Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's such a bummer HT didn't get their paint sorted out - if you remember the teaser image, it looked spectacular. HT have made a reputation on having their release a notch or two up from their teaser pics and proto pics, pity they missed the mark on MIS Bruce. EB have always had outstanding paint apps and it really shows in the smiling sculpt.

HT vs EB round two is about to start at Ani-Com, who's got their tickets :D

:goodpost: If you have the teaser MIS image pls post it b/c I can't recall it clearly enough to comment on it atm.

:goodpost: If you have the teaser MIS image pls post it b/c I can't recall it clearly enough to comment on it atm.

Teaser:

196126_10150103263297344_58690437343_6712792_1569990_n.jpg

Proto:

bruce-lee-hot-toys-2011-1.jpg

Release (from Michael Crawford's review):

review_casualbruce_3.jpg

Since when does the HT casual Bruce have a bad paint job?
I don't remember anyone complaining about that in its thread. I have one and think it looks great.

I do like the EB GoD smile sculpt better but I don't think it has anything to do with the paint.

Since when does the HT casual Bruce have a bad paint job?
I don't remember anyone complaining about that in its thread. I have one and think it looks great.

I do like the EB GoD smile sculpt better but I don't think it has anything to do with the paint.

The expressions are different, but I don't think the EB sculpt is necessarily what makes it superior. The EB smiling head is full of life and to me it has to come down to the paint, specifically the eyes. The HT smiling head has no glint in its eyes - but I'm making this call on having removed it from its box for a quick look before putting it right back. I don't have the shelf space yet to display all my Bruces :(

Oh! So there's another version of EVision!!! Which one is better?? the one like the Beijing Expo version or the regular one?? :slap

UL5-1.jpg

liquid larry : so far, there's no problem with mine, its just the same method they used for the previous BL, the old method I meant is just like kato, FOF, ETD, WOTD, GOD... :lol

thanks everyone.. I didnt realize there has been a lot of BL Figures now.. they're good and motivating :)

I think the main problem of HT Smiling Bruce is the eyebrows... too thick and straight.. compared with the proto, the proto got more curvy eyebrows..

I don't know wth you're talking about... there's plenty of shine in MIS Bruce's eyes.

EB's paint has not always been STELLAR. Ip Man, T-bag, Onimusha,older Bruces (well I had FOF, and it was about on par with Ip Man), and on. Their application is usually pretty flat with rough edges.

Their detail was always in the sculpt itself, not the paint.

I don't know wth you're talking about... there's plenty of shine in MIS Bruce's eyes.

EB's paint has not always been STELLAR. Ip Man, T-bag, Onimusha,older Bruces (well I had FOF, and it was about on par with Ip Man), and on. Their application is usually pretty flat with rough edges.

Their detail was always in the sculpt itself, not the paint.

To be fair to EB, the older Bruces had excellent paint apps for the day. FoF Bruce's paint app is more than a couple of years old now but holds up well even by today's standards. The rosy-cheeked ETD was the only glitch i their Bruce Lee line paint apps that I can recall, and that is quite old now too. I guess I was talking more about EB's BL paint apps. Ip Man should have been better, Don Vito's paint was better than the sculpt is was applied to (apart from those awful white wings he's got going on), Mr Bean's was great and I can't comment on the others.

I'm not saying the MIS Bruce paint app is bad. I am saying it is not as good a paint app as I've come to expect from Hot Toys. I'm also saying that based on pics I've seen, the EB paint app on their smiling sculpt is superior. And it is undoubtedly missing the glint in the eye that made the teaser and proto pics so appealing. If you're not seeing this then I wish I was seeing it through your eyes because I'm a little disappointed with it. Like I said, he's still in his box after a cursory glance, so it is just as likely that I saw it in an unflattering light and haven't given it a good chance.

Last edited:
To be fair to EB, the older Bruces had excellent paint apps for the day. FoF Bruce's paint app is more than a couple of years old now but holds up well even by today's standards. The rosy-cheeked ETD was the only glitch i their Bruce Lee line paint apps that I can recall, and that is quite old now too. I guess I was talking more about EB's BL paint apps. Ip Man should have been better, Don Vito's paint was better than the sculpt is was applied to (apart from those awful white wings he's got going on), Mr Bean's was great and I can't comment on the others.

I'm not saying the MIS Bruce paint app is bad. I am saying it is not as good a paint app as I've come to expect from Hot Toys. I'm also saying that based on pics I've seen, the EB paint app on their smiling sculpt is superior. And it is undoubtedly missing the glint in the eye that made the teaser and proto pics so appealing. If you're not seeing this then I wish I was seeing it through your eyes because I'm a little disappointed with it. Like I said, he's still in his box after a cursory glance, so it is just as likely that I saw it in an unflattering light and haven't given it a good chance.

Well.. like i said before. I thought the issue with the Hot Toy's releases was that they were being jerks. They just HAD to rush production, in order beat EB's GOD release. If I remember correctly, MIS was scheduled for Q3, but magically and conveniently popped out before EB's announced May/June release.

Oh well... i look forward to see what HT is going to do with that rubber body of theirs. Never got around owning ETD ver.A, always wanted the gloves and training gear.

Be sure to keep everyone posted next week at ani-com.

Oh! So there's another version of EVision!!! Which one is better?? the one like the Beijing Expo version or the regular one?? :slap

UL5-1.jpg

liquid larry : so far, there's no problem with mine, its just the same method they used for the previous BL, the old method I meant is just like kato, FOF, ETD, WOTD, GOD... :lol

thanks everyone.. I didnt realize there has been a lot of BL Figures now.. they're good and motivating :)

I think the main problem of HT Smiling Bruce is the eyebrows... too thick and straight.. compared with the proto, the proto got more curvy eyebrows..

looks like the older style eye system head would fit a BL3.5 easier.mmm

I would have rather HT released Arnies BL smiley sculpt like this:

gud2js_20110105072425_13530542_2.JPG

gud2js_20110105072425_13530542_1.JPG

Different hair piece & less or no eyeliner. To me it looks like it was intended to be a WotD smiley, but I'm not sure. To me it looks like they used the above head sculpt as a basis for the casual/suit BL figures. The Beijing Expo proto & the BL smiley proto, are the best BL sculpts that I can think of :D

EVision is the 'ball like' thing in the head that moves the eyes. The system found in the other heads are not EVision. So I don't think there is another version of the EVision system :D

Which one is better? I prefer not having the EVision system in the head. There is more freedom & precision when adjusting the eyes on the regular system I think. I pulled the EVision head out of the box to see if it had any limitations, & I noticed (on mine, which has crooked eyes, so that might be a factor) that the eyes can not look down. I can make his eyes go up, to the point where the majority is white, but when I tried to make the eyes go that far the opposite direction, it didn't do it for me :D

as im now tempted to get a GOD smiley head (buy it now £38.00)
or 1 on an auction.id rather spend around £30.00 max.would you guys modify the ball connector on the head or the neck peg on a BL3.5.cant afford a new rubber body..your thoughts

If you didn't know, you can purchase a new body directly from the EB site for $62 + shipping, which also comes packaged with shoes, socks, bracelet & 2 closed fists. All of this cost me $77 ($62+$15 shipping) :D

I would have rather HT released Arnies BL smiley sculpt like this:

gud2js_20110105072425_13530542_2.JPG

gud2js_20110105072425_13530542_1.JPG

Different hair piece & less or no eyeliner. To me it looks like it was intended to be a WotD smiley, but I'm not sure. To me it looks like they used the above head sculpt as a basis for the casual/suit BL figures. The Beijing Expo proto & the BL smiley proto, are the best BL sculpts that I can think of :D
Agreed, that smiling sculpt looks much more life like than what they released for the MIS line, and I would have preferred it.

I don't want this to thread to degenerate into another EB vs HT debate, but I have to agree with LeJuan when he said the MIS released sculpt paint job did not meet or exceed the proto sculpt. The MIS' eyes are a bit lifeless imo comparatively to the EB God sculpt. This is not the norm for HT as we're used to them meeting and often exceeding their proto sculpts, and I'm sure their next Bruce Lee release at Anicom this month will be fantastic and give this EB God a run for it's money in every category.

As for this EB God, I was able to get a pair of Enterbay GOD sneakers and socks for under $30 as opposed to the $50+ price tag we were seeing earlier :yess: Or you could pick up the EB muscle body +sneaker+socks+bracelet set for around $80 shipped directly from EB as most of you know. Looking at some of the part out prices on Ebay it appears this is a good time to start hunting if you're interested in putting together a bash or anything, the sellers are starting to lower their prices.

I have a question: Can anyone here tell me why Enterbay does not participate in the SDCC? :dunno :cuckoo:

well took the plunge and got a smiley GOD head and a full set of hands with bamboo stick for £40 (65USD)..well happy.
saving up for the body from enterbay now ;)

Back