EU X-men vs. Sentinel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sad to say that my Sentinel head just won't work....I've tried all the tips here and on the statueforum, but no sigar.
I did get a very quick reply from Sideshow that I'll get a replacement. I do have to wait a couple of months, because there making a new one, but I can wait.

Great, great service from Sideshow!

rogueboy said:
I'm sad to say that my Sentinel head just won't work....I've tried all the tips here and on the statueforum, but no sigar.
I did get a very quick reply from Sideshow that I'll get a replacement. I do have to wait a couple of months, because there making a new one, but I can wait.

Great, great service from Sideshow!

You have to wait a couple of months:horror My mate Bosco has to send his back too. He will blow a gasket.:D

"they are making a new one"?? a few monts.. wow. that sux. :( too bad man..I 'm going to test mine again to make sure it really still works, also with the power instead of just batteries.

Too bad there's so much trouble with these. :monkey2

(off topic: I hate these smilies ! Where's the normal ones I use on every other forum??)

pitchin said:
do EU peeps still have to do the smash the piece thing?
Yeh, I do.....so Bullseye, no sending back for me ;).
Will be pretty strange, to smash it on purpose. Goed against everything I believe in ;)...
Anyway, until I get the replacement, I can put it on display (without the lights :eek: ...), so I'll just have a little patience. And I do mean it, when I sat that Sideshow has a great service. No hassles, they just offered a replacement within a day. That's great service.

By the way, my Doom came in today, so I'm still in awe and don't have time to whine :)...

Xeno said:
"they are making a new one"?? a few monts.. wow. that sux. :( too bad man..I 'm going to test mine again to make sure it really still works, also with the power instead of just batteries.

Too bad there's so much trouble with these. :monkey2

(off topic: I hate these smilies ! Where's the normal ones I use on every other forum??)

Yes, what a pity there are a lot of problems with this awesome piece. All of this makes me wonder again: are these high end collectibles not tested, before they are send on their way. I should ask SSC about this. Seems to me that I'm one of the privileged, since my X-men vs. Sentinel works fine. Didn't test the adapter thing though (don't want to risk blowing up my diorama!!). So I'm very curious what the outcome of your test will be. Keep us posted Xeno!!

Bear it mind that it's new for Sideshow too. I should expect that the problems will be solved with the release of the Hulk/Spidey.

I think when all is said and done this piece will be kept in a lot of collections as you actually had to work to get a properly working one.

I would never flip mine but some people that would may grow attached to it after all the trouble.

I have a hard time deciding which I love more, this or my Vader. That should just go to show how amazing this is. I too lucked out and got a perfectly working one. I however use the adapter. I guess I should try it with batteries to make sure though.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yes, what a pity there are a lot of problems with this awesome piece. All of this makes me wonder again: are these high end collectibles not tested, before they are send on their way. I should ask SSC about this. Seems to me that I'm one of the privileged, since my X-men vs. Sentinel works fine. Didn't test the adapter thing though (don't want to risk blowing up my diorama!!). So I'm very curious what the outcome of your test will be. Keep us posted Xeno!!

I few days later than planned but I finally tested it again this evening and I'm very happy to say it works perfectly! With the adapter. I just had to buy myself a little plug so it fits into my wallsocket (Dutch/European) and it all went well.

So now I have a great ,working, statue AND 6 spare AA GP Alkaline batteries! :D

Back