Enterbay: GODFATHER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the enterbay sculpt looks too fat, or something, something's off. Judging by the proto pics I'm sure to choose HT, but what will factory paint be like? I think this is definitely one to decide on once the boxes start arriving and collectors pics hit the boards...

The hands and cat of the enterbay version are a lot better though.

Something about the forehead and hair is off - it's a little too large, too round?? Something anyway. The face is superb.

Some more, from Toy-World also
20090210_e209abd21e10927860364tqv6s89dEz6.jpg

20090210_b364e39aa400a0a308c1vppetOLWdVXn.jpg

20090210_14c14b1c70a3bf77347briZHSKw8KCbz.jpg

20090210_7cf74aca509a734850abr7vTQrcJkSKj.jpg

20090210_38dbaf5c3706a2830510eFJJ1wLZusxI.jpg

Looks really nice! I love being able to pick from the two best 1:6 companies out there. In hand pics will determine it but right now HT edges EB out for me on this one.

I agree with the forehead (too big) comment. I prefer the Hot Toys version.

Well, I had points with Sideshow, so I pre-ordered HT's Vito (had it plus Blacula for $108!), an oportunity I couldn't pass. So I won't buy Enterbay's Vito, but seriously, that HS makes HT's fig look like an amateur sculpt!
The battle is raging, but so far, Enterbay is a clear winner!!!!!

There are a few things that are setting this likeness off, all in all it looks good but nowhere as good as HT's imo. The jaw is too big, his hairline is too far back and the eyes are too squinty.

I think we have two exceptional sculpts from two exceptional companies, I have been tooing and frowing between the pics available and I seriously think this battle lays squarely in the hands of the production paint application. It'll make or break the deal for many, and we won't know till some are in hand!

It'll be a tough decision for most. HT's outfit is better than EB's IMHO. The HT tie, shirt buttons and jacket fit look nicer to me. Plus it's cheaper than EB's.

I think EB's chair, cat and hand sculpts are better than HT's.

It'll be a tough decision for most. HT's outfit is better than EB's IMHO. The HT tie, shirt buttons and jacket fit look nicer to me. Plus it's cheaper than EB's.

Actually I prefer everything about the EB version over the HT with the exception of the chair and price. HT's chair has more detail... the seat is actually creased. Unless, the EB version comes with actual cloth material, and if it's made of wood... OH MY! EB ALL THE WAY!!!

But HT still has a winner with their Godfather, and they are still my favorite company for high end 1/6th scale figures.

I'm going with Enterbay.
Haven't been disappointed with them yet (have 4 Bruce Lee and 1 Jet Li)

But thats the proto so of course its going to look like a better fit, odds are
it will not look like that when production comes along.

HT`s Godfather has better likeness while i think Enterbay`s look more Human like.

Overall Realism:Enterbay
Likeness:Hot Toys

Tough decision for fans though,i wont bother getting this one as i am not a fan.

I'm going with the HT version. More accurate and a bit cheaper. If Enterbay came with something that just blew HT's version out of the water, it'd be a different story. but based on promo pics, Hot Toys nailed the character, headsculpt and all.

The trouble with Hot Toys is, they probably run the edition size depending on pre-orders. So waiting for in hand pics is some what perilous. On the other hand, if you miss out you will know how many Enterbay plan to make in advance and will more than likely have adequate time to pick it up, after in hand pics of Hot Toys are posted, when it may be too late and sold out.

I do think the Enterbay figure looks more realistic, but the bow tie is incorrect and he needs more greying on the temples. The button on his shirt looks too prominent also, though Hot Toys looks to have too many buttons. You can at least be confident that Enterbays body will be solid and wont suffer from breaking wrist posts. At this stage it's too close to call, and after in hand pics and discussions take place, I'll be happy if Enterbay wins out and there's still plenty of them around to purchase. I'd rather that and miss out on the pen than try to get the SS exclusive with dubious hat. Which they will undoubtedly fix, I'd reckon.

Back