Event Horizon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this movie in the theater and it scared me more than any movie ever has. I didn't sleep for weeks after this movie. :(

Same here... when I saw it, I was alone... in a theater with only a few people in there with me... it was a bit freaky like that, really messed me up for a few days afterwards. :lol

i thought it was an awesome movie. totally creeped me out when i first saw it. i keep telling myself to go out and buy the new blu ray, but its just too much for me to justify spending with all the other movies coming out.

I watch it whenever it's on.. never had any desire to own it though. It's cool to watch for free.. but not really worth $$$ imo. Plus the DVD won't have like "Areola 51" after the movie.. like Skinemax. I mean Cinemax. :naughty

Saw it last night...pretty much you guys summed the film up nicely. I actually was more creeped out than anything else. Like instead of some evil creature attacking them from inside the ship, it's more about the ship using the crew member's deepest fears. I actually think it had a Hellraisder vibe to it. Good film though. And yea, "^^^k this ship!" was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I remember watching this shortly after I watched in the mouth of madness back in the day. Thats another one that was pretty damn creepy at the time.

This was also creepy back in the day
B0000AOX0D.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think the movie is pretty horrible, and deserves the scorn, but it still worth watching. I saw it at the theater (cheap $1 show theater), and thought one particular line was one of the funniest I've seen on film.

Was it the "coffee" line?

There is a minor issue with the blu-ray in that the image is horizontally squished by about 5%, making everything seem a tad bit on the skinny side. I probably would have never noticed had I not read about it, but now that I'm aware of it, I notice it...however, it's only a minor annoyance.

Same here... when I saw it, I was alone... in a theater with only a few people in there with me... it was a bit freaky like that, really messed me up for a few days afterwards. :lol

Heh, I was by myself in a not so crowded theater the first time I saw it too. :lol Didn't really care for it but I will say it was probably the only movie other than The Exorcist that genuinely made my skin crawl when watching it for the first time as an adult. That scene where Sam Neil is in the shaft and the lights start going out...yikes.

Very bad movie, a kitschy rip-off of Solaris fused with cheap horror and ^^^^ty acting. Don't buy it.

Back