Enterbay: Scarface "Respect Version"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY opinion peterparker is don't listen to shadowfla for any input cause he'll steer you in one BIG circle!^_^

:pfft: ok ceeemor, still continue to keep yours figures with all defects you could find and don't worry, don't speak about them never...You haven't any interest to the improvement

Off topic, I can't decide between BW Scarface, EB War version or EB respect version... Help me!

for me the best decision is BW & EB war version...and if you are very ,very lucky to find spare parts, you could choose form an EB respect head with Eb body and BW white suit with BW shoulder holster and throne

don't misunderstand me, EB respect head is beautiful but is more like tony montana the BW one...

I just ordered the War version, might get the Blitzway version too. Thing about these figures that I don't like is that they look so much better on the announcement pictures than in photos taken by collectors. I'll just have to wait for them and see them for myself.

Off topic, I can't decide between BW Scarface, EB War version or EB respect version... Help me!

The pros and cons of each have been discussed a fair bit already in the respective threads, but summing up: each set offers something different. They all have their shortcomings and strengths, but imo not one of the single sets provides the definitive Tony Montana.

I prefer the BW version, and the single biggest factor for me is the expression. Not fussed about the costume (I replaced it with a TTL dark suit), love the chair, body is average and hands are limited.

Respect version: spot-on likeness but with an expression that imo is so out of character as to be useless. Sunglasses a must. Accessories minimal. Suit ok but not as good as BW's. Excellent paint.

War version: likeness not as good as Respect version, but expression a lot better, if a bit limited. Accessories good, suit ok and paint excellent.

I'm in the minority in preferring the BW version. The majority view appears to be that the War version is the one to get.

I just ordered the War version, might get the Blitzway version too. Thing about these figures that I don't like is that they look so much better on the announcement pictures than in photos taken by collectors. I'll just have to wait for them and see them for myself.

The War version looks better in-hand than in the official pics :)

I prefer the BW version, and the single biggest factor for me is the expression. Not fussed about the costume (I replaced it with a TTL dark suit), love the chair, body is average and hands are limited.

Yeah I like it too very much, but from the pictures I've seen by collectors it looks nothing like the announcement pictures. Does it really look this good in-hand?

39579_467999954584_329989274584_5485820_205095_n.jpg

The War version looks better in-hand than in the official pics :)

:yess: Awesome, can't wait for it to arrive!

Yeah I like it too very much, but from the pictures I've seen by collectors it looks nothing like the announcement pictures. Does it really look this good in-hand?

The paint does not look as good as that in hand, but it is still an excellent paint app that holds its own next to any HT figure. Not a patch on either of the EB paint apps, but I am happy to prioritise expression over paint.

I'm probably gonna still keep the box mint.

Also, shadow posts like no other company has launched things with defects except Enterbay.

You guys should learn to stop responding to his troll posts. Dude posts like he's the only person who got defected parts and has to make it known to the entire world that he's a victim 24/7. He repeats his posts pretty much four times out of five regarding anything he doesn't look.

Yeah, keeping the box mint is a good idea. Having said that though, I think I've got more mint boxes lying around than I do figures in or out of them! Still, they are a good place to store loose parts, after all that's what they were made for.

Over time the Respect version has grown on me and I'm sure I'll love it in hand.

:pfft: ok ceeemor, still continue to keep yours figures with all defects you could find and don't worry, don't speak about them never...You haven't any interest to the improvement

I'm probably gonna still keep the box mint.

Also, shadow posts like no other company has launched things with defects except Enterbay.

You guys should learn to stop responding to his troll posts. Dude posts like he's the only person who got defected parts and has to make it known to the entire world that he's a victim 24/7. He repeats his posts pretty much four times out of five regarding anything he doesn't look.
:exactly::lol

@Dracula-The BW sculpt unfortunately doesn't come with the paint work like the proto but it's still good.I think the reason why it looks off in some PICS. is because of the eyes.They painted them IMO looking to far up so when the head is placed in a normal position his eyes look like they're rolling up.Personally,i like the War version from Enterbay for the crazy war face that they sculpted.That was the main reason why i sold my BW figure.I think what Lejuan said pretty much sums it up on the matter so CONGRATS on whatever figure you decide on gettin!^_^

If Electric Wookster had posted his review a week or two later I might well have gone for the Blitzway one. You got a lot of gear for the money that was for sure.

This figure is fun.

I ordered mine directly from Enterbay. Funny thing is I wasn't even shopping for a new figure however, after accidentally viewing Pitu's video review of the new 1/4 scale T-800 on Youtube, my interest in what Enterbay was currently producing as a company drove me to take a visit to their website. Once I saw the photos of Scarface it wasn't a difficult decision to place my order. What made my decision even easier was the free shipping being offered. Now that's a deal. Who likes to pay international shipping?

Then the waiting began. It's a long flight out of Hong Kong to California. But finally, it came. My neighbors must have enjoyed watching my OCD like behavior as I checked the front stoop for a package every couple of hours.

The box is nice. It's clean, it's classy, and it's easy to open. It closes shut with a flap that has magnets inside of it. When you open it you will see the accessories on one side in a plastic tray with a clear plastic cover encasing it and then a sheet of grey-ish foam on the other side. Lift that foam and bam - Al Pacino as Scarface. Pulling him from his foam fitted resting place was as easy as just wanting to do it. No snags. I like this foam idea. It reminds me of the stuff they put on the walls in music studios to control the sound from bouncing back. It seems to fit a collectible in almost every aspect, better than plastic trays and zip ties for sure.

Paint is pretty realistic in person. My girlfriend and I were both impressed and we were left questioning how do they do that? You may find yourself pondering how much cocaína has my figure done after studying the eyes. They are a somewhat muddy, slightly vein-ier than average. Some people may be left wanting a different look, perhaps like the rolling eyes that Hot Toys uses on some of their figures.

I really like the tattoo on his hand. Adds realism and screen accuracy, both good things when you are a man that displays dolls in your home. At least you can point out the reasons this Scarface figure is the coolest one that exists.

The clothes are getting better. With this scale it's probably a tough battle to win because you can't really shrink down the textures of fabrics, you can only choose ones that match the original material and that work well enough. Doesn't matter too much because the suit works with this figure especially after you work with it a little. Cotten balls pulled apart and stuffed to fill the jacket just a bit may be helpful if you want a bit more out of it all when on display.

Accessories? Yes, just enough. Gun, cash, sunglasses, lit cigar, a watch, a silencer - I don't think that's TM's style but why not. The sunglasses can be a bit tricky. I try not to be forceful, I got mine to fit in the holes but thought they looked a bit lopsided so I opted to just leave one side out and rested it on his hair. I never use a figure stand, I think they are lame. So all I can say is that it comes with one. 4 pairs of hands, each different from the next but still quality painted. However my Scarface will be holding a gun in these paranoid times.

Body has a rubber chest with some chest hair painted on. Cool. An additional touch towards realism and a step away from Ken status.

K. This post went on for too long. If you aren't a reader then here are some pictures you filthy illiterate. ;)

Peace Sauce.

scarface1.jpg

scarface2.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

scarface3.jpg

Just wanted to give an update, I received my replacement the other day from BBTS(again I have to commend them on great CS) the figure is perfect, no marks on the face and the body isn't loose like the first one, I'm a happy man.

Darn. I thought they would've shipped my piece before holidays. Just got tracking number for it. -_-

Back