Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean it's $400 at BBTS. Don't know what the direct pre order price at Enterbay is. I'd say no more than $300. I think it will even be less. But I guess we'll see.
How much is shipping from Enterbay?
And will they mark things down for customs?

Looking at their newer 1/6 figures, they seem to be charging $45 for shipping. I think that's worldwide shipping.

Contact EB directly to see what they can do for you, concerning valuing your figure :D

The stormtoys jordan looks pretty good.

562261_522530354452669_101651346_n.jpg

keep checking BBTS... i thought i missed out also but a few days later it was open for preorder again and it has been on and off preorder for days... keep checking.

i would be surprised if EB sells them for more than $300 on their site (even though they can). $400 for the #45 pre-order, no thanks. Maybe for the #23, maybe.

The one from Bill is the new goatee one, just a dark pic:
8581623397_c23ed85a56_o.jpg

I'm curious, how does EB produce each portrait? Are they hand painted by a group of artists or are they painted via some sort of factory automated process? The head/face detail is insane and amazing, but was wondering how the process is to get them to all look this good. Anyone know?

Not for #23 either. Crazy price for molded plastic.

no, its not molded plastic, thats the problem, its really art!

can anyone mold plastic and make it look like this? NO, its the art of the sculpt and then even more so the paint application.

People spend thousands of dollars on paintings which are just paint and a canvas, those supplies are even cheaper than plastic, much cheaper.

People spend hundreds and even thousands for REPRINTS of art that is just a printer (fancy one at that) throwing ink onto paper or a canvas.

Thats how I compare these figures, to art lithographs, its just a reproduction but its art, looks awesome and in this case is a limited edition. I just sold one of my hot toys figures for $400 which will pay for this Jordan, and looking at both of them I would much rather have the Jordan (assuming there are no QC issues like broken joints or leg length issues) :wink1:

no, its not molded plastic, thats the problem, its really art!

can anyone mold plastic and make it look like this? NO, its the art of the sculpt and then even more so the paint application.

People spend thousands of dollars on paintings which are just paint and a canvas, those supplies are even cheaper than plastic, much cheaper.

People spend hundreds and even thousands for REPRINTS of art that is just a printer (fancy one at that) throwing ink onto paper or a canvas.

Thats how I compare these figures, to art lithographs, its just a reproduction but its art, looks awesome and in this case is a limited edition. I just sold one of my hot toys figures for $400 which will pay for this Jordan, and looking at both of them I would much rather have the Jordan (assuming there are no QC issues like broken joints or leg length issues) :wink1:

Can I borrow your soap box for a minute...

Everything you said is true, from your point of view of course. The original value of these figures should hold up over time but like anything else the more they make the less value they hold. I don't want to $h!t on anyone's purchase of this Jordan because I would buy it if $400 was nothing to me. But let's not fool ourselfs either...

mona lisa is goin to hold her value a lot longer than Jordan.

#23 will really pi$$ me off its sold for more than $250! I do feel they will try for $299 and I really want a red #23 but come the F on! Really?! The prices on these figures in just the 3+ years I have been collecting has gone through the roof!!

Ya the face detail and paint jobs have deffinetly increased 1000%. The original T2 from HT brought me into this hobby. It was and is still amazing! It also cost me $169? Don't tell me the quality has gotten any better since either. That figure is still one of the best made. So why have prices doubled??

Profit margin. Simple... Supply and demand. But what happens when the supply just keeps coming? There is a lot of Jordan's coming our way for my understanding..

Can I borrow your soap box for a minute...

Everything you said is true, from your point of view of course. The original value of these figures should hold up over time but like anything else the more they make the less value they hold. I don't want to $h!t on anyone's purchase of this Jordan because I would buy it if $400 was nothing to me. But let's not fool ourselfs either...

mona lisa is goin to hold her value a lot longer than Jordan.

#23 will really pi$$ me off its sold for more than $250! I do feel they will try for $299 and I really want a red #23 but come the F on! Really?! The prices on these figures in just the 3+ years I have been collecting has gone through the roof!!

Ya the face detail and paint jobs have deffinetly increased 1000%. The original T2 from HT brought me into this hobby. It was and is still amazing! It also cost me $169? Don't tell me the quality has gotten any better since either. That figure is still one of the best made. So why have prices doubled??

Profit margin. Simple... Supply and demand. But what happens when the supply just keeps coming? There is a lot of Jordan's coming our way for my understanding..

Iron Man figures, they keep coming and reproductions keep coming but values still hold high (above original prices). I don't think the Jordan #23 will be over $300, but I did see that Enterbay just increased the price of Kobe on their website from $180 to $200, and LeBron will probably be the same. Jordan will probalby be $250 and only come with one head sculpt, they also had to buy a seperate license from Upper Deck for him (compared to just the NBA license for LeBron and Kobe).

Also please remember the distributors probably make MORE $ on each figure than Enterbay does. The retail is typically a 50%+ markup on these figures. and Enterbay has all the ocean freight, customs to deal with. On a $200 figure for instance, the cost to BBTS is around $120-$130, so they make $70-$80 profit. Now Enterbay might get $120 for it, but they have ALL the costs involved with production and shipping it overseas, at best they make the same as distributors, of course that is different if you buy from them direct, then its all $$$ in their pockets.

Disagree about Hot Toys and there value, they are dropping, 1 because there is now soooo many its silly, and also everyone knows there is a risk they will release another figure to better the one you just bought at some point.
Although retail still try to keep the prices up, example DX02, I saw this recently go for in an auction £220 when a little over a year ago it would command £350
Another example, you can barely give away the original Iron Man I & the new version 2.0 when the original used to command over £400

In my opinion Hot Toys have shot themselves in the foot and I think they realize this, thats why they are diversifying in to Diecast, maybe this time they wont redo a figure and piss everyone off who bought the first, but hey this is Hot Toys :cuckoo:

You're comparing two figures that have had updated versions released though, of course the prices for the originals would drop when there's better versions out. The same thing happened with their Predators.

My point is that you never know which one is going to be next to be updated, I suppose thats why they no longer reach the levels they did before.
I doubt they ever will, people won't pay them high prices anymore, it would be stupid.

Its one of the main reasons I have sold off my entire collection apart from a few which are SDCC exclusives which I'm hoping they won't **** with.

I welcome the Diecast as I really cant see them going back to update them apart from sculpts as its a lot more difficult.

Oh and its happening with not just those, but the Predators, Celtic, Chopper etc, Robocop, Ed 209.
Although the retail sellers are trying to keep them high just watch what they go for in auctions, I do and its nothing like they used to.

Last edited:
I disagree about HTs prices are dropping because Hawkeye and Nick Fury are getting $300+ right now. Black Widow is going up. Im sure Loki will be expensive once he's released and sold out....maybe Cap & Thor wont be as much since there will be more of them produced probably, but its risky if your in this hobby thinking these are investment pieces then your most likely going to be disappointed because things can go up & down in price any given day. Its better to collect because you enjoy the characters & movies. These are high end collectibles yes and they are expensive to buy yes, but you can't bank on anything holding value because you never know. Its a risk when buying anything expecting it to be worth tons in the future. Its better to collect and enjoy them. I have the first Batman Begins HTs Tumbler, and i saw it was going for $1000-$1500 at one point, but no way i was selling it because i enjoy having it because i love the films. If its worth $50 or $1000 i dont really care.

But i guess we all collect for different reasons. :)

I think that's the difference between real collectors and casual buyers like me who just wants to own something to put on display now. I'm not thinking about its value in 10, 20 years from now. I don't treat it like an investment. Probably why I can't justify paying that much for a toy.

Back