ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christ Folks are in great mood today ain't they?!

I have honestly never heard of Cintig...

I meant a Cintiq. Shoot me.

The T2 likeness by HT was never to my liking. also both figures in the photo have the same profile, same lighting and pretty much reference the same expression. I dont see how its difficult for anyone to realise which is a more accurate sculpt. This is not a hate on HT thing, its just showing that the EB has improved on the HT sculpt

Also considering the fact that you are as you said 'a sculptor' yourself (thus a better judge as you indicated) in the Superman thread and despite clear indications (which a 'non sculptor' like me could recognise) very unconvinced that the 'new sculpt' wasnt really 'new' (and since vanished from the time it was proven to be a new sculpt) I'm at a loss what to say about your capability of judging sculpts (and somewhere even your ability as a sculptor)... :dunno

Can you quote me where I said that I was a sculptor and where I said I thought the Hot Toys was better?
Good luck with that as I didn't say that.

I said I was an artist not a sculptor. I know faces is all. That Superman pic is not a new head sculpt. But as I said I don't care if it is or not as I will be very happy regardless.
I have always said the EB T2 is a more accurate head sculpt.
Yes they both have the same lightening. But I would recommend you go over to the T2 HT thread and check out the slew of amazing photos where he does look incredibley accurate.

Kindly get your facts and quotes straight next time!

I agree with Eamon. And whose to say that that photo hasn't been photoshopped in some way, the forum is full of photoshoppers, etc.

The eyes on the HT T2 figure don't look like they line up, and the EB head is so shiny it looks like he's coated with oil, and suffering from a bad cold.

It's a horrible photo...

I know faces is all. That Superman pic is not a new head sculpt.

You still want to say it although you are well aware its a new one? Specially with the newer pics of it?

Im not concerned if it being new or old doesnt affect you, just asking if even after the new pics from a different angle, you still want to hold onto your opinion... :dunno

Id say if you still do (as you are doing now) you're pretty much in a way describing yourself/putting yourself in the same bracket as some people whom who quoted as:

Ya know what chaps, with some of you, I dare say the sculptor himself would come on here and say that this not a new sculpt and you would still hold your ground.

I really don't care enough to argue about it.
Being an artist carries little weight against such dogged action figure lovers who apparently have better anatomical knowledge than...well anybody who doesn't think this is a new sculpt.

Carry on then lads! ;)

The only thing I can see happening with this whole HT/Enterbay thing is that we will get a better head sculpt and figure each time these guys go at each other,which in some ways good and some ways bad.The good is if nobody ever competed with HT on a figure like this then we would be content with HT's version of it and think there could be no better one out there. the bad is that each time these company's rise the bar we as consumers and hobbist have to chuck out more money to have something we think is the best likeness out there in a scale figure. and it just keeps going and going. I'm just sayin

Speaking of sculptors. Anybody know who sculpted the head for this figure? I didn't find it on Enterbay's site, or while googling. I wouldn't mind seeing previous work from this sculptor :D

The only thing I can see happening with this whole HT/Enterbay thing is that we will get a better head sculpt and figure each time these guys go at each other,which in some ways good and some ways bad.The good is if nobody ever competed with HT on a figure like this then we would be content with HT's version of it and think there could be no better one out there. the bad is that each time these company's rise the bar we as consumers and hobbist have to chuck out more money to have something we think is the best likeness out there in a scale figure. and it just keeps going and going. I'm just sayin

How are they going at each other? EB did this a LONG time after HT.

How late to the party can you get... 1/4??? :lol

I would rather they made a BD version, that would have been something really special.

You still want to say it although you are well aware its a new one? Specially with the newer pics of it?

Im not concerned if it being new or old doesnt affect you, just asking if even after the new pics from a different angle, you still want to hold onto your opinion... :dunno

Id say if you still do (as you are doing now) you're pretty much in a way describing yourself/putting yourself in the same bracket as some people whom who quoted as:

There is no single correct answer to the way someone sees something.

It's art!

:slap

Not my collection, I was fetching pictures off some of the Chinese sites. That last batch is from Gary on HKFigureClub.

I'm feening for this figure just as much as the rest of you. These pictures are all that's left in a last line of defense to keep my preorder in tact lol

Why can companies never make a battle damaged interchangeable head and arm... more importantly, why doesn't atleast the HT T-800 have gloves?

Because it may or may not have something to do with the licensing. I think I recall some racing games deliberately not putting in car damage due to licensing; the companies didn't want their cars represented that way in the racing games.

Or Enterbay was only going to pump out one version and it'd be the normal one instead.

Picture credits to cc2ysk @ Toysdaily

SAM_0896-1.gif

SAM_0891.jpg

SAM_0890.jpg

SAM_0889.jpg

SAM_0888.jpg

SAM_0886.jpg

SAM_0884.jpg

SAM_0885.jpg

SAM_0832.jpg

Speaking of sculptors. Anybody know who sculpted the head for this figure? I didn't find it on Enterbay's site, or while googling. I wouldn't mind seeing previous work from this sculptor :D

I asked Bill who did it, all he said was Team YJ, also once while talking about his sculptors he told me that he had a great team of chinese sculptors who are being supervised by YJ. Rovojin, Jihun, Kumik are under Enterbay's payroll, and they work with YJ as far as I know. I believe its got input from them all... Kumik if Im sure did the Ip Man figure also the new Bruce Lee along with YJ... so its a little blurred there. Ill try to talk to Bill and get some more info, but till then its 'Team YJ' :lol

There is no single correct answer to the way someone sees something.

It's art!
Hmm, art? but that would be 'interpretation'... but if someone refuses to see that something is obviously different from the other, thats lack of 'perception'. If someone cant understand the difference at two different sculpts inspite of glaring differences from expression to cosmetic changes, and on top of that find fault with those who can see it...

thats called being optically challenged.

Hmm, art? but that would be 'interpretation'... but if someone refuses to see that something is obviously different from the other, thats lack of 'perception'. If someone cant understand the difference at two different sculpts inspite of glaring differences from expression to cosmetic changes, and on top of that find fault with those who can see it...

thats called being optically challenged.

Try taking a hundred photos of your face with different expressions, and then pick the one you think best shows your likeness.

I'll bet that you'll get a thousand different responses from people that think one is better than another...it would never end.

Nobody will ever agree that there is a single image that captures all your features perfectly.

It's an impossible task for a company to choose a sculpt that represents everything to everyone.

What you see isn't what someone else might see...

Well I still don't think Superman has a new head sculpt....that was up until 5 minutes ago when I went to see the latest photos.
I will now agree that the head has been revised. I think it's a tweak rather than a total revision though. That first pic wasn't clear at all.

I think this EB T2 is flippen cool and i would have it, so let me be clear. But I still prefer my Hot Toys version and I think if you are gonna compare figures, it has to be done more fairly, if at all.

And lets be fair here, the EB one comes after the HT one. ie they have the advantage of looking at something in existence when otherwise they wouldn't and figure out what works and what doesn't.

But to be honest, this is not something I feel is worth debating! We all like this figure so why bicker! :)

Try taking a hundred photos of your face with different expressions, and then pick the one you think best shows your likeness.

I'll bet that you'll get a thousand different responses from people that think one is better than another...it would never end.

Nobody will ever agree that there is a single image that captures all your features perfectly.

It's an impossible task for a company to choose a sculpt that represents everything to everyone.

What you see isn't what someone else might see...

Are you really Butters? If you aren't then I have to say that its a pretty good impression you are doing. The thing being discussed by me with Eamon was that he refused to believe that it was a new headsculpt (which I think he has just conceded) Just that.... there was nothing in question about likeness or what looks better etc etc. Simple question, new sculpt or not. Not better or worse or anything comparative. Please dont misread or misconstrue what Im saying...

Well I still don't think Superman has a new head sculpt....that was up until 5 minutes ago when I went to see the latest photos.
I will now agree that the head has been revised. I think it's a tweak rather than a total revision though. That first pic wasn't clear at all.

I think this EB T2 is flippen cool and i would have it, so let me be clear. But I still prefer my Hot Toys version and I think if you are gonna compare figures, it has to be done more fairly, if at all.

And lets be fair here, the EB one comes after the HT one. ie they have the advantage of looking at something in existence when otherwise they wouldn't and figure out what works and what doesn't.

But to be honest, this is not something I feel is worth debating! We all like this figure so why bicker! :)

I already said That Im not hating on the HT figure, if EB didnt improve on it after almost 2 years since the HT is out,THAT would have been something debatable. I just didnt like the fact that you appeared condescending on those of us on the Superman thread who identified the new sculpt initially. Anyway no issues on that, I like the HT T1 than the T2 more though (looks more screen accurate and feels like a better overall package/release). :peace

Are you really Butters? If you aren't then I have to say that its a pretty good impression you are doing. The thing being discussed by me with Eamon was that he refused to believe that it was a new headsculpt (which I think he has just conceded) Just that.... there was nothing in question about likeness or what looks better etc etc. Simple question, new sculpt or not. Not better or worse or anything comparative. Please dont misread or misconstrue what Im saying...

You're beyond help if you think cartoon characters post on forums...:cuckoo: :lol

What you're discussing with Emon is up for grabs to anyone who cares to comment.

You posed a direct question to me and I answered you the way I saw fit. :dunno

What more do you want from people on forums...

I just didnt like the fact that you appeared condescending on those of us on the Superman thread who identified the new sculpt initially. Anyway no issues on that, I like the HT T1 than the T2 more though (looks more screen accurate and feels like a better overall package/release). :peace

Well it's just some folks so were dogged on their opinion that is was definitely definitely a new head sculpt based on two photos that really weren't very clear at all. I made it pretty clear that I didn't think it was (I am an artist and artists would tend to know better blah blah) but I also said I didn't care either way as it's all cool to me.
We all know that Hot Toys can often look better etc. in different light, just like the Terminator 2 we are discussing here.
All that was playing in my mind when looking at Superman.
That HT T2 looks not at all accuratte in that comparative EB photo, yet I have him here and he's rocking the likeness! :)

Back