Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somepeople like remote control features. That's why your TV has one, Playstation3 has this option and R/C cars are still being made.

How do you get the special gift ?
I'm not quite sure. I'm guessing it's going to be like the special gifts that came with the 1:4 Bruce Lee which is first come first serve(And still available I think)
What's interesting is that the "special gift" was only mentioned in the Chinese specs and non existent in the English specs on Facebook.
In fact, it was never advertised nor mentioned until I found a forum posting Chinese specs of the figure and noticed that they mentioned a special gift for early releases. Other than that it was just that small box featured in the teaser photo of the packaging

Somepeople like remote control features. That's why your TV has one, Playstation3 has this option and R/C cars are still being made.

All collectibles with light up features (or any electronic feature, really) should be remote control operated. Who has time to flick 4 buttons in every single HT figure they have? Or flick a switch on every statue they display? Pain in the ***... I hate that our collectibles don't come with remote controls.

It's expensive and I won't be touching the robo3 bits. I need to see in hand pics of him in some robo1 poses before I pull the trigger. If I'm happy it looks proportionally like Weller's v1 im all over it

This is an epic figure and the video make me realize the size of this beast.
But then, seeing the head moving and the leg holdster....it sucks and make me fear the worst.
I don't like these gimmicks and I'm concerned about how it will limit the head movement, poseability.
I can deal with everything else.
About the translation, something bother me about the R2 bonus helmet.
Does it mean we cannot use it with the face plates and so it cannot be mounted on the figure?

No, the head can be mounted on the figure, but if you use the silly head turning gimmick when the unmasked head is on, you will break the silly head turning gimmick.

All collectibles with light up features (or any electronic feature, really) should be remote control operated. Who has time to flick 4 buttons in every single HT figure they have? Or flick a switch on every statue they display? Pain in the ***... I hate that our collectibles don't come with remote controls.

It's an appealing idea, but I don't think you've fully thought it through....

There has to be some power usage to listen for the signals from the remote. You'll be spending a fortune on batteries.

I don't see what's wrong with being realistic here.

Enterbay is known for their quality control problems with their bodies and joints. Their 1/6 and 1/4 has been plagued with them, their Men In Black line was a real travesty (with bad customer service and buyers being burned). I don't think it's "hating" or being too cynical to be on edge with this Robocop 3 figure. Not only is it fully articulated and weighty (even a figure as simple as Terminator has shoulder problems), it's jam packed with features that Enterbay has never even utilized before.

- Movable head (they even say in the directions that it's so fragile that if you put the Murphy head on and turn it, you risk damaging the whole system)
- removable chest plate and back plate
- remote control (faulty controls are a common issue with TV remotes, what happens if that's the case with this one)
- holster leg

Did anyone see how thin those chest plates and face plates look? Or the little pegs on the chest for that matter? Can you trust Enterbay, a toy company with a bad track record in terms of quality control with features like that? This is basically a glorified, $500 Thinkway Buzz Lightyear. I guarantee those $40-$50 Disney/Thinkway products are better made and more durable for children to play with. When you are paying $500, $600 dollars for something, the damages better be your fault. How often is that the case with Enterbay?

I don't see what's wrong with being realistic here.

Enterbay is known for their quality control problems with their bodies and joints. Their 1/6 and 1/4 has been plagued with them, their Men In Black line was a real travesty (with bad customer service and buyers being burned). I don't think it's "hating" or being too cynical to be on edge with this Robocop 3 figure. Not only is it fully articulated and weighty (even a figure as simple as Terminator has shoulder problems), it's jam packed with features that Enterbay has never even utilized before.

- Movable head (they even say in the directions that it's so fragile that if you put the Murphy head on and turn it, you risk damaging the whole system)
- removable chest plate and back plate
- remote control (faulty controls are a common issue with TV remotes, what happens if that's the case with this one)
- holster leg

Did anyone see how thin those chest plates and face plates look? Or the little pegs on the chest for that matter? Can you trust Enterbay, a toy company with a bad track record in terms of quality control with features like that? This is basically a glorified, $500 Thinkway Buzz Lightyear. I guarantee those $40-$50 Disney/Thinkway products are better made and more durable for children to play with. When you are paying $500, $600 dollars for something, the damages better be your fault. How often is that the case with Enterbay?

Ditto!

But seriously, who plays with light up features on their HT around here more than twice WHEN they get theirs for the very first time? I know I don't. Yes, QC issues unfortunately are not one of EB strongest suits, but who knows? I mean, this piece looks amazing to me. I really don't care about it being from Robo3, as my friends and family members wouldn't notice the difference anyway. I might not touch the remote features more than twice or three times at the most. My QS001 is just standing there, haven't used the sonar cowl at all. My bat mobiles? All just being displayed without the lights. Seriously, who here plays with this things? Let alone a 1/4 monster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But seriously, who plays with light up features on their HT around here more than twice WHEN they get theirs for the very first time? I know I don't. Yes, QC issues unfortunately are not one of EB strongest suits, but who knows? I mean, this piece looks amazing to me. I really don't care about it being from Robo3, as my friends and family members wouldn't notice the difference anyway. I might not touch the remote features more than twice or three times at the most. My QS001 is just standing there, haven't used the sonar cowl at all. My bat mobiles? All just being displayed without the lights. Seriously, who here plays with this things? Let alone a 1/4 monster?

So you wouldn't care if your $500/$600 Robocop's head mechanics was broken (which seems like it's easy to do since the instructions warn it's users) or it's leg holster, sound effects or remote didn't function properly? That's not even taking into account their typical issues like joint breaks or other problems.

I dunno, I don't want to suck the fun out of this release for people but it seems like a lot of the eager buyers in favor for this don't care about all the Robocop 3 junk or the movement gimmicks. They seem to essentially just care about a barebones look to display museum style, right? What I don't get is that, for $120 - $200 less, collectors could have gotten a straight 1987 Robocop release that would be sturdier/better made (free of breakable gimmicks) without the Robocop 3 parts people are just going to leave in the box. How does it not bother people that for less money they could have gotten a better quality figure without all the unnecessary gimmicks, especially the ones that may be detrimental to the figure's overall look and feel?

RobocopEnterbay.jpg

No danger of snapping the chest plates, no waste of Robocop 3 accessories that will just sit in the box, no worrying about breaking the mechanics from a simple face or head swap, no hollow/cheap parts, less things to accidentally break. In that video the figure looks straight up chintzy. Right away the head wasn't functioning properly, not to mention users can't even TURN the head manually without using the remote or damaging everything. Hell, the collector breaks the middle finger clean off and was BARELY touching it (@ 4:14), what's that say about everything else?

Last edited:
I agree the finger shouldn't break but he was working it from side to side pretty good, then front to back, not sure why he would, I've never felt the need to with my figures fingers
The qc issue potential is scary
Simple qc issues on my eb batman, but then again, it's a simple figure compared to this one

So you wouldn't care if your $500/$600 Robocop's head mechanics was broken (which seems like it's easy to do since the instructions warn it's users) or it's leg holster, sound effects or remote didn't function properly? That's not even taking into account their typical issues like joint breaks or other problems.

I dunno, I don't want to suck the fun out of this release for people but it seems like a lot of the eager buyers in favor for this don't care about all the Robocop 3 junk or the movement gimmicks. They seem to essentially just care about a barebones look to display museum style, right? What I don't get is that, for $120 - $200 less, collectors could have gotten a straight 1987 Robocop release that would be sturdier/better made (free of breakable gimmicks) without the Robocop 3 parts people are just going to leave in the box. How does it not bother people that for less money they could have gotten a better quality figure without all the unnecessary gimmicks, especially the ones that may be detrimental to the figure's overall look and feel?

RobocopEnterbay.jpg

No danger of snapping the chest plates, no waste of Robocop 3 accessories that will just sit in the box, no worrying about breaking the mechanics from a simple face or head swap, no hollow/cheap parts, less things to accidentally break. In that video the figure looks straight up chintzy. Right away the head wasn't functioning properly, not to mention users can't even TURN the head manually without using the remote or damaging everything. Hell, the collector breaks the middle finger clean off and was BARELY touching it (@ 4:14), what's that say about everything else?

Idk dude, but to me all of that Robo3 crap doesn't matter. All I care about is an amazing Robocop figure plain and simple. Yes, I do realize HT is coming out with one as well (that I'm also getting) but I made it very clear to myself, that when it came to licenses I absolutely love, money would not be an issue, and thankfully, it isn't. But I can see how others might be skeptical.

I truly don't mind this being from the worst movie ever made, or that the paint doesn't match certain parts of the film, or whatever. I'm set. As I said, I don't play with these things I just display them. And as far as EB not releasing a "Robocop 1 or 2" figure, that's something that I can't really know for sure. Like some others have said, HT probably got the rights for them. EB did what they could IMO.

The only way I'm getting this is through BBTS, as they are generally good about defects or whatnot. They gave me a $70 credit when my second EB Batman had the same issue (mainly the rubber suit unevenly cuts in the groin area) The fact that I WANT this and that I'm willing to shell out the cash, doesn't necessarily mean that I'll just give it away. I'll wait for some in hand reviews (luckily in English). If the QC is plain HORRIBLE, then I'd be an idiot to blindly get it regardless. As it is right now, I'm very, very tempted to do it.

After watching the video it's definitely going to be an amazing figure to own. I know the Robocop 3 logo throws it off for most and that it clearly has Wellers lines etc. Still you're basically getting a bundle of Robocop 1,2 and 3 within the set. For $500 bucks I thinks it's pretty fair even with the remote control stuff which his pretty cool in my opinion.

Sounds pretty fair to me as well, just worried about the QC problems it will have with all those electronics. Also wondering the same thing with Hot Toys versions because I had my fair share of problems with electronic features with those figures to.

Also the Burke head sculpt is fantastic even though I would prefer a Weller sculpt but still. You're getting all 3 within one figure.

Yeah we all would but at least the Burke head looks real though.

Yeah I don't play with these things either, I only buy these things because they look nice. However, the majority of people that collect this stuff play with these all these features, this is why Hot Toys invented PERS, because it is another gimmick to play with.

Gonna wait to BBTS puts it up. I'll make a decision then. I find it hilarious that when watching the video, one of the fingers pops out of the hand and the head moves way too far to the left, instead of moving to the right and the left equally. Already a QC mess like Enterbay's other offerings.

Back