Enterbay: GODFATHER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say, with a repaint the EB sculpt does look really good... I'm actually surprised to say that, but I guess even great paint from them can be improved.

Although I still don't think I've seen a Bauer repaint.

That repaint looks like a little mini human lol but something still looks kind of wonky. The right eye (our) and overly chubbyness i think. But man the eyes look much better.

I thought EB said Vito was on a new body? It just looks like a regular RM1 body (same one used on Bean, Bauer, Jet, etc) with a fat suit. The neck is too thin for a character like Vito.

20090809_29f348176a25eed87c36qYXePfIme9uJ.jpg

Its amazing how well the EB Don perfectly captures Brando's sense of Down Syndrome and the cat looks like a real fake 1:6 cat thing...

Its amazing how well the EB Don perfectly captures Brando's sense of Down Syndrome and the cat looks like a real fake 1:6 cat thing...
What in tarnashion? Both barrells ya say.

2ni8dc8.gif

Chattanoogee? Charge! The first dang Mormon to step out of that dugout gets his head blasted off. Ooooooo I hates Mormons. Mormons is sooooo stooopid.

I was never happy w/what WB turned the Tazmanian Devil into... I like him spinning, violent and w/no discernible speech.

Overall. Easily.

I prefer EB's packaging. Thick cardboard, better use of space. Foam inserts. Hot Toys is more dramatic in appearance, but cheap on materials. Plastic. Flocked, but cheap.

The cats are on par. EB's just has a bigger head with added whiskers. The chair looks nicer and is more regal even though it's all plastic. The EB version is a mix of metal and plastic and the tan colour isn't as pleasing to the eye. The seat of EB's chair is square, where the HT is trapezoid. Which is much nicer, and gives it a larger and better display appearance.

The material of the costume on HT's is more forgiving photographically and in it's ability to reject creasing, due to it's velvety nature. EB uses a synthetic which reflects light, amplifying creases but is more representative of cloth in this scale. The shirt collar and bow tie are nicer on the HT figure.

Standing next to each other, EB's is a more diminutive figure. This combined with the narrowness of the shoulders gives him a more paunch look. The narrowness of the shoulders is the same for HT, it's because of them wearing the body suits. What happened to the new RM body EB?

I found the sculpts comparative. I prefer the EB sculpt. It has a more natural colour. The greying temples seem too pronounced. My HT figure is more gently blended. They're all slightly different when you look at the mass production photo. The EB head is positioned on the neck, the base of the neck being one piece with the body, but even so it cannot look upwards and, thus, is more limited. The HT is a one piece head and neck with a join at the body. The advantage of this is the seamless sculpt and the join is hidden, and is more versatile, although a little long.

EB's good points. Better face sculpt and paint. Better materials for box, chair and figure body. Better scaled cloth. Has a belt. Comes with a nice pen and a set of Godfather postcards as extra's.

EB's bad points. Chair has a square design that makes it look awkward and too small when the figure is seated. The material of the suit is such that any wrinkle which occurs naturally just adds to the overall disheaveled look. The way the head is attached to the neck stump is more unsightly than the HT's version and still doesn't maintain good articulation. The greying of the hair is too stark. The shoes are a reissue. They're the same as Kato's and Mr Beans. The EB gold metal CoA isn't even numbered, so really didn't need to be included.

HT's good points. The greying hair is natural and subtle. Material of suit disguises wrinkles and doesn't look as ruffled. Waist coat has the leather strap coming from his waistcoat pocket. Huge box is impressive. Chair is a better design, colour and is actually padded. Comes with a glass, second stand/base, two more hands than EB's, and cardboard backdrop as extra's.

HT's bad points. Face is painted too dark. Eyes have a distant shocked gaze. Neck is too long. Pants fly is velcroe. Dogs heads on chair are glossy and plastic looking.

Standing next to each other EB's is 11 1/2 inches tall. HT is 11 3/4 inches tall. The Enterbay figure looks much smaller because of the narrower shoulders and better scaled suit material is slimming. The Hot Toys looks more toad like because of the thicker material of the suit, which gives an overall bulkier bigger impression. The HT neck makes for the 1/4 inch height difference.

Overall the Hot Toys figure looks and gives the impression of being nicer and is better value for money.

Back