Event Horizon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LChinoz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is this movie any good? Please keep spoilers hidden if you choose to add them. I am thinking of blind buying this.

Great psychological sci-fi film. Probably Paul W.S. Anderson's best film (and that's not saying a whole lot).

I recommend watching Event Horizon now because later this year there will be a new sci fi movie called "Pandorum" that is supposedly very similar.

WORST MOVIE EVER !!!!

I can remember the night I first saw the "movie". I was 11 and my 20 year old cousin dragged me to an 10:45pm showing of the film. It freaked me out so much I didn't sleep for days and had nightmares about it :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

That being said, I rewatched it a couple of weeks ago and it isn't a horrible film. Pretty creepy atmosphere and gore.

And I think the best Anderson movie is Mortal Kombat IMO.....

I think the movie is pretty horrible, and deserves the scorn, but it still worth watching. I saw it at the theater (cheap $1 show theater), and thought one particular line was one of the funniest I've seen on film.

I thought it was very entertaining, good story, great effects, great acting, and great atmosphere.

HOWEVER, basicly the entire movie is unoriginal, and there are scenes that are DIRECTLY lifted from other movies. Some call those "homages" and some call it "steals"...

great movie ... underrated IMO ... :monkey1

Agreed... the first time I saw it, it really freaked me out. Recent viewings have shown it's age, and it's not as creepy to me anymore...

But definitely worth seeing and owning. Just watch it in complete darkness with the sound up and I promise you won't be disappointed. :duff

it's alright i bought it for 5 bucks that's about what it's worth. Nothing too original - you see everything coming - but it's a good cheap creepfest. Watch this movie late at night - it's a 2 in the morning type movie.

I saw this movie in the theater and it scared me more than any movie ever has. I didn't sleep for weeks after this movie. :(

It scared the crap out of me when it first hit VHS.

So I told some friends how scary it was, and we rented the DVD a couple of years ago. The whole time it was on we just made fun of how ^^^^ty it is. I wasn't allowed to pick the movie for a while.

Is this movie any good? Please keep spoilers hidden if you choose to add them. I am thinking of blind buying this.

This movie is ^^^^ing awesome! Go ahead and buy it,as it is a keeper.

Oh and it has a sequal......Sunshine. :lol Na just kidding Sunshine is nothing like this movie, until you get to the ending part, then it gets all Event Horizon on your ass! :D

Back