Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, dammit, me too. I won't be picking this one up because I've blown my toy budget for the year, and there aren't any pre-orders I'd be willing to give up to make up the cash. I am beginning to wonder whether, for the same money, I made the right choice by going with the 2 MIS Bruces. Perhaps if I had gone with the GoD Bruce that I'd be wondering whether I should've got the two MIS Bruces instead. Too much Bruce win not enough cash :gah:

Ah tell me about it, there's so many figures coming out, you just can't keep up with them all anymore unless your loaded that is. I'd love to of been able to afford to pick up the 2 MIS Bruce's but I had to have a GoD figure so that's what I obviously opted for. Hopefully I'll be able to go back & get the MIS Bruce's later down the line.

Yeah thats exactly the problem. I definitely want a Game Of Death version of Bruce on display as its one of the definitive looks of Bruce for me (i even wear the same yellow Onitsuka Tiger trainers as him lol) but those M Icon figures from Hot Toys look great too. Im in a real pickle as to what to do. :lol I guess its great that we have so many options to choose from, but at the same time its a pain in the a$$ for someone who wants to collect the lot.

It is nothing to laugh about Russell !! This really serious matters !!

Can you post a picture ? :monkey3

By the way, I too collect Onitsuka Tigers ! I LOVE the style !
smiley.gif

smiley.gif

Can you guys point me to a source for legit yellow Onitsuka Tiger like BL's? I see them on eBay - but I'm told a lot of those are fakes. I want the real ones.

I almost paid $$$ for a pair that was really nice, but they weren the SE ones made for Kill Bill and not accurate to GoD.

smiley.gif

Im no good with pictures. :lol No good at taking them and never really tried to post any. But i'll see what i can do if you like. Yeah, i love them. They're soo comfy and great to train in. Kind of...bouncy, if that makes sense. I only have some yellow ones but need to pick up some more when i get paid. Got my eye on some black ones with red stripes and some white ones with blue stripes. Love em. :hi5:

Edit: Actually, while i say "the same" apparently there's a slight difference in the newer ones. There's like, one line missing on the side design. Still, i love them.

Well i write an e-mail to Enterbay and decide to put some parts here:

My Question: "...recently I read the information that in July, you will be selling this same head without the eye system, identical to the prototype, sold individually. I would like to confirm with you if this information is accurate. I feel more relaxed knowing that I can then let my Action Figure more like the prototype..."

Enterbay: "...Actually what you have heard about selling the non-movable head sculpt on its own might not be correct as I have not heard about that from the management team before..."

My Question: "I must be honest with you that the head sculpt of battle damage version was miles away from the prototype. For a moment, I had decided to cancel pre-order. If you look on the Internet, the amount of criticism related to this head sculpt is huge."

Enterbay: "...The damage battled head might not be pleasing to everybody but other accessories and the smiling face is actually quite good..."

Thats it :(

Can you guys point me to a source for legit yellow Onitsuka Tiger like BL's? I see them on eBay - but I'm told a lot of those are fakes. I want the real ones.

I almost paid $$$ for a pair that was really nice, but they weren the SE ones made for Kill Bill and not accurate to GoD.

Here's a seller on ebay that seems to be selling legit Onitsuka Tigers. Bruce wore the Mexico 66 series.

Edit: forgot to actually put in the link. Haha.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...928223&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2037wt_905

Well i write an e-mail to Enterbay and decide to put some parts here:

My Question: "...recently I read the information that in July, you will be selling this same head without the eye system, identical to the prototype, sold individually. I would like to confirm with you if this information is accurate. I feel more relaxed knowing that I can then let my Action Figure more like the prototype..."

Enterbay: "...Actually what you have heard about selling the non-movable head sculpt on its own might not be correct as I have not heard about that from the management team before..."

My Question: "I must be honest with you that the head sculpt of battle damage version was miles away from the prototype. For a moment, I had decided to cancel pre-order. If you look on the Internet, the amount of criticism related to this head sculpt is huge."

Enterbay: "...The damage battled head might not be pleasing to everybody but other accessories and the smiling face is actually quite good..."

Thats it :(

I'm pretty sure they will have the extra head for sale later. I saw mention of it on the EB FB too. And my seller was told by EB directly the same.

I just google'd a foot size converter (dont know how life worked before google :lol) and apparently 9.5 in US is 8.5 in the UK. Funnily enough, the same size as me almost. Im an 8.

Nice! Thanks! :wave

I will see if they have that size and order one. Do you have the track suit too? I've seen those on eBay. Wonder if there's a definitive maker?

No, i just wear the trainers. They're awesome and super comfy, if a little pricey. I have seen plenty of the track suits on ebay and have considered picking one up. Toying with the idea of wearing it for training or just running, or if not then just as a kind of collectors thing. To have a kind of replica of Bruce's. I dont know anything about a definitive make though or anything or what brand Bruce wore. I wouldnt be surprised if GungFu knows though, as he seems to know just about everything Bruce related. :lol

GungFu? Any suggestions?

Here's a seller on ebay that seems to be selling legit Onitsuka Tigers. Bruce wore the Mexico 66 series.

Edit: forgot to actually put in the link. Haha.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...928223&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2037wt_905

Bruce did not wear the Mexico 66 series. That's a running shoe with a thick sole.

Bruce wore the Tai Chi model which was a martial arts version (hence the name) with a flat almost non-existent sole that allowed him to spin and pivot easier to kick.

Onitsuka Tiger's have a few different models in the 'Game of Death colors' because that look has always remained popular.

Unfortunately they don't make them in the Tai Chi model...which is really annoying! They did do a limited run for Kill Bill when that came out and a pair of those now goes for $500-1000 which is just mental.

I have a pair of Mexico 66 in the GoD colors cause that's the closest you're going to get. They're nice.
But be aware if you're a hardcore collector, they are not the same thing at all.

Also...be aware that these are retro shoes from the early 70s and while the all leather upper is nice, the sole isn't very good on them. Okay to walk around in, I wouldn't recommend running....and please don't try kicking in the Mexico66's ! :)

Last edited:
Bruce did not wear the Mexico 66 series. That's a running shoe with a thick sole.

Bruce wore the Tai Chi model which was a martial arts version (hence the name) with a flat almost non-existent sole that allowed him to spin and pivot easier to kick.

Onitsuka Tiger's have a few different models in the 'Game of Death colors' because that look has always remained popular.

Unfortunately they don't make them in the Tai Chi model...which is really annoying! They did do a limited run for Kill Bill when that came out and a pair of those now goes for $500-1000 which is just mental.

I have a pair of Mexico 66 in the GoD colors cause that's the closest you're going to get. They're nice.
But be aware if you're a hardcore collector, they are not the same thing at all.

Also...be aware that these are retro shoes from the early 70s and while the all leather upper is nice, the sole isn't very good on them. Okay to walk around in, I wouldn't recommend running....and please don't try kicking in the Mexico66's ! :)

Hmm, didnt know all that. Thanks for the info. I knew the new ones weren't exactly the same as the ones Bruce wore, but i thought his were still mexico 66's. Just an older version. I also thought they were quite comfy for running cos they're so "bouncy" dont know how else to explain it. Just really comfy and smooth. You reckon the sole would wear away pretty quick in them then?

Tinister, as you maybe already know the yellow with black stripes and the white with blue and red stripes are the two versions Bruce is most famous for (though I know he wore some other colour combinations also as he also LOVED these shoes). There have been a few design combinations over the years - and the latest is a protective front which i personally thinks ruin the design just a little bit, but they are still cool (and probably better when it comes to wear) :)

As Russell mentioned the English eBay marked is quite good (different styles and good prices also)- and I think most of the Onitsuka Tigers there are the real deal compared to the US eBay marked which seems to have allot of fakes (my impression).

Let me know exactly what kind of colour combination you are after (plus style) and I will have a look for you also
smiley.gif

Hey Gung Fu, do you have any pics of Bruce wearing the white with blue and red stripes Onitsuka Tigers? I've only ever seen him in the yellow ones.

Tinister, as you maybe already know the yellow with black stripes and the white with blue and red stripes are the two versions Bruce is most famous for (though I know he wore some other colour combinations also as he also LOVED these shoes). There have been a few design combinations over the years - and the latest is a protective front which i personally thinks ruin the design just a little bit, but they are still cool (and probably better when it comes to wear) :)

Again, the Mexico66 have a protective front, the Tai Chi model didn't when Lee wore them and still doesn't now.

Google Onitsukua Tiger Tai Chi and you'll see they are still exactly the same as what Bruce Lee wore.

As Russell mentioned the English eBay marked is quite good (different styles and good prices also)- and I think most of the Onitsuka Tigers there are the real deal compared to the US eBay marked which seems to have allot of fakes (my impression).

Let me know exactly what kind of colour combination you are after (plus style) and I will have a look for you also
smiley.gif

Thanks GungFu! I just ordered a pair of the yellow Mexico 66 one :)

The other pair - I DO remember seeing him wearing a different pair of Onitsuka's somewhere. He wore them with a red jumpsuit with white stripes. Is that the non-yellow pair you're talking about?

Do you know of a maker of a quality yellow jumpsuit that is definitive? I'd like to get one to wear at home and while working out.

:lolAnd don't worry guys. I'm not getting a pair of yellow and black nunchaks too. That would be overdoing it

Hmm, didnt know all that. Thanks for the info. I knew the new ones weren't exactly the same as the ones Bruce wore, but i thought his were still mexico 66's. Just an older version. I also thought they were quite comfy for running cos they're so "bouncy" dont know how else to explain it. Just really comfy and smooth. You reckon the sole would wear away pretty quick in them then?

Hey if they work for you, that's great!
Just letting others know that shoe technology has improved hugely since 1970...while most expensive running shoes are over designed their soles are far superior for support and structure.

'Barefoot running' is becoming popular which is a return to almost no so sole and the Onitsuka Tiger Tai Chi model have some popularity for this.

I like the Terra Plana Vivo Barefoot Evo (and Neo) barefoot running shoes - which awesomely are available in 'Game of Death-like' black and yellow cominations :)

(I use to be a fitness consultant and personal trainer)

Back