Enterbay - GiRLFRiEND - Beauty Doll Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I support this initative as it should help erase the stigma that collecting 1/6 dolls is for creepy weirdos.

:D

All the comments about being weird.... coming from guys with collections I bet consist of 90% Male figures!!

A bit of babe action is needed to balance it out!!

I support this initative as it should help erase the stigma that collecting 1/6 dolls is for creepy weirdos.

sarcasm-detector.png

All the comments about being weird.... coming from guys with collections I bet consist of 90% Male figures!!

A bit of babe action is needed to balance it out!!

That would be a little true if they were figures of Lara Croft, chick from Underworld or The Bride from Kill Bill. Not figures from a "Girlfriend - Beauty Doll collection"

That would be a little true if they were figures of Lara Croft, chick from Underworld or The Bride from Kill Bill. Not figures from a "Girlfriend - Beauty Doll collection"

Agree. I would buy all three of those you mentioned but no interest in girlfriend dolls.

You know what? This line would be pretty successful if they did the leading ladies from all of the big action films.

Imagine an Enterbay:
Natalie Portman for your SW/Thor line
Gwyneth Paltrow for your IM line
Emma Stone for your Spidey line
January Jones for your X-Men line
Hayley Atwell for your Captain America line

etc...

Kind of sad there all from Marvel movies, I'm sure there are way more deserving lady characters out there that should be done before our comic heroes love interests, because thats really all those girls are...zzzzzzz.

I support this initiative as it should help reinforce the stigma that collecting 1/6 dolls is for creepy weirdos. Here we have a forum where we all circle-jerk over each member's latest figure, tenderly posed and lovingly photographed for everyone's collective pleasure. We watch in delight and ooh and aah as some skilled modder crafts a pair of movie accurate Joker socks to allow their fellow collectors to properly dress up their dollies. We rejoice in the digitally-creative efforts of nitpickers who post photoshop comparisons of the prototype and how the sculpt should look.

But ooooooh nooooooo, along comes a female figure that doesn't conform to the Hollywood action-babe mold and up goes the chorus of protestation and ridicule from the machismo-challenged cheap seats. Classic :lol

This line has a lot of potential. The females released so far in high end 1/6 figures have mostly been pretty lame so I'm looking forward in seeing what Enterbay has to offer. I'm getting so tired of American summer action films or Bruce Lee. It's nice to see figures of other people.

I find it hilarious people are hating on this for being "weird" though. These are the same guys who collect 1/6 figures of Stalin or likeness of a middle aged actor in spandex. These are figure and that's really all there is to it. They are picking attractive female actresses or models because they can and we collect them because the figure looks good or appealing. It doesn't matter what gender or where the origins are in the end of the day you grab figures because they appeal to you either via the license or the actual figure. As for the title, the usage of English words is going to vary greatly across cultures. If you know anything about Japan, you'll end up being exposed to all sorts of companies and trademarks and lineups of things that use English words and phrases that someone from America or England might think to be awkward or unfitting. It doesn't matter. Girlfriend Beauty Doll Collection. What's the problem? It's a collection of beautiful women that many would want to be their girlfriends. Is that so hard?

I support this initiative as it should help reinforce the stigma that collecting 1/6 dolls is for creepy weirdos. Here we have a forum where we all circle-jerk over each member's latest figure, tenderly posed and lovingly photographed for everyone's collective pleasure. We watch in delight and ooh and aah as some skilled modder crafts a pair of movie accurate Joker socks to allow their fellow collectors to properly dress up their dollies. We rejoice in the digitally-creative efforts of nitpickers who post photoshop comparisons of the prototype and how the sculpt should look.

But ooooooh nooooooo, along comes a female figure that doesn't conform to the Hollywood action-babe mold and up goes the chorus of protestation and ridicule from the machismo-challenged cheap seats. Classic :lol

This line has a lot of potential. The females released so far in high end 1/6 figures have mostly been pretty lame so I'm looking forward in seeing what Enterbay has to offer. I'm getting so tired of American summer action films or Bruce Lee. It's nice to see figures of other people.

I find it hilarious people are hating on this for being "weird" though. These are the same guys who collect 1/6 figures of Stalin or likeness of a middle aged actor in spandex. These are figure and that's really all there is to it. They are picking attractive female actresses or models because they can and we collect them because the figure looks good or appealing. It doesn't matter what gender or where the origins are in the end of the day you grab figures because they appeal to you either via the license or the actual figure. As for the title, the usage of English words is going to vary greatly across cultures. If you know anything about Japan, you'll end up being exposed to all sorts of companies and trademarks and lineups of things that use English words and phrases that someone from America or England might think to be awkward or unfitting. It doesn't matter. Girlfriend Beauty Doll Collection. What's the problem? It's a collection of beautiful women that many would want to be their girlfriends. Is that so hard?

:exactly: 'Me thinks they protest too much.'

If the announcement was phrased as "Enterbay is proud to announce a new series of realistic female figures", the response would be phenomenal.

But because it was phrased as "Meet my Girlfriend" everyone is wharrgarbling.

Now get back to playing with your muscle bodies. . .

Back