ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dreams collection, congratulations! are the Keaton and 66 batman neca or custom?

Thanks a lot, Isaac :)

They're both Neca customs. Keaton has Tony Mei's cape and the head sculpt was completely repainted.

image.jpg

West head sculpt was also repainted and a custom spandex suit was added to hide all the joints. Here's an old pic of him compared to a stock Neca figure. I've since replaced the chest emblem with an iron-on so it's more accurate to the TV show.

image.jpg

Thanks a lot, Isaac :)

They're both Neca customs. Keaton has Tony Mei's cape and the head sculpt was completely repainted.

View attachment 222349

West head sculpt was also repainted and a custom spandex suit was added to hide all the joints. Here's an old pic of him compared to a stock Neca figure. I've since replaced the chest emblem with an iron-on so it's more accurate to the TV show.

View attachment 222351

Man, it's hard to believe those are NECA.
they have really stepped up their game.
Looks very high end.

Re: ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pic

Trying the belt mod on mine. Next gonna have a go at the cape clips and get a custom cape

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 184
Re: ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pic

Man, it's hard to believe those are NECA.
they have really stepped up their game.
Looks very high end.

Yeah, NECA is pretty awesome. They give you a TON for your money and their sculpts are improving with each release. Do you have these two, Remy?

Trying the belt mod on mine. Next gonna have a go at the cape clips and get a custom cape

Belt height looks great! Which custom cape are you going to get?

what exactly are you guys doing to make your belts fit better? Also what is the recommended custom cape for this guy? I want him to look like this
file_567913_batman-begins-13.jpg
am I better off trying to cut my own?

what exactly are you guys doing to make your belts fit better? Also what is the recommended custom cape for this guy? I want him to look like this
View attachment 223105
am I better off trying to cut my own?

I added extra links to the belt. A quicker and easier mod is using wire or thread to lengthen the belt. As for the cape, you can cut your own using the stock cape as a template. I'd use black velvet like epitaph said or any fabric that hangs naturally. Just cut it to be longer than the stock cape and you should be good.

Yeah, NECA is pretty awesome. They give you a TON for your money and their sculpts are improving with each release. Do you have these two, Remy?

No I dont. Honestly, I was kinda snobbish towards NECA in the beginning after getting spoiled by Hot toys and customs.
Was thinking that I only want high quality figures in my collection and that a NECA figure would cheapen my display.
Was very wrong after buying NECA Gollum and even Gizmo.
One Christmas...I was chrismas shopping at Toys r us when I saw Gizmo. I kept passing it at first, cause again, I was like...I'm not gonna put NECA in my collection. But i just kept coming back and looking at Gizmo...Finally, I was like...what the heck...maybe I'll just it in my collection temporarily for Christmas.
Its still there today. lol
I did touch up the paint a little bit and added fur in his ears and christmas hat.

I eventually bought NECA's smeagol. The paintjob is amazing...It looks like a Hot Toys figure. I did had to repaint the eyes to make it better. But the quality is on par with Hot Toys. And only $40!!!!

But you're right. Their quality has improved, but their price is magnificently reasonable.
I came very close ordering the NECA Batman Arkham Knight...still considering actually...but I've made a conscious effort
to sticking to only 1/6 figures from now on. If it would have been 1/6, I would have bought it.

My two Neca on display.

We think a lot alike :lol I initially had the same impression of NECA being cheap and low end. And to be honest, I still do feel that way to a degree. For me, their figures offer a lot for their price. But if you're accustomed to Hot Toys and other high end collectibles, the novelty of NECA's figures can quickly wear off, and then you start noticing the sloppy paint apps and other little flaws that can ultimately ruin the figure and make it clash with the rest of the collection. The only way I'll continue to like a NECA figure and keep it in my collection is if I mod it to my own liking.

I also got Smeagol and Gollum, both of which are amazing figures and are still a part of my collection. I repainted their eyes as well (got rid of the doll's eye) and added gloss and drool to make them more life like. Here's a pic of Smeagol's eyes welling up with tears and Gollum looking angrier than ever :mad:

image.jpg

Your Smeagol looks great, btw! Looks like he's planning to snatch up that sword and do something terrible :lol Your Gizmo is pretty cool as well. The fur on the ears is subtle but adds a lot to the figure. Nice touch :duff

We think a lot alike :lol I initially had the same impression of NECA being cheap and low end. And to be honest, I still do feel that way to a degree. For me, their figures offer a lot for their price. But if you're accustomed to Hot Toys and other high end collectibles, the novelty of NECA's figures can quickly wear off, and then you start noticing the sloppy paint apps and other little flaws that can ultimately ruin the figure and make it clash with the rest of the collection. The only way I'll continue to like a NECA figure and keep it in my collection is if I mod it to my own liking.

I also got Smeagol and Gollum, both of which are amazing figures and are still a part of my collection. I repainted their eyes as well (got rid of the doll's eye) and added gloss and drool to make them more life like. Here's a pic of Smeagol's eyes welling up with tears and Gollum looking angrier than ever :mad:

View attachment 223128

Your Smeagol looks great, btw! Looks like he's planning to snatch up that sword and do something terrible :lol Your Gizmo is pretty cool as well. The fur on the ears is subtle but adds a lot to the figure. Nice touch :duff

Great minds think alike. he he. :hi5:
Great job modding your Smeagol as well.
What I like about both of those figures is how it captured emotion on a headsculpt, but still retain the likeness.
Smeagol really looks like he's about to cry, and Gollum as evil as he can be.

I was tempted to get the Arkham Knight when I saw that post where somone modded theirs and added battle damaged, and fixed the neck area. It looked like a Hot Toys figure.
Looks like fun project. But I really dont have anymore room for 1/4 figures.
I wish NECA would start making 1/6 figures.

Great minds think alike. he he. :hi5:
Great job modding your Smeagol as well.
What I like about both of those figures is how it captured emotion on a headsculpt, but still retain the likeness.
Smeagol really looks like he's about to cry, and Gollum as evil as he can be.

I was tempted to get the Arkham Knight when I saw that post where somone modded theirs and added battle damaged, and fixed the neck area. It looked like a Hot Toys figure.
Looks like fun project. But I really dont have anymore room for 1/4 figures.
I wish NECA would start making 1/6 figures.

Yeah, NECA does do a fantastic job at capturing a character's expression and emotion in their sculpts (ex: Smeagol, closed mouth predator, Penguin, Hulk etc). But sometimes, their sculpts can just be straight up awful too (MOS Superman, Tony Stark Ironman, unmasked Captain America). It's usually their human sculpts that are bad.

I don't have any of the Arkham Batman figures, but everyone that has one seems to really like it. You should just get one and mod the hell out of it. That's the cool thing about NECA figures; they're so affordable (compared to hot toys) that they won't set you back too much and also, you don't have to be so worried about ***king them up when you mod them. Based on how your modded MOS turned out, you'd probably be able to make NECA's Arkham Batman look like he came straight out of the video game.

Edit: I just checked out the NECA Arkham thread and saw all the awesome modded figures you were talking about. Was the battle damaged one you mentioned made by Heubert?
image.jpeg
You're right, it does look like a high-end HT or Enterbay figure. The battle damage and neck mod really take it up several notches. Awesome job by Heubert!

Yeah, NECA does do a fantastic job at capturing a character's expression and emotion in their sculpts (ex: Smeagol, closed mouth predator, Penguin, Hulk etc). But sometimes, their sculpts can just be straight up awful too (MOS Superman, Tony Stark Ironman, unmasked Captain America). It's usually their human sculpts that are bad.

I don't have any of the Arkham Batman figures, but everyone that has one seems to really like it. You should just get one and mod the hell out of it. That's the cool thing about NECA figures; they're so affordable (compared to hot toys) that they won't set you back too much and also, you don't have to be so worried about ***king them up when you mod them. Based on how your modded MOS turned out, you'd probably be able to make NECA's Arkham Batman look like he came straight out of the video game.

Edit: I just checked out the NECA Arkham thread and saw all the awesome modded figures you were talking about. Was the battle damaged one you mentioned made by Heubert?
View attachment 223173
You're right, it does look like a high-end HT or Enterbay figure. The battle damage and neck mod really take it up several notches. Awesome job by Heubert!

Yup, that's the one.
He did an amazing job...looks like a Hot Toys.

But I'm running out of room...barely have enough room for 1/6, so I've been good keeping with my just 1/6 rule.
Maybe if I decide to get another detolf...but that is dangerous terrirory, cause that means, I'll be tempted to buy more figures. lol.

Besides, I'm waiting on HT's Batman v Superman Batfleck, so that will satisfy my quench for another Batman figure. :)

^Props to you for setting some rules and actually abiding by them. I used to only collect 1/4 figures, but then I made an exception with the 1/6 Keaton Batman figures. Everything went to hell after that :lol

Just got this baby had to share, I have one alredy but couldn't pass on this great deal specially when you're on a budget 1/4 enterbay for $100 including shipping...will be posing this guy different. :) super happy.seller was awesome ....who said Ebay sucks :)
852ff0085cf7e3248cbb73623f76e7bd.jpg

100 dollars... Damn,well done.. Love mine..just wish I had added the joker when it was a normal price.

100 dollars... Damn,well done.. Love mine..just wish I had added the joker when it was a normal price.
I got the joker like 4 months ago it for 400 from a local guy ...It's a great piece, the deals are out there just need to keep checking.

I know it has been addressed but probably easiest for the Belt
20151120_144756_zpsgopkhd61.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151120_144743_zpspnply4qd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back