Ep 2 Phase 1 Clone bodysuit discolouration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DANG! Yes, send them these pics, and thanks for posting yours. I can't see anything funny looking with the suit, but WOW the armor has turned badly. Where do you display your figures? Is this the only areas turning, or is the other arm or legs showing the staining like this?

Anyone else care to share some pics? These look different than mine and I'm interested in how other figures look.

Please? :)

Still no word back from Dan @ SS. Anyone hear anything else? I have the feeling they are hoping we all just buy replacement suits and forget about this. I'm going to call or e-mail again in the next day or so. I'll keep you posted. Imagine all the other folks that bought this and don't even realize this is happening under the armor! Glad to be part of this forum!

I'll write back again as well, and let you all know what happens.

In the meantime... PICS PLEASE??

Pretty PLEASE!? :pray:

This is the only pic I took and sent, although the stuff is present elsewhere on the suit. This was just the most obvious place and where it was photographing well without taking off armor.

You can see the plastic still on the arm. This figure has never been displayed, and was never even out of the box until I saw this thread.

Still no word back from Dan @ SS. Anyone hear anything else? I have the feeling they are hoping we all just buy replacement suits and forget about this.

That would be uniquely poor customer service, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. They did say they would look into it and decide how to handle it.

Still no word back from Dan @ SS. Anyone hear anything else? I have the feeling they are hoping we all just buy replacement suits and forget about this. I'm going to call or e-mail again in the next day or so. I'll keep you posted. Imagine all the other folks that bought this and don't even realize this is happening under the armor! Glad to be part of this forum!

That would be uniquely poor customer service, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. They did say they would look into it and decide how to handle it.

Yes, it's been a while since they told me they were going to look into it. They don't have the "we are too busy with Comic Con" excuse anymore. It does feel like they are hoping we let it go. I too will write to them again, but I can't help to feel frustrated. This situation sucks.

I got this email from Daniel at Sideshow, looks like replacements will be given afterall, WOOT WOOT:

Dear Jason

Thank you very much for your patience. We have examined you photos and we see your concerns with this item. We do have a replacement body suit for the Phase 1 Clone Trooper that we will be able to provide for any exchange. However, because your item was not purchased directly through Sideshow Collectibles you would be responsible for the cost of shipping for this item. If this is what you would like to do, please follow the steps below so we can best assist you.

1) REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS: We will need your up to date shipping address so that we an accurate shipping quote for the replacement suit.

2) UPDATE/CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE WITH SIDESHOW: Please make sure that you correct shipping address and contact information is up to date on the Sideshow Collectibles website. If you do not have an account with us currently, you will need to create one. You can do this at the following link.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/adduser.cgi

Once we receive your address and you have updated your online account, we will email you the shipping quote. You will need to approve this charge so that we may complete the transaction with your credit card on file. After the shipping costs have been charged, your replacement part will be shipped to you.

Please note that you will have to open the armor of your Clone Trooper to remove and replace your damaged body suit.

We thank you for your cooperation during our returns process. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

well,to all of those who did not buy directly from sideshow(which are probably most of us around the world)this means: we have to pay extra shipping for a production failure to be repaired:slap:gah::slap:cuckoo:

well,to all of those who did not buy directly from sideshow(which are probably most of us around the world)this means: we have to pay extra shipping for a production failure to be repaired:slap:gah::slap:cuckoo:
Sounds like you need to take that up with the place you bought it. If they are retailer they should be able to get it from SS then it's up to them how they want to handle it. If they won't do anything for you find a new retailer.

Well, I got the exact same email. What I want to know is, are they replacing the vinyl decaying suit with another vinyl suit, or a new fabric one?

If its another vinyl suit, then NO THANKS! :slap

Well, I got the exact same email. What I want to know is, are they replacing the vinyl decaying suit with another vinyl suit, or a new fabric one?

If its another vinyl suit, then NO THANKS! :slap

Good point, I'm sure you've probably sent him a reply with that question--will watch closely. I haven't checked mine yet but I'd like them replaced regardless.

C'mon, Sideshow is not that stupid, I am certain that they will give us cloth bodysuit replacements. I highly doubt that they have a surplus of old clone body suits, we will be getting the new cloth suits and its gonna be cheap to ship. Relax, they are gonna take care of there customers. :pray::pray::pray:

i wonder if it's too late to jump on this bandwagon, I've got a few clones that could use replacement suits....
And a certian jedi general...

i wonder if it's too late to jump on this bandwagon, I've got a few clones that could use replacement suits....
And a certian jedi general...

Don't think it's really a bandwagon. If you got a defective phase 1 clone you gotta take it apart and take pics and send them in. They won't just send out suits. I also had to send them the purchase reference info. Theirs as well as the secondary retailer I used. Just wanted to clarify. They are doing right by those affected if you can prove it. ( understandable given the time frame involved) Great customer service

Not gonna go thru this right now as my Phase I grunt was bought from a local source and isn't even on display right now. Still, That would be great if Sideshow were to concider selling those new suits in the near future. I know i'd buy a few to update my older troops.

Not gonna go thru this right now as my Phase I grunt was bought from a local source and isn't even on display right now. Still, That would be great if Sideshow were to concider selling those new suits in the near future. I know i'd buy a few to update my older troops.

I'm looking at materials and such to make them as we speak. Hoping to start producing some in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

So, has anybody heard anything lately? I got the email and replied to it with my shipping address on 8/15, but have never received a reply with the shipping quote for me to approve.

Back