EU X-men vs. Sentinel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone of you EU guys that have received the diorama tried to connect the piece to a EU power outlet? Can't find any info on this. I'm worried about the 110V vs. 220V issue. If the piece only works with 110V, and can not be operated with batteries, we'll have to buy an adaptor (I know there is a Chicky thread about this, but it doesn't answer the question if the X-men diorama works on batteries). I haven't unpacked the diorama yet, so I don't know if there is room for batteries.

That's right, 6 batteries (included) go into the base. The piece works and looks "Marvelous". Fitting the Sentinel head on the arm is a bit tricky and must be done carefully. One more question remains though: will the adapter work here in Europe? It says 100-240V on the adapter... If anyone is brave enough to try it out... on your own risk!

Mine arrived yesterday with a HUGE problem ...:horror

Whilst trying to place the Colossus's leg into the correct position I noticed that the light fitting has been stuck in the wrong position in the base.. :banghead

Its out about 1/2 cm and there is NO chance of moving it as its been glued into place.. :banghead

So its off to SS customer Service again..:rolleyes:

WW :vader

Welsh Wizard said:
Mine arrived yesterday with a HUGE problem ...:horror

Whilst trying to place the Colossus's leg into the correct position I noticed that the light fitting has been stuck in the wrong position in the base.. :banghead

Its out about 1/2 cm and there is NO chance of moving it as its been glued into place.. :banghead

So its off to SS customer Service again..:rolleyes:

WW :vader

Sorry to hear that. You are apparently not the only one have "peg" problems with this piece. Colossus is a real peg buster, it seams. I was looking for info about the power supply of this diorama, and what I found (besides some answers of course) where people having problems with this diorama: connectivity, position of the pegs... That makes me wonder: aren't these pieces tested before they leave the "factory"??
The more features a statue has, the more can go wrong, I know that. For this X-men vs. Sentinel exclusive diorama I would have wished to have a little instruction sheet. Some practical words indicating where to find the on/off switch for instance. I remember that SSC had a instruction page on the website for the assemblage of the Big Sauron which I found very helpful. Perhaps this could also be done for this diorama, since I didn't find any practical info on the site.

I 've got mine as well today. Part from a "minor " flaw in the painting somewhere, it is ok! :cool: O hwait, I haven't tried the lights yet on "normal electricity"... only with the batteries (wich are included) and it worked. I bought a special plug so the U.S. plug will no fit in our wallsocket.

I haven't tried it yet, will do so tomorrow probably (the statue is already in the box again) but as far as I can understand the thing works with 220voltage. On the plug/connector/adapter (what's it called??) that comes with it, it says: 110-250 volts. So I guess SS already took us Europeans into account. Nevertheless, I really would have liked some piece of paper with the statue that made it clear wether or not it will work with our voltage. An instruction sheet for putting the whole thin together is a bit overdone I think. it isn't that hard to figure out really. ;)

About the big head: 1st time I placed it, it looked as if the lights in the eyes wouldn't work. Then I just hit the head so to speak, with my flat hand, to put it somewhat firmer in it's position. And voila! There goes the eyes! :) When I took it off again and put it back on , to check if it would still work , I again had to put it in it's position really firm!! Just gave it a little "smash" on the head and it worked. I think it is because of the metal "pegs" that doesn't connect well enough otherwise. So perhaps that's something worthwile to think of.
PLEASE BE CAREFULL! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BROKEN STATUES BECAUSE OF SENTINEL-HEADSMASHING! :)

Also: Be carefull with the Sentinel head because the "wires" and all kind of "metal pieces" that are on the bottom of the head, will ALMOST touch Collossus on his shoulder/neck when you put the head on his arm. If you 're not paying attention you can easily damage Collossus with those things that stick out..

And yes, dvd 4 included. :)

Last edited:
Mine lit perfectly first time and looks even better! Luckily no problems with pegs or connections. To turn on again I have to push the button 3 times though. Does everyone have to do this?

Mine arrived yesterday! Really beautiful! I love the hypnotic flashing of the eyes. :google

My gf hates it. So it is really a must have. :naughty

There is a cheap adapter for the power connection available. It should work in the netherlands. Its only a plug in.

Cant wait to see Spidie and Hulk.

Dom

crazy collector said:
Mine lit perfectly first time and looks even better! Luckily no problems with pegs or connections. To turn on again I have to push the button 3 times though. Does everyone have to do this?

Nope, only one push should do it.

Bullseye said:
Ditto. This is the first DVD i've gotten from SS.

1st DVD I get too, and the X-men Vs Sentinel diorama is..... don't have words to describe it!!!

THANKS SIDESHOW!!!

Luca

anakin1138 said:
1st DVD I get too, and the X-men Vs Sentinel diorama is..... don't have words to describe it!!!

THANKS SIDESHOW!!!

Luca

How long will the batteries last? I really love this flashing.... :google

crazy collector said:

Nope, but I have noticed that the on/off button on my diorama is kinda wiggly. (Is that supposed to be so?) Perhaps that wiggling causes your button to work a bit faulty?

Domer said:
How long will the batteries last? I really love this flashing.... :google

Actually we can turn it on until It goes off (batteries die), that's the way to know how much time batteries will last... well I'm not gonna do it, would you? :D :D :D

Let's get back serious, I love the light up flashing too, really well done, I would like to keep it always on, we could use the power supply... but If one day an overcharge of electricity :horror ... we better use batteries...

Back