Enterbay - Game Of Death - Bruce Lee (75th Anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the iconic look of bruce for me.EB maybe have tried for this look,but as I have said previously the mouth shape is wrong IMO.

this is the iconic look of bruce for me.EB maybe have tried for this look,but as I have said previously the mouth shape is wrong IMO.

I agree but for those who are not diehard Bruce Lee fan's can't tell the difference between the true iconic look and something that appears to have the iconic look if you know what I mean Chris.:wink1:

It's not just the mouth, the proportions look similar to Big Boss normal sculpt, just skinnier face and better hair.

This new release, from the side it looks ok. From the front it looks bad. At certain angles as long as it is not full frontal it has some likeness, but not enough.

:lol know what you mean buddy.had this sculpt come with the ''whistle''shaped lips,then I think it may have made a better impact than it has,coming from a diehard BL fan,i'm just tired of getting let down by EB again.
and surly they didn't rehash that big boss sculpt.....then again:wink1:

It's not just the mouth, the proportions look similar to Big Boss normal sculpt, just skinnier face and better hair.

Someone posted quite a few pages back that it looks like a modded 1/4 fighting WOD sculpt, and I can see some resemblance to that sculpt, so maybe it is a bit of both the BB and Fighting 1/4 WOD sculpt. :dunno

This new release, from the side it looks ok. From the front it looks bad. At certain angles as long as it is not full frontal it has some likeness, but not enough.

Yeah I agree, at certain angles I can tell it is meant to be Bruce Lee but there is no wow factor.

:lol know what you mean buddy.had this sculpt come with the ''whistle''shaped lips,then I think it may have made a better impact than it has,coming from a diehard BL fan,i'm just tired of getting let down by EB again.

I thought you would be use to it by now. :lol

and surly they didn't rehash that big boss sculpt.....then again:wink1:

Who knows but I wouldn't put it past them to cut corners instead of making a whole new sculpt.

ic, thanks

No problem, people who are very familiar with all the old EB releases use a lot of short hand, so I can see how someone that is new to these figures, would get lost from the abbreviations, especially these ones like VA= Version A ETD and VB= Version B ETD.

Last edited:
the thing is these were only promo shots,so the white sneakers would look out of place to most people.

To most people the ones with the regular clothing seems odd. Especially, if they never seen the actual photos of him wearing them. Details like the shoes would make Bruce Lee fans think EB did some actual research and added these little details that they would only notice. :)

now is all loud and clear..
shannon also doesn't care how a headsculpt is his father's loolike or not
business and money is the primary objective...what a shame..

btw I am not intersted in static statues but the winner for best bruce's likeness are ht casual and the blitzway statue
but.. i do not like the espression he gave
arnie is the master for bruce. (not for harrison ford though)
For this new set by enterbay I do like only the diorama...for the rest..easy pass

The BtS smiling sculpt was weak, even the proto. And the hairsculpt made it worse.

The best 1/6 sculpt right now from a company is the HT smiling one. Great likeness and paintjob.

And I agree, those who have not owned past Bruce figures like the Enterbay ETD, FoF, Kato, don't really have an idea of how superior the likeness is. Skin texture, details, and paint might have improved, but there is very poor likeness.

Look at the Enterbay BB normal head, it looks more realistic than the other Enterbay figures I mentioned above, but the likeness is bad.

So in short, there is a need to differentiate between realistic and accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hard to agree with you on that one. The sculpt is great and Hot Toys is a company fully capable of retaining most of the prototype's level of quality. The eyes on the Hot Toys cacual Bruce Lee is just weird. That's why it wasn't a popular figure.

Hard to agree with you on that one. The sculpt is great and Hot Toys is a company fully capable of retaining most of the prototype's level of quality. The eyes on the Hot Toys cacual Bruce Lee is just weird. That's why it wasn't a popular figure.

You're putting its lack of popularity down to the likeness? I'd always thought it was because HT split what should have been a single set + two outfits into two separate sets with the same sculpt - and then sales stagnated even further when news broke that HT didn't secure the rights to any other movies, and HT and Kim parted ways, leaving a potentially long line nipped in the bud.

I think it's because it wasn't a movie Bruce Lee figure. That's all. Best likeness so far, & yet I lost interest & sold it. I sometimes want it back though.

I remember that sculpt on ebay a couple of years ago with a modded GOD hairsculpt,unfortunatly it was poorly joined and looked like a wig,but with a proper fit to the hair,it would have made a great GOD smile.to me I felt the eyes on this looked poor compared to the proto.but I still have 2 on display

What are the specific problems some of you have with the HT smiley eyes?

What are the specific problems some of you have with the HT smiley eyes?

Personally I agree that HT'S BRUCE Lee head is amazing and looks just like him. I also agree it was down to the fact that it wasn't part of a film/symbolic icon of Bruce hence why it didn't sell....

they lack the glint/sparkle so to speak that the proto had.it might be a minor niggle,and the glasses hide them anyway(maybe the pro photos showing the sculpt are to blame?)
the casual is a more iconic look than the suit to me,hence I tracked down a 1/6 black/red/white leather jacket to replace the suit.

I think it was more the fact that it wasn't a movie figure and on top of that, the hair on it made it hard to ressemble a specific movie, GoD and WotD to be more precise.

I remember that sculpt on ebay a couple of years ago with a modded GOD hairsculpt,unfortunatly it was poorly joined and looked like a wig,but with a proper fit to the hair,it would have made a great GOD smile.to me I felt the eyes on this looked poor compared to the proto.but I still have 2 on display

I don't know whether the GoD hairpiece could be modded to properly suit the HT head, it's about 10% too big I reckon. Agree on the eyes, they look kind of 'dead'.

But the suit version is one of my favourite figures - sits on my desk in his director's chair giving me a thumbs-up.

Back