposed to be, and wouldn't cost over $30-40 at retail):

https://tformers.net/g/generated/12977/bruticus24__scaled_600.jpg

If those guys somehow created a Devastator that looked that good, I would be in like Flynn.

Yeah the Bruticus looks awesome, and YES Devastator would rock.

The next movie would be awesome if they had hot chicks transform into robots and...oh wait...

Ok then...uuhh...MORE ROBOT SCROTUM!

So Warbot aka Springer has been released to BBTS. I need to see some reviews first before I pull the trigger. But he would look sweet next to my FP Ultra Magnus. Bagels & Kara feel free to chime in.

1269287206_Defender.jpg

He looks good.... I think my brother is going to pick him up. When does the Bruticus add on from FansProject get released? That thing looks pretty cool too.

The Ultra Magnus set really blew me away... The head could have been a little better but it looks great on my brothers shelf with all the other remakes.

Beast Wars was incredible. The storyline was way more mature than the one for G1 Transformers. The episode with Dinobot's death (I think it was called "Measure of a Warrior), was my favorite.

Good to see other Beast Wars fans. I thought I might get flamed. I like G1 and Beast Wars a lot, but G1 was on when I was really little and I was a little bit older, about 10 or 12, when Beast Wars was on, so I was able to appreciate it and get into the story a lot more. There were some pretty cool toys that went along with it as well. Inferno and Dinobot were my favorites.

Well, I liked Beast Wars... stronger writing and animation than the G1 cartoons. Having said that, nothing beats the animation from the G1 1986 Masterpiece. :)

I also am a fan of the first Bayformers.

And I still have quite a collection of G1 Transformers.

MISB, MIB, and loose.

There's clearly a lot of rose-tinted spectacles around here...

G1 produced some great stuff in terms of toys, cartoons and comics... but there's a lot that is complete rubbish. "The Car Wash of Doom" and "Carnage in C-Minor"??

Beast Wars / Beast Machines is probably the ceiling of quality for Transformers in terms of animation and storyline. Love it! And yes I do mean Beast Machines... easily the most daring take on the franchise of all.

TF: Animated also rocks - it takes much of what made G1 memorable without the rubbish.

So, while my small TF collection is all G1 or derived therefrom... I'd strongly disagree with the original proposition.

i love ANYTHING Transformers EXCEPT the Hasbro movie toyline.

G1/G2 cartoon and movie being my favorite

Beast Wars/Machines being my VERY CLOSE second favorite

Super-God Masterforce, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, and Animated all as well.

NOTHING BEATS TRANSFORMERS. :rock

NOTHING BEATS TRANSFORMERS. :rock

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qXB4wvqCPBU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qXB4wvqCPBU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol

Back